Chapter 4 - Happiness & Truth

Chapter 4 - Happiness & Truth

A Chapter by Mirror

                               "You cannot have both happiness and the truth."
         Wise words. Deep words. You can find them all over the world to be true. That being said; I disagree.
         A man can only be accepted and choosed by a woman. That is why a man will never get the "girl". What differs from woman and girl? What makes a man a man and not a boy?
         Truth. What is truth? What means being true? I believe it is the union of words and actions. We all fancy words. We use them to speak our mind. To state our principles. To show our morals. With actions we confirm them.
         But is it always easy? One mistep, one false road and it all crumbles. What we said has no meaning. Who we showed we are, has no value. Our character becomes that of thin air, something fragile. Is it fair that everything can fall with one mistake or one simple choice?
         It is not just, but choices show the difference of a man and a boy, of a woman and a girl. We try and struggle to have a mental age superior to our body but most of times it is just a conviction we want to impose to our thoughts. Truth be told, it is not our problems or past that shows our inner age, but our strength. Our strength and willpower to confirm our words with actions.
        I am not without a heart. I know how difficult that is, damn me if I know. I have passion. I have greed. I have lust.
        Without no, what value has our yes? I am not sure. I cannot understand. But even though I do not have an answer, I have a feeling. A true calling that imposes me in choosing the right-by-my-words path. Do I have to thank my blood? My education? The star under which I was born? No one knows. Few appreciate. Even fewer embrace.
         Without a fierce willpower one cannot be man or a woman. A total control of all sentiments and all sins a human has. If you possess a willpower like that all by yourself, you have truth. And if by some chance you find an intimate person by your side who has it, you have happiness. Just like that you can have both happiness and the truth.


© 2016 Mirror


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Do I have to thank my blood? My education? The star under which I was born? No one knows.
My favorite line of this piece.

I liked how it came full circle in the writing. From not having, to having happiness and truth.

A true control of all sentiments and sins. I like that line as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Do I have to thank my blood? My education? The star under which I was born? No one knows.
My favorite line of this piece.

I liked how it came full circle in the writing. From not having, to having happiness and truth.

A true control of all sentiments and sins. I like that line as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2016
Last Updated on August 25, 2016


Author

Mirror
Mirror

Pescara, Pescara, Italy



About
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things." -Oscar Wilde Most of my words may not be beautiful but they will truly reflect the beauty I have seen and perceived during my everyday life. I .. more..

Writing
Secret room Secret room

A Story by Mirror


The Valkyries The Valkyries

A Story by Mirror