I'm from Brockton and I find it pretty ironic...

I'm from Brockton and I find it pretty ironic...

A Chapter by Mcnurphy
"

A little bit about me...

"

Life's pretty interesting... I was born and raised in Brockton Mass, a pretty s****y and sketchy city to be raised in. Lots of scum bags, lots of d*********s and lots of ways to get into trouble.To put simply it's a run down ghetto that produces a lot of negativity and it has a pretty bad wrap. It's ironic that any one could come out of that type of environment with any morals or any type of ethical behavior. For being raised in a s**t hole city that's pretty much a survival of the fittest, don't trust any one environment  and is one of the most narrow minded places I've ever experienced, good people still exist there.

 

Some get out, others stay stuck, and some completely get consumed in the Brockton scumbag way of life and do nothing with their lives. To be honest its so relieving to get out, it was like a breathe of fresh air, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. When I made the decision to move to Orlando Florida it was one of the best decisions of my life. I've met and made lots of good friends and I've followed my passion. In my opinion the best thing about living here over all is the quality of living and the southern hospitality. People are actually friendly here, they say hi when you walk down the street, they help you when your on the side of the road with a flat.

 

I guess where I am getting at is that I'm super grateful to be where I am today, to have the life I have, and to have grown up in that sketchy city and turn out to be the person I am today. It goes to show it's not where you're from it's where your at and what you do with your life that counts. Don't let any one bring you down, don't let where your from hold you back. Get out! Experience what life has to offer, have ambition, be persistent, and take risks. " When one door shuts, two doors open." Seize the opportunity and do something great with your life. Follow your dreams and make s**t happen!



© 2012 Mcnurphy


Author's Note

Mcnurphy
Ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the substance and message? Do you agree or disagree? Productive criticism is always welcome and appreciated, I'm a novice looking to learn from my mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 27, 2012
Tags: Life, Optimism, Brockton


Author

Mcnurphy
Mcnurphy

Orlando, FL



About
I'm 22 years young, a humanitarian, and write to express myself. I consider myself as a novice but aim to get better! I struggle with proper grammar at times but I write from the heart and get my poin.. more..

Writing
Cheating Cheating

A Chapter by Mcnurphy