Tales Of A Drunken Cabin Boy Entry #5

Tales Of A Drunken Cabin Boy Entry #5

A Chapter by Matthew Hipps
"

9-14-15

"
Written to- I Just Don't Think Ill get over you by Colin Hay
 
  I enjoy seeing couples, affection is something many of us are afraid to walk into. The point of life is to love as much as you can. They say the two emotions life revolves around are fear and love, that makes life sound a bit lonely eh? 
Monogamy is something of a blessing, a significant other to help you achieve and comfort the demons that guard the stairway. 
Today monogamy is foolish. Everyone wants to use primal urges for everything, maybe it is because I am so young,  but I just feel unless you are a character in a Nicholas Sparks book, a downfall awaits due to mindless temptations and wants. 
People who begin to feel tiresome of the relationship they are in need to realize, its not "boring." It is the fact that the two have gone to become one hundred and one percent comfortable and have read the past that was brought before them. Appreciate the "boring" love, the love of waking up next to something more than a pillow and sheet. Love where morning coffee is quiet, and the eyes lifted from the newspaper still say "I love you." The feeling you get when you go a day without them....is terrifying, but together once more you are subtle, its beyond crazy.
So I say to you all, go home and give whoever it is you love, whether it be a boy, girl, dog, give em a hug. Let them know you love them, and sleep sweetly. If you have yet to witness these feelings, hold on, its coming.
Until next time,
                        Your Cabin Boy


© 2015 Matthew Hipps


Author's Note

Matthew Hipps
Cheers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on September 14, 2015
Tags: Journalism, Monologue


Author

Matthew Hipps
Matthew Hipps

Drinking with Rob Gordon, TX



About
Eighteen year old Journalism/creator of short stories. Melancholy and nostalgia are my hero's. Writing is strictly based off of emotion brought from music. I will allow you to dance with the skeleton'.. more..

Writing