2

2

A Chapter by Luis G.
"

Chapter two to the tale.

"
It's tempting. Did you know that texting is an addiction? It's an addiction. Phones have the same addicting effect as alcohol, smoking, and gambling. Weird right. In the school I was moved to we follow an interesting phone procedure. I.C.U. (inappropriate cellular use). We get a verbal warning followed by an envelope. It's purpose is to hold your phone for you. Now all I know about this procedure is that it's flawed. But which system isn't flawed? Now the reason it's tempting is because I want to text her and tell her the truth. How I feel and how I messed up. As soon as I start typing the warning is issued to me. Crap. I look at the teacher and I start to text again. I debate on what to say, I want you back and give a reason. No, it's too weird. What if I tell her she should move on? No that's too harsh. I put down the phone and I start to wrap my mind around everything. I look up to see a basketball on the wall. The memory comes running toward me.

The ball is flying through the air and it finds the net. She looks at the ball as it goes up, and her eyes follow the ball swiftly. I look at her and I say something to get her attention.
"That's called a basketball." I say giggling
"I know." She replied to me with a light smile.
We start a light conversation and I go on to tease her. I admired her from that second on. I explained to her what a scoreboard is by explaining the lights as balls of fire. What a stud I am right? I go on speaking and she starts to put her guard down. She gives me the hint of trust. Have you had that feeling that someone that you're speaking to and it feels familiar. Too familiar from someone that you love or someone that you want to love one day. It sounds selfish but it's a human trait. Love was creeping on to me. I had been single for a couple of weeks, three actually. That freshmen girl believe it or not she was with someone else while being with me, who I didn't know of. Millennials right? Maybe she was out of my league. I mean how would a nice girl be with me? I studied her laugh and her smile when she wasn't staring or when she looks away after I make her laugh. She's the prettiest thing I've ever seen. 

The bell rings and I am the only student to not pack up. Damn. I was thinking of her again. I get up from my chair and stretch my legs and arms. I grab the MacBook I was working on, and I plug it back into the charging port. Once that is done I shove my earphones inside of my ears, I put the aux cable into it's socket, and start listening to music. I go on to my new class which is now, drum roll please, Health Science B. Exciting right? As I am walking I look up to see the sky. It's blue while it should be gray. I look around and I see the faces of unknown people, I am confused to why I am here. I walk in to the class and I start the work I have been accustomed to for the last couple of weeks. I start to work and think, it's hard not to think of her so I try to block it out. Let me tell you it's nearly impossible. Once you love someone and you split from them, it's hard to continue a normal life before they were yours. I do my work no problem and I am allowed to be on my phone for the rest of the class. I skim through a couple of online stories and I write some feelings into my journal. Call it a diary if you must, I enjoy it either way. I wait out the long hour class and proceed into my day. I get work done here from there and I take the thirty minute long bus ride home. Suddenly I come across a car that is all to familiar to me. 

I walk up to her and I give her the question I've been aching to ask."Did you lie to me?" I asked with a worried tone.
"No, why?"
I proceed to tell her about how the freshmen I 'dated' wanted to hurt her and I asked her earlier about it. Though she gave me the same answer she gave me now. As we talk you should know that before I asked her the question. She was across the front of the school to where I was. We were about a couple of fifty to sixty yards away. We just stared at each other like old souls who knew their lives like the back of their ghostly hands. I told her about the girl and what happened between me and her. I told her I got worried for her and how I would protect her from anything even if it were dangerous or not. I sit next to her and we talk away. I've grown to like this girl. She gets up and says my mom is here, I get up and bid her a farewell. She is the one for me I believed. I like her there is no doubt about that. I may even love her by now though I've known her for a couple of weeks. A month and a half. Her car vanishes into the long stretch of road and she is gone, out of my life. 

I arrive to the bus stop and I am met with the sight of my brother. He is a tall twenty year old guy, goatee and big ears, with a cool personality but the lack of knowledge of what to do. Though he is a nice guy and he never gives up, he is a millennial like me and you. Which is to be described as the worst generation of humans to exist. He likes The Fast and The Furious. Hence his car with a gun metal grey color and it's spoiler, it looks weird but what can I say? Once I am at my humble of ode, the mess of my room is just sad. The clothes scattered and the cups of orange and cranberry juice are like the sight of an artillery gun. Only difference there are not big shells of where giant explosive  rounds are meant to be, there are red cups and clothes mixed all together. I open my laptop and I put the music I like while I do my homework. The temptation returns to text her, I give in and I say hi. She responds and we talk about the situation of us. 'I love you...' That was the last message we both sent each other for the night. I'll get into detail of what happened but it will be soon. I lost my temper and I yelled horrible things at her, okay. I am a bad person I know. Okay we got that done, and there is a reason behind it but there is no excuse. Not that I was mad but more of a reason that I was stressed, we've been together for a year and I've grown into her like a mole. Attached to her. But if two futures are different and the life you will have in a couple of months together. She will be waiting on her man to return from a base to go off again for months at a time. I would be taking her with me and depriving her from her life. Am I right or wrong? I faked to be mad at her for months and she never gave up on me, until I yelled at her directly and not through the screen of a phone. I take my breath and I start to feel it, the sadness of my mistake. I get changed into my jogging clothes and I look around to see the Jack Skellington head toy. I hold the tear and I go for a jog.

It's the day of our seventh month date of being together. I start to walk off the bus to be greeted by her with a kiss and her taking my rough hand in her wrinkled palms. The dinosaur skin, I would tease her with them. We start to walk into the campus and we get to our place. Where we talk, hug, and kiss from time to time. We talk about how she would get me back because I have a habit of proving her wrong. I love when she gives me challenges though some are inappropriate for our age. But young love right? I start to crack my jokes and tell her what happened over the night and what I dreamed about. I love our talks, though some are serious we are together because we love each other. The day proceeds and I walk her to each of her classes. I give her a kiss before and after each class, not a long like make-out kiss but a simple but tender kiss. Just before she walks into her final class she gives me a toy. The head toy of Jack Skellington, It looks weird but I love it. I even start to play with it in my last class room. I go to her after the final bell of the day, we start to walk around the school and she starts to ramble on with her day and I listen to her.. She gives her loud but beautiful weird expressions of happiness. I love those. She starts to run and orders me to stay still, and she goes off and comes running back and I catch her and pick her up. Our run and jumps she calls them. She goes behind me and I feel her grabbing my arms.
"Fly with me baby." she says softly to me.
"I love you Catherine." I replied to her. 
Her name is Catherine. There is one mystery solved.


© 2018 Luis G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on April 26, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018


Author

Luis G.
Luis G.

San Bernardino, CA



About
I am a person like everyone haha, I am old school and I read lots of books well, I've always been fond of books more..

Writing