Dream or Vision?

Dream or Vision?

A Chapter by Mackenzie Brooke

“Alex…… Alex…….Alex!”

 I woke up; eyes foggy, throat sore, muscles stiff, head heavy. Lying on my bed I looks up to see the warm and caring face of my best friend Joy.

 

“ Hey Joy” I said in my aggravated, bad day, don’t talk to me till I get my coffee voice.

 

“Are you okay Alex?” she asked looking at me like I had a magic marker mustache on my face.

 

“Yeah why?”

 

“You were moaning in your sleep and made faces like you had seen a ghost or something.”

 

I sat up clenching my face with my hands. The dream I had last night seemed so real.

 

“Well get out of bed soon because in a couple hours the gate is gonna open so you have to be dressed” Joy said then left my kart.

 

I rolled out of my bed, and changed out of my pajamas. Before I left my tiny little kart I looked into my tiny crystal ball that was on the top of my dresser. I swirled the top with my index finger and tapped the sides lightly surely enough the small crystal filled with a thick black smoke.  When the smoke finally cleared the crystal showed me the image of hundreds of people laughing in their seat as Luna and Solar ran around causing their usual shenanigans. The humans were silenced when a white fog filled the room instantly, and then out of the fog came a sudden burst of explosive red powder. The crowd cheered when out of the explosion of red came, Lucifer.

 

 I stepped out of my kart and started walking through our small village.

 

“Booo” I heard that frightening call in my ear and it made me nearly jump out of my skin.

 

“Haha got you Alex.”

 

The holder of the voice jumped out of the tree he was sitting in and in front of me.

 

“Ash don’t do that to me” I said pushing him but it didn’t stop his laughing.

 

“I can’t help it Alex your just so easy to scare” he said holding my chin. I pushed his arm away and he let out another chuckle.

 

Ash always loved teasing me ever since I first came here when I was 11, I’m 17 and nothing seemed to change.

 

“Don’t you have a show to get ready for” I said highly annoyed by this point.

 

“That’s my dear Alexandra is actually why I’m here, Lucifer asked me to come get you said something about needing to talk to you about your act.”

 

What act? All I do is before and after shows I perform small tricks for little kids. During the show I help the other acts get ready or I’ll just sit behind the curtain and watch.

 

“Okay…. I’ll go talk to him” I said then went to look for Lucifer.

I walked through our small village a little section of tranquility from the rest of the universe. The jugglers who can throw a thousand feet in the air the acrobats who can stretch every which way our little town was a simple Renaissance community but it was magical so It was home.

 

I approached Lucifer’s tent slowly. Just as I was about to open the curtain to allow myself in Sapphire came charging out like a wild stallion and only paused for a moment to give me a cold stare before running of again.

 

 I hesitated before lifting the curtain again and just as I began to finger the thick luxurious fabric when it ripped open.

 

“Hello Alexandra please come in” he said, I did as I was told and walked into the extravagant tent. The walls covered with fine fabrics, elegant furniture filled the large space, candles everywhere illuminating the dark colors of the room.

 

“Please my dear sit” Lucifer said.

 

I sat on a stool placed in the corner of the room while Lucifer poured a dark drink into his glass he took a seat on in the large cushioned chair.

 

“Why is it darling that you sit so far away from me, do you not know that you have nothing to fear?”

 

“Yes sir of course I only wish to seat myself where it seems most fit.”

 

He laughed at my remark. I trembled quietly while watching him take a sip of his drink something about Lucifer was intimidating, almost scary being around him has always made me uncomfortable.

 

“Do you why you’re here little Alex” Lucifer said leaning forward in his chair facing me.

 

“No sir.”

 

“Ever since I found you those six years ago I knew you were something special” he began to say as he stood up and walked around the room. “You have a special talent my dear something I have watched you perfect since the day I found you hiding in that alley.”

 

“Thank you sir”

 

“You have only yourself thank dear, all your hard work and dedication has paid of for tonight when  we cross over in the mortal realm, you shall take the main stage as the lead performer tonight”

 

“Thank you sir, I don’t know what to say”

 

“Simply say you’ll be eager to take on your new title tonight darling, for tonight you shall transform in front of the crowd as the Astonishing Alexandra master of magic. Now your friend Joy has agreed to help you prepare so go and find her because the two of you have much to speak about.”

 

“I am truly so grateful sir, I shall not let you down.”

 

I left the elegant tent feeling better than I ever had before I can’t wait to share the amazing news with Ash!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know I have read and reviewed this before but I don't see my review on here. Oh well, I don't mind reading it again. The story captives me and keeps my attention. It is easy to read but there are a lot of grammatical errors, mostly with commas. I'm not an expert but if you would like me to list the errors I see then let me know.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like this. The Lucifer character reminds me a bit of the devil in The Master and Margarita.

The word face is used repetitively in a way that I notice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


looks up to see the warm and caring face of my best friend Joy

look or looked

This IS interesting. I dont want you thinking I dont like it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Again, the same as the prologue and agreeing with Angie Diane
I feel each chapter should be at least 3 to 5 pages. This is an easy thing to do if you add description and really draw it out (no fillers) but actually take the time to build up your characters/setting/the feeling etc. Good chapter though. I felt it was still very interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm. A couple of grammar issues. I won't go into details about it. When you read it over you will see what I'm talking about. Oh so Alex is a fortune teller or something like that. That dream was scary. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That last paragraph really makes things interesting. There's much to learn about this world you're presenting us with.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wait, WHAT?
Hold on!

That was a dream?!
AND WHAT?! ALEX IS CONJURING LUCIFER?!!
Hmm...

Things just got 20 % stranger.

{“ Hey Joy” I said in my aggravated, bad day, don’t talk to me till I get my coffee voice.}

Best line ever. Seriously. XD I totally understand that type of voice. I use it all the time. :3

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012


Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing