Chapter 10:Redemption

Chapter 10:Redemption

A Chapter by MICHAEL

     It's been a few months. Lisa is doing well. Some good days, some bad, mostly good. Gallery is doing well, opened a coffee shop in the basement, hired Bridget to manage the place, she's great.
Our status is routinely set; breakfast, paper, radio weather, kiss. I'll retire soon, my life will resovle to writing, and teaching, workshop above the carriage house. Permanence is illusive.
called her Friday, 3pm. "Lisa!", "Yeah, I'm kinda busy, what is it?" "Meet me at Tony's tonight,8:30, wear that dress." Heard her sigh through the phone, "Ok"
Arranged with Tony, our table in the corner, pulled in Bridget to control the chaos. Tony's cousin knew a trio; violin, accordion, and mandolin. I said sure, why not.
Lisa walks in, that dress clinging to every curve, a geometry only God could conceive. "How was your day?" "Busy" "Know Lisa, you need to slow down. It's like you're herding your life into a very narrow space. When did you last take some time to yourself, go to your studio, be creative?" She bowed her head in exhaustion and started to cry. I came around to her, lifted her chin, "What are you doing on the 19th?" "I don't know." "I do, you're getting married." "To whom?" "Who else?" "Did I ever say yes?" "Yeah, bout a year ago"
Then the parade begins. Bridget comes out of the kitchen with Tony and the troubadours, sits down next to Lisa with a calendar appointment book. Seamstress, a cousin of hers, hair dresser, UAW hall.
I slipped away into the parking lot, stars so crisp, Orion forbodes the coming winter. Juanita comes out, takes my arm, "You know we love you guys". The tears flowed.



© 2010 MICHAEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

160 Views
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on October 19, 2010


Author

MICHAEL
MICHAEL

INDIANAPOLIS, IN



About
Male, 58, currently single. Government clerk in Indianapolis. Ex-hippie(well that's an oxymoron). Music and writing are my interests. Play pool pretty good, was a hustler in my youth.Play guitar and s.. more..

Writing
INNOCENCE INNOCENCE

A Poem by MICHAEL