Innocence of Christmas

Innocence of Christmas

A Poem by Dave
"

I wish to add this to the Christmas collaboration.

"
Innocence of Christmas


The innocence of childhood on that most wondrous of nights

Trying to sleep when their heads are full of the coming joy.

All should be fine on that bright day, not a care, nor sorrow.

Let innocence return, let the day be bright, in it, let all delight

© 2018 Dave


Author's Note

Dave
David B. Pincus - USA

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

geez, i want to go back there...those Christmases when i was a kid in NY...the train laid out around the tree....the beautiful, full balsa tree...so tall my dad had to get up on the step ladder to put the star on top.
simpler times...when Christmas had so much meaning...not so much commercialism..
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I missed this one Dave, but how wonderful to read now. It is a most magical time for lots of children. I also spare a thought for the ones who don't feel the joy of Christmas. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Since I've been sketchy at the cafe since Halloween, I've lost track of the Christmas collaboration. But your poem is a good one, with or without it! *smile* This has the trademarks of being a parent, as you have injected your Christmas story with the excitement & anticipation of childhood. I think maybe not having had kids, I am not as tuned in to this kind of magic at Christmastime! Here's hoping you are enjoying a childlike wonder that's akin to your true inner spirit this holiday season!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Amen to that and merry Christmas Dave.

Posted 5 Years Ago


If only we could remain innocent and experience Christmas through the lens of a child. Perhaps if we try...

Posted 5 Years Ago


Well done Dave - a great reflective write highlighting the more important aspects of the season - nice one my friend ... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very nice, I wish I could have celebrated Christmas but Christmas was banned in North Korea where I grew up.

Posted 5 Years Ago


A lovely tribute to all the innocents

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is magical Dave. Beautiful felt and so true.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2018
Last Updated on November 14, 2018

Author

Dave
Dave

Bridgewater, NJ



About
David B. Pincus I am a retired teacher. I have taught in grades 5th-8th in New Jersey. I am married and have two grown daughters and four grandsons. I enjoy playing tennis and traveling. With m.. more..

Writing
Strange Visitor Strange Visitor

A Story by Dave


Cabin on the Lake Cabin on the Lake

A Story by Dave


Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Dave



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..