Chapter 2:Hello

Chapter 2:Hello

A Chapter by MICHAEL

 

"Hey"
"Hey"
"What ya doin?"
"Uh, I got the kids."
"Oh"
"You can come over though. You know they'd love to see ya, me too."
"Ok"
"I'll leave the door unlocked."
"Alright"
I take the stairs, not being in a hurry. B14, I knock lightly then push it open. Call in, "Hey".
"Back here"
Find her kneeling at the tub, the kids swallowed in suds. They scream out, "Mike"
"Hi"
"We're taking a bath."
"Yeah, I can see that."
I kneel down beside her, lean over and the kids give me a kiss.
I touch Lisa's back and she gives me a peck.
"Alright kids, you're clean enough. Playtime is over."
"Anything I can do?" "Yeah, you can take Brian."
I reach behind for a towel. "Ok, monster, let's go"
I grab him up, giggling. Pat down his hair and head to the next room.
The suitcase is open on the bed. I take out some Spiderman underwear and pajamas.
I reach them out to him and he stands there. I say, "What?" "You can dress yourself now, you're four."
He pulls on the briefs, but I help with the pajama snaps. Head toward the living room, hanging him upside down over my back. Meet Lisa and Sarah in the hall, deposit them both on the couch.
It's getting dark now. Lisa closes the blinds and pops in a Disney cartoon, the mermaid one.
She winks and we take the opportunity for a brief hug, before all bundle together on the couch.
Sarah is now nestled against me, while Brian is buried in Lisa's chest, sucking his thumb. I'm jealous.
Finally they start to nod off and we carry them in, laying them down together. We stand there a minute, looking down, my arm around her. Angels.
Lisa readies for bed while I fix us a drink. She pulls out the couch and at last we get a chance to really greet each other. "You are staying aren't you?" "I suppose."
We snuggle and she places my hand on her breast as she softly strokes my thigh and we fall asleep.


3


Morning has broken and we are under attack. Pounced upon, jumbled in a sea of flailing legs and delighted screams. After a while, Lisa calms them down and says their Mom will be there in an hour and they have to get dressed. I start breakfast. Put on a pot of coffee and check the fridge. Assemble some eggs and sausage and cheese, scrambling them together. Pour out some cereal and milk. Burn the toast, distracted by the commotion in the other room, looking out the window at another day. The table is quieter, only a few spills, and Lisa and I get a chance to chat. The doorbell rings. It's Christy. She gives me a hug as the kids cling to her leg. Sits down for a cup of coffee as the kids watch cartoons. "Why don't you two get together?" "You know you love each other." Lisa and I just look at each other and smile.
 


© 2010 MICHAEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on June 8, 2009
Last Updated on October 19, 2010


Author

MICHAEL
MICHAEL

INDIANAPOLIS, IN



About
Male, 58, currently single. Government clerk in Indianapolis. Ex-hippie(well that's an oxymoron). Music and writing are my interests. Play pool pretty good, was a hustler in my youth.Play guitar and s.. more..

Writing
INNOCENCE INNOCENCE

A Poem by MICHAEL