BRENDA AND THE LARGE BROWN COW

BRENDA AND THE LARGE BROWN COW

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN
"

Brenda the Breakdown van has an adventure

"

 Brenda and the large brown cow.

 

It was a lovely warm day in Jolly town. Brenda the breakdown Van liked the sunshine.

The man from the garage came running out.

 

“Brenda, a car has broken down and we must go and help.” Says the garage man. “Honk Honk.” Says Brenda.

 

Soon Brenda and the Garage man found the Little Grey car.

 

The garage man went to talk with a man in a big flat hat.

The man in the big flat hat drives the little grey car.

 

The garage man lifted up the bonnet of the little grey car and started to mend the engine.

 

Brenda loves the countryside.

Brenda loves listening to the birds singing.

Brenda was happy watching a pretty Butterfly.

When she noticed a large brown ‘thing’ coming down the lane.

 

“Goodness me.” Says Brenda, “I wonder what that could be.” It was a large brown cow called Mable.

 

Mable had escaped from her field and was enjoying a gentle trot in the countryside.

 

“Honk Honk.” Says Brenda, trying to warn the garage man about the large brown cow.

 

The Garage man, and the man in the big flat hat, didn’t hear her. Brenda says it again, much louder.

 

“HONK HONK HONK.” Says Brenda. This time the garage man lifted up his head and looked at Brenda.

“I wonder why Brenda is Tooting her horn so loudly?” says the Garage man.

 

“Oh dear the garage man is looking the wrong way.” says Brenda. Then she had an idea and flashed her bright orange lights.

The Garage man was surprised and the man in the big flat hat was surprised.

 

Brenda says “Honk Honk Honk.” Again. The man in the big flat hat turned around and saw Mable the cow trotting down the lane towards them.

 

“Goodness me.” Says the man in the big flat hat, “There is a large brown cow trotting down the lane.”

 

The garage man and the man in the big flat hat moved to the other side of the little grey car.

 

As Mable trotted safely by, she says “Moo moo, how do you do?” and then Mable continued to trot happily down the lane.

“Well done Brenda.” Says the garage man.

“Yes, thank you Brenda.” Says the man in the big flat hat. “We might have been hurt if you hadn’t warned us.

Brenda flashed her orange lights again and gave a little “Honk Honk.”

 

Quite soon the garage man had mended the little grey car. The man in the big flat hat was very pleased. The little grey car drove away  and the garage man waved bye bye.

 

The garage man says. “Brenda, we must find the farmer and tell him about the large brown cow.”

“Honk.” Says Brenda.

 

The garage man drove Brenda to the farm.

The farmer was very pleased to hear about Mable.

 

“Mable is my very best cow.” Says the farmer. “She gives me lots of lovely creamy milk. I’ll go and get Trevor.” Says the Farmer.

Trevor is my big Green Tractor.

 

The farmer, and Trevor, set off to look for Mable.

Brenda and the garage man followed behind.

 

Soon they found Mable resting under a tall tree. Mable was happy to see the farmer.

 

The farmer tied a piece of string gently around Mable’s neck.

The farmer held on to string as he drove Trevor the big green tractor slowly back to the farm.

 

“Well Brenda we’ve had a busy day.” Says the garage man. “I think we should go home now.” He says.

 

“Honk Honk.” Says Brenda as she drove happily back to Jolly town garage.

 



© 2024 MAD ENGLISHMAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I cannot believe there are no comments on this, it's bloody brilliant, surreal, but brilliant.

LB

Posted 5 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

5 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so much. I've found someone to do the drawings now. I can't wait to share them with .. read more
lakinbob

5 Years Ago

I was going to add that this is crying out to be illustrated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2024


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing