Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Dalton McGee
"

Chapter two in the book where .30 is introduced.

"

Chapter Two

  Thomas knew where Chavez was going but before he even thought about going somewhere else Thomas went into town and stopped at the True Value, he was low on so he bought four boxes of buckshot and a five pack of slugs. When he got back in his truck he took his sawed off shotgun and loaded a buckshot into the barrel of the pump shotgun. He then loaded a drum clip with the rest of the shells. Thomas now had a drum loaded with thirty shells ready yo be shot at anyone who stood in his way. Thomas spent the rest of the night driving his truck around Russellville.

  I never quite got why people would kill one another, or at least without a reason. They said there were two more dead people up on top of Cherry Hill Mountain just laying dead on side of the road like they was shot when someone was going by. Identified as Johnny and Jimmy Bleaker brothers tried to make a drug deal with the driver but de didn't want nothing to do with it. The autopsy said they was shot right between the eyes with a .30-.30 right between the eyes. For now we don't even have one lead, it just start to eat at you when you have no leads.

Chavez had been all around Haleyville in and out of the two pawn shops there. He was hunting for a new shotgun to buy with the four thousand and forty three dollars he got from the Ford and the men. He salvaged his old shotgun he killed Manny and Andy with. It was beat up, the stock was cracked, the pump stuck and only worked half the time, the lifter was lucky yo even get the shells out of the magazine, and he had bought a two hundred drum that always fell out of it. He found a Mossberg 835 pump action 12-gauge for two hundred fifty dollars. When he got back to his hotel room he sawed the barrel off and oiled up the gun. It was god to have a gun that actually work for a change. He loaded up the drum and pumped one into the barrel, he was now on guard in his room.

Thomas wasn't worried about Chavez he had a track on that truck and he used his GPA to see his movements. He figured by now someone else was following Chavez someone who had no soul someone ruthless, the .30-.30 Bandit.

Old .30 pulled up to the little hotel Chavez was staying at. Chavez knew he was there Chavez opened the window and started firing at .30 but .30 took cover behind a car, Chavez was on the second floor walk way trying to climb over the railing when he was shot in the thigh. Chavez fell from the railing on a 99, Chevy pick up. He shattered through the front glass and was laying in the seat .30 knew it wasn't enough to kill Chavez that is why .30 kept walking toward the truck.

Chavez looked through his left eye at the ignition because his right eye had a profusely bleeding gas above it. The keys were in the ignition so he reached over with his right hand to crank the truck just as .30 shot out the back tires. Chavez knew he wasn't going far on account that this was a rear wheel drive truck. Chavez Cranked the truck anyway and put it in reverse. .30 went running and jumped into the bed of the truck as Chavez backed into the 98, Empala behind him. .30 fell out of the bed of the truck onto the Empala shattering the windshield. Chavez started to drive away as .30 shot at him. .30 wasn't letting Chavez get away. .30 rolled over into the car and hot wired it something he had done many time. .30 controlled the whee; with his left knee because he had to use both hands to shoot the gun. .30 shot a round at Chavez and it graizes his arm .30 levered out the casing and shot again this time hitting Chavez right in the ball and socket join on Chavez's shoulder.

Chavez started swerving all over the road he hopped over the guard rail and the Chevy rolled down the hill into a creek. .30 knew Chavez wasn't dead so he sighted the gas tank on the up side down Chevy and blasted it, an explosion proceeded.



© 2009 Dalton McGee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have no advice, except..keep writing. I enjoyed this...being from the south, I really liked how I could "hear" the accent as I read. Good work very talented.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 22, 2009


Author

Dalton McGee
Dalton McGee

Russellville, AL



Writing