Handicap

Handicap

A Poem by Manda
"

She is paralyzed for life... trapped for life inside her body.

"
How can one live
When you have nothing to live for?

How can one live
When you're invincible to the world?

***

How would you feel
If you couldn't do anything?

What if you couldn't go to the movies
Or go shopping with your friends?

What if you were forced to stay home
Unable to have any fun?

What if when people looked at you
They laughed?

What if everyday....
You were forced to let others help you?

How would you feel?

Would you feel trapped
Inside your body?

***

I know that is how my sister feels.

Everyday I watch her
In the corner of my eye.

And each day
I just want to cry...

She struggles
Through life.

I watch her try to fight her strengths
But she never seems to win.

Her bones are too weak
And never seem to budge.

***

I ask God one question,
Why?

Why, did you choose her?

Why did you have to make her
Handicap?

© 2010 Manda


Author's Note

Manda
This is for my handicap sister. Hope you like it. It not be my best, but it comes from my heart and means a lot to me. I wish you knew what it is like to watch you sister...unable to do anything. Well tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is written beautiful for your sister. I can only imangine what it is to watch your love one go through something like this. I know it hurts you, but even though she's going through this, it should make you even stronger for her and for yourself. likfe is cool but at times it is unfair. keep your head up towards the sky, for the sky will tell you WHY.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are people whom I will be with in my career choice who will have some type of disability. There is ultimately a reason why God has chosen your sister to have this burden put upon her. Is is because there is a lesson she needs to learn? Or is it her loved ones? Is there an ultimate goal for her to reach in this lifetime? Is she on this earth to spread the word about what she is going through and to help others pull through their pain when they feel there is no reason for them to live?
Of course this is not meant to offend, but just to think as well. There is always a purpose that one must fulfill upon this earth. It's whether they want too or know what it is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it's important that you wrote this. This stuff is deep and it hurts. You ask some very good questions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not your most polished piece, but with the subject matter you have chosen this piece wouldnt feel right well polished. An amazingly insightful piece. Very well done!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it's great. You can tell that it comes from your heart when you're reading it. I love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very touching and moving. I really like your use of italics and underlining. It really strengthens the tone of the poem. I can really feel the raw emotion of this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, i feel extremley cliche saying this but I cried my eyes out. This was beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Disabilities are always very hard to deal with. Not only for those with the disability, but for their families and loved ones as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is very sad but I can tell it comes from the heart. The thing is Manda, is that, handicap people still can live a fulfilling and capable life. Being handicap does not mean she is unable to do what she wants. I work with handicap students, and they all have smiles on their faces, and living life to the fullest, and doing things that people without a disability are doing. As her sister, try to encourage her to do things, and do things with her. It is a very sensitive situation, but the people around her have to try and make her feel loved, and important and more importantly accepted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poem is beautiful and sad. Sometime the world don't have to be large. As long as we have love and friends near. Never give pity. Give positive motivation and hope. Best writer on my Myspace site is a handicap Poet. He read everything I write. I can't keep up with his poetry and stories. His mind never rest. A powerful poem. Only handicap in a life is people blind to the pain and suffering around them and do nothing.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2210 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda