Learning new tricks

Learning new tricks

A Chapter by Mackenzie Brooke

Come on Joy they’re gonna open the gate soon!” I screamed at a very slow Joy who was gathering up all her things.

 

“Alright, alright, I’m coming!” She yelled back.

 

Joy came out of her dressing room and together we ran out of the back of the tent were the others were already gathered around. I was standing in the back when Lucifer came and stood in front of the crowd. We all waited around for Lucifer to open the gate back to our little world but tonight he was strangely hesitant.

 

“Oh Alexandra come here please.” Lucifer said causing everyone to immediately turn and stare at me.

 

 I was frozen and didn’t move until Joy gave me a little nudge.  I walked awkwardly through the crowd, and when I finally reached Lucifer he put his arm on my shoulders and smiles devilishly at me.

 

“My dear Alexandra would you care to assist me tonight in opening the gate?”

 

“Why yes sir of course!”

 

Lucifer then stood behind me and placed his arms on top of mine.

 

“Just concentrate hard on opening the portal and it shall come” he whispered ever so lightly in my ear.

 

I did as he requested and concentrated hard on opening the portal. Soon enough a little black hole appeared before us. Soon it grew to the point where it was nearly ten feet in diameter. I smiled at my accomplishment and Lucifer patted my shoulder. I was the first to walk through the gate and mere seconds later I was back in my small little village.

 

“Great job Alex” I heard Ash say as he ran past me.

 

Every one gathered round the roaring fire and celebrated. Ash used his talent of creating flames from his hands to make the fire grow bigger. Sapphire made her arm grow ten feet to grab a bottle of wine and effortlessly shrunk it back to normal size. Usually I would join everyone in the nightly festivities but tonight I was especially tired so I went straight to bed.

 

...............

“I can’t stand you playing these games with me anymore Lucifer” Sapphire said as she threw her drink to the ground.

 

“Darling don’t be rash.”  Lucifer said in his usual cool, calm, and collected voice.

 

“How can I not be rash when facing the reality that your heart is straying from me and cuddling up to someone else?”

 

She stood up abruptly and headed towards the door, but before she made it out Lucifer grabbed her arm and held her.

“I am not sure if you remember why I gave you the name Sapphire when I found you but I did because you are my precious gem.”

 

Lucifer kissed Sapphire vigorously and at first she gave in to him as she always did. Then she remembered why she came to see him in the first place and pushed him away.

 

“Just tell me Lucifer, if you ever have cared for me even the slightest amount. Just tell me you have not fallen in love with that child.”

 

Lucifer stood there in silence. Those brief seconds of silence where enough for Sapphire to tell were Lucifer’s heart was. She turned from him and ran out of the tent in tears.

……………

I woke up immediately, my face and body hot and coated in sweat. Another dream, just like the one I had last night.

 

What is going on with me?

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this Lucifer guy is a real creep. I can't wait to find out what her dreams mean. Keep the story coming and I will follow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


cant wait to read more:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think I'm starting to get why Lucifer said she was special. He's either just talking her up (as devils are wont to do) or it might have something to do with these dreams she's having. You've already made it clear that they can use crystal balls to see the possible future, but I wonder if dreaming about the future, or past, is something that is rare or unheard of. It's good that your story is provoking these kinds of thoughts.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012


Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing