Perfect Inning

Perfect Inning

A Story by Macy A. Brown

     I walk onto the mound thinking back on the terrible week my teacher had put me through.  It was finally Friday night.  It was the 3rd game of the baseball season.  I was on the Dimondbacks.

     I look into the Dodger's player's eyes.  Sweat poring down onto my face.  I took a deep breath and threw my first pitch.  The batter swung and....missed!!

                                 "Strike ONE"

yelled the umpire.  I had two more to go to strike the guy out.  My second pitch was a strike and so was my third!!

    One out two more to go.  I looked into the crowd and my eyes met with my dad's.  He gave me a thumbs up and then put on a serious face.  I wound up and threw my pitch...Strike!!! Second pitch...Stirke!! One more. I couldn't lose my head or else it would be a ball.

    Buckets of sweat was pouring from my face now.  Then I suddenly realized that  I had thrown the ball!!!  I could see it was high, if the batter hit the ball it could be a home run. The batter swung and then the ball was resting in the cathers mit!!!!

     "Strike Three.  Your OUT!!"

          Two outs. If I threw three stikes and no balls it would be a perfect inning.  First throw, Strike. Second throw, Strike!!! I looked into the crowd again but it seemed as though I was looking into a crowud of statues.  One more pitch left. I took a deep breath, wiped my forehead and threw.

 

                STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

© 2011 Macy A. Brown


Author's Note

Macy A. Brown
This is my first short story. What do you think???

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woah, nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


what should i write about then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's a good story. I also agree with brynna, but hey, it's really good. It felt real, like it was really happening, so good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good story. though i agree with brynna on the overwritten subject thing

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are good at making short stories but one tip. Write something that people don't normally write about. You spelt pitch wrong somewhere. Other than these small things it was great! I want you to write more stories because I am still not fully satisfied!! :) good job and keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
5 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011

Author

Macy A. Brown
Macy A. Brown

NV



About
I love to write of course! That's why I am on here. I am writing a new book named, "Christmas Morning" It's my first one and I come out with about two to three chapters a day. I love to play baseba.. more..

Writing