Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Specialized Time Waster

Corinne moved around the various items contained in the tan duffel bag with both of her hands, making a small open spot in the middle of the random valuables that almost filled the bag. She then began taking the small stack of bills beside her and placed the money in the small spot she had created for it. There wasn't much. Maybe 4 or 5 sectioned off stacks of twenty dollar bills. As she did this though, she glanced at the computer screen she had been working on an hour ago, the split screens on the monitor both presenting maps in different locations. Only for a second, before going back to the task she was currently doing. As if on cue, when Corinne had finished her action the front door opened. The one who walked through the door was the bright red-head from yesterday, with a single folder in his right hand. Said folder seemed to have nothing contained in it, just an empty folder waiting to be used.

“Well, I did what you asked, although it was stupid hard to get.” Aidan made his way over to the desk and handed the folder to Corinne.

She looked at it for a few seconds, a bit confused on why it looked empty, but accepted it anyway. Opening it up, a single piece of paper greeted Corinne’s sight, and much like the folder, there was almost nothing on it. There was a name, date, and coordinates. The whole thing looked quite sad for some reason.

Corinne lifted the paper, “This is all.”

“Yeah, unfortunately.” Aidan replied, “... It’s strange.” he muttered, catching Corinne’s attention away from the paper.

“What is.” She inquired, placing the paper back and setting the folder down next to the duffel bag.

“Why is it that so little information was so hard to get? It just doesn’t make sense.”

“Probably because they didn’t want to admit defeat.” Corinne stated, zipping up the filled bag.

“Huh?”

“It seems whoever got their hands on the girl we’re looking for knows how to make a GPS system prevent tracking them.” Corinne explained, pointing to the computer screen, “They’re an amateur at best though. I was easily able to get a signal on them through other means.” She continued.

Aidan stared at the location on the screen in silence for a moment, “They… haven’t even left the city?”

“The way their system was suppose to work is that when they are being tracked the GPS to whatever they’re being tracked with points to a random area, except for where they actually are.”

“That’s all?” Aidan turned his head to Corinne.

“No, it’s much more complicated… but I’m afraid you wouldn’t get it.” She turned around and picked up another duffel bag, which was black instead of tan, that had been sitting on her desk chair. She held it in front of Aidan, “your entire attire is in this bag, I’d like for you to put it on before we leave so that we’re ready.” she instructed.

Aidan looked a bit surprised, taking the bag from Corinne, “Wait, I’m going with you?”

“This isn’t uncommon, is it.” Corinne questioned.

A smile of joy slowly started to form on Aidan’s face, “Does that me you’re taking me to our weapon supplier?!” He asked excitedly.

“Of course.” Corinne answered, “You’d have to go eventually, and this job is easy enough to start showing you how to prepare for a mission.” She took the straps of the tan duffle bag, making Aidan move side as she walked past him, “Like I mentioned, though, you should get ready now. Because after we get our supplies, we’re heading straight there.”


Aidan stood outside of what looked like an apartment building, with a staircase leading up to the glass door that let people exit and enter out of the building. He fixed the straps of the duffel bag to sit better on his shoulder as he kept his gaze on the building. Although, the adjustment didn't do much since this was the bag Corinne had stuffed with random objects. He waited for the sound of a car door closing and a few beeps, indicating his brown haired friend had stepped out of her silver Audi R8. He turned around to face Corinne, who was holding an empty bag. The bag that previously contained the clothing he was wearing currently. A long black hooded coat, which he kept open, and a black long sleeved shirt. Since he had already been wearing black pants and shoes, there wasn't a need to change them to match the other pieces of clothing. Although there were also gloves to go with the outfit, Aidan decided to store those in his coat pocket for when he needs them. Oddly enough though, this made his appearance more noticeable. His almost inhumanly pale skin differing greatly from the dark color of his clothes. His flaming red hair seeming to just scream for attention, even if Aidan didn't really want it to. Although at first glance these are what made him stand out, when one looked closer they would probably say the most notable feature of his to stand out was his eyes. The mix of green and yellow that came together so beautiful, he had even been told before that his eyes seemed to be made of peridot itself. Aidan was a very odd person indeed, both in personality and appearance. Anyway, aren't reading this story to hear about him, so let's move on with it already.

“This isn't the normal guy, is it?” He inquired when Corinne had made it in front of him.

“Nope, and you'll never meet him or hear about him again.” Corinne replied, getting a questioning look from Aidan.

“What happened?”

“He was caught selling to other people than just us.” Corinne explained, making her way up the stairs.

Aidan, naturally, followed her. “That'll do it.” He nodded his head in an understanding way. “

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't also find out he was a big supplier for Lux.” Corinne added, catching Aidan by surprise as he opened the glass door of the building.

“Damn… So what was the decision?”

“The higher-ups claimed it would be too easy to simply just kill him. They haven't come to a unanimous punishment. If I had to guess, though, I would say ten years of solitary confinement.” Corinne assumed, getting a chuckle from Aidan as they entered,

“You wanna bet on that?”

“Certainly. Let's say $100.”

“Yep! I say he gets returned to Lux with information of helping us!” Aidan claimed confidently, folding his arms together.

“That's a good guess for someone who hasn't had much experience with this before.” Corinne commented,

“I'll take that as a compliment.”


Aidan dumped all the contents of the duffel bag he had previously been holding onto the wooden coffee table in front of him, presenting it to the albino woman that sat across from him. Said woman had her arms folded and a look of disapproval on her face as her red eyes occasionally moved from Aidan to Corinne. When the red haired man had moved away and leaned back on the couch the woman reached for the items, shuffling them around to see all the different offerings. Once she had inspected the objects, she grabbed the money that had been in the pile and appeared to be counting the bills. When she had finished she sent the money to her side and crossed her legs, keeping her eyes on the woman with the tinted sunglasses specifically.

“Vous avez besoin de plus. (You need more.)” the woman stated.

Corinne tilted her head slightly. She moved forward, changing her sitting position so her elbows where now resting on her knees, “C’est une valeur de deux cent mille dollars tous ensemble. Vous en voulez plus. (That is worth two hundred thousand dollars all together. You want more.)” Corinne inquired, but her only response was silence.

That's how they all stayed. Aidan didn't have a clue what was being said, since this woman in front of him only spoke French. So, as of now, Corinne was to determine what would be said. Corinne sat up, adjusting her sunglasses before speaking,

“Que se passe-t-il si un jeté dans quelques produits de boulangerie.” The woman took a minute to think of Corinne's offer.

“... Je vais accepter. Vous pouvez prendre autant que peuvent transporter vos bagages. (I'll accept. You can take as much as your bags can carry.)” The woman nodded, standing up from her couch and making her way towards a door in the room.

Aidan and Corinne both followed the woman's actions, taking the duffel bags with them,

“What's the deal?”

“She'll supply any other employees that come knocking at her door, as long as she gets a steady payment of $200,000 bi-weekly. With some extra fees of course.” Corinne explained.

“That's cheap, not nearly as much as we paid the last guy…”

“Yeah, but she doesn't need to know that.” Corinne commented, changing the bag she had to her right hand and taking out a pack of cigarettes from her pants pocket with her left.



© 2017 Specialized Time Waster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017
Tags: fiction, powers, heroes, action, humor


Author

Specialized Time Waster
Specialized Time Waster

About
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GirlGamerakaGG Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jZJybb_9tN-9-opNDERjQ Is any of this important? Probably not. more..

Writing