~Chapter 1~ Cleo

~Chapter 1~ Cleo

A Chapter by MayoCat
"

Let's all have a peaceful and normal wedding-- nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. I guess a wedding between two 15 year olds will never be normal.

"

“Do you, Luke Grant, take Cleo Lankes’ hand in marriage?”

“I do,”

“Do you promise to protect her, guide her, and love her for as long as you live?”

“I do,”

“Will you hold her from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health; from this day forward until death do you part?”

“I will,”

Cleo looked desperately up at Luke, watching his eyes for uncertainty, but instead found a serious shine glimmering. All Cleo wanted was this whole ceremony to be over with. To just go home and fall asleep with no worries on her warm, fluffy bed. Although, the same can not be reciprocated for Luke, as can be Cleo. 

Luke looked from the preacher to Cleo and smiled, tightly squeezing her hands for a brief moment. Cleo mustered the little strength she had and weakly smiled at back. Almost instantaneously though, she brought her head back down, allowing her bangs to cover her eyes in shame. They were getting married and yet her mind was thinking of someone else. Cleo looked into the small crowd, compacted of Luke’s family, Cleo’s family, and a few friends from school that shared a relationship with both “almost-to-be newlyweds”. Alex not there and most likely not even coming. When Cleo had told him about the wedding he flipped out and kept his distance from her and Luke. Everything was fine before… well… the marriage. All three were the bestest of friends; a bond unbreakable. But then the marriage ripped Alex apart and shattered any trust left in him of Cleo. Or at least, this is what Cleo thinks. 

The broken girl looked at Luke’s chest and thought, This isn’t fair. I shouldn’t be forced to marry anyone, let alone choose between two of my bestest friends! 

The preacher looked from Luke to Cleo and said, “Do you, Cleo Lankes, take Luke Grant’s hand in marriage?”

“Um… I do,” 

“Do you promsie to protect him, guide him, and love him for as long as you live?”

“I… do,”

“Will you hold him from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health; from this day forward until death do you part?”

“I… I,” Cleo hesitated.

What are you waiting for? Say yes! Don’t you want this? Isn’t this why you choose him over Alex? The evil part, Sanka, said.

I never choose anyone over anyone! The choice was already made for me!

Uh-hun, yeah.

Don’t listen to her Cleo, just think about it. Do you really love Luke? Or Alex? You can always change your mind. It’s never too late. The nicer part, Lily, said. 

She doesn’t have time to think! Sanka argued.

Yes she does! Stop pressuring her! Lily argued back.

No!

Yes!

Sanka and Lily fought, arguing which way was the better one. While they were doing this Cleo decided it was time to tell everyone the truth.

“What are you waiting for!?” Luke harshly whispered in her ear. 

She gulped twice and then started to say, “I d-,” but only to be interrupted by the harsh opening of the churches large front doors. People muttered among themselves, their whispers full of confusion and anger. After a while all the eyes in the room turned to the doors and locked onto the guy who was standing there with his hands on his knees, bent over while panting and swearing heavily. 

“Stop the ceremony,” shouted the culprit who slammed the doors wide open. “I refuse to accept this!” he added.

Cleo gasped. “A-Alex!”



© 2014 MayoCat


Author's Note

MayoCat
Ignore the punctuation problems, I've never been good at punctuation. -_- I found this disaster in a heap of old stories and thought I'd bring it back to life. I mean it was bad, very bad. Don't know when, why, or where in the country I wrote this but I was obviously not up to date with how to write good stories. So I hope this isn't too bad and I'm sorry if it is! ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You deserve an award for the best introduction ever--in the history of the English language.

Your story as well looks promising--hope to see future updates.



Posted 10 Years Ago


MayoCat

10 Years Ago

Thanks :) You have no idea how much I laughed when I read this. :D lol I usually update on Wednesday.. read more
Germany Rose

10 Years Ago

I would love that ^^/ Keep me posted!
MayoCat

10 Years Ago

Ok I will :)
I love the two evil and good people. It's good to see what several other people in the story think about the story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2014


Author

MayoCat
MayoCat

Berea, KY



About
Heyy! I'm kinda bad at these but i'll try my best! Here's some basic info about me: *I AM REALLY BAD AT UPDATING I AM SORRY* Some of my favorite things are: -Music -Cats -Anime -M.. more..

Writing
Sapphire Ice Sapphire Ice

A Story by MayoCat


:One: :One:

A Chapter by MayoCat