Chapter 8:Forgiveness

Chapter 8:Forgiveness

A Chapter by MICHAEL

 

 
        It's been a few months. Lisa moved in, keeping her place as a studio, a bed and kitchen for when she worked late. We've had little time to talk. Her mom had passed in December. Hit her hard. She withdrew into her work, threw herself into making the deal for the gallery/workshop. Her final meeting is today with the landlord, the city and the college. It's early spring now.       She calls around five on Friday.
"Hey"
"Hey"
"What's up?"
"Got some news"
"You made the deal?"
"I'll tell you when I get home"
"OK, I'll be here"
        She sails in the door, red hair flying, mischief prowling in her rogueish green eyes. I lift her up and spin her around. She lays a kiss on me like it would be our last.
"Marry me", she says
"I thought I already asked you that? Remember, you said yes"
"I mean now"
"Well, can it wait till after dinner? I've been cooking all afternoon."
"Silly, you know what I mean"
"I do, are you sure?"
"Yes, I need you in my life"
"I'll be there no matter what, and don't start crying"
"I'll take a quick shower"
        Gave me another kiss.
"I love you"
"You only say that because I fixed your favorite"
"Spaghetti?"
"And meatballs, your Mom's recipe"
        She sidles down the hall. Leaves me standing there, shaking my head.
I call after her,"How'd the meeting go?"
"Great. Everybody's on board. We'll have the first floor of the theatre and the carriage house in the back. I'ts going to be a home for all disciplines.
I signed you up for the writer's workshop."
"Thanks for asking me"
"I know how to get you to say yes"
        She reached back for her bra strap and shooed me out.
"Can't I watch?"
"You'll get yours soon enough"
        I finished the table. Candles and flowers I had stashed back in the cove. The water in the shower ran…and ran…and ran. Strange. I walked down the hall and called, "Lisa? You all right?"
        She was sitting on the floor against the mirror, naked and trembling.
I pulled her robe off the hook and draped around her. Sat down, wrapped my arms and pulled her close.
"Lisa, what's wrong?"
        She took my hand and placed it under her breast, pinced two fingers along a small, hard, pea-sized shape. I didn't say a word, just held tighter and rocked her.


© 2010 MICHAEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 5, 2009
Last Updated on October 19, 2010


Author

MICHAEL
MICHAEL

INDIANAPOLIS, IN



About
Male, 58, currently single. Government clerk in Indianapolis. Ex-hippie(well that's an oxymoron). Music and writing are my interests. Play pool pretty good, was a hustler in my youth.Play guitar and s.. more..

Writing
INNOCENCE INNOCENCE

A Poem by MICHAEL