Remember back when the RuneScape chose to add micro-tranactions

Remember back when the RuneScape chose to add micro-tranactions

A Story by Megaomgchen
"

More RS gold on https://www.rsgoldfast.com/

"
Remember back when the RuneScape chose to add micro-tranactions and then everybody quit? The partnership program is a new scheme Jagex is attempting to introduce that enables gamers to devote real time money to obtain cosmetics in-game.

Jagex considers these ventures with third-parties will be an incentive for new players to combine OSRS. An example of that is the partnership Jagex had Twitch, players that purchased Twitch Prime were offered a free month of RuneScape membership as well as the choice to change their skin colour. The choice to change your skin color to purple was later added into the game for free, this exact same principal is the assumption for Jagex's suggested ventures. Jagex has said a lot of times during their blog article that"we won't add any MTX to Old School RuneScape" since they"know that doing this would totally contradict the spirit of what has made Old School a victory "

Just just how does Jagex not recognize that locking articles, whether it be cosmetic or not, behind a timed pay-wall does not come under the category of a micro-transaction? Especially considering members who pay to perform the entire game can't get this exclusive content unless they fork out more cash, or wait an undisclosed amount of time. Being decorative items they do not directly affect the gameplay of this game, but this isn't the point, players that are currently paying to play the game should not be required to invest more money to get content they're technically already paying .

Fans and players have taken to share their concerns, read here. The silver lining of this is that Old School RuneScape nevertheless has its polling system, meaning that these'partnerships' can't be introduced into the game before at least 75 percent of this community agrees to execute them.

The intention is to bring new players to the sport, but players are worried that new bargains could prove a gateway to microtransactions.Jagex ran polls on each of the planned venture options, but these polls have come to an early close. "You came to vote in your thousands, and the voting so far has sent a very clear message and therefore, we have made the decision to finish the poll early," the programmers say in a fresh upgrade. "The results were one-sided the outcome of the poll could not change."

© 2019 Megaomgchen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on November 7, 2019
Last Updated on November 7, 2019
Tags: rsgoldfast