Being designated the Legal Ruling Master? Of an entire island

Being designated the Legal Ruling Master? Of an entire island

A Story by Megaomgchen
"

Being designated the Legal Ruling Master? Of an entire island

"
Being designated the Legal Ruling Master? Of an entire island has been Animal Crossing Items too much. Unexpectedly, the island's aesthetic was my job. Where before, a wonky copse of trees or a poorly-placed route was exactly how life was, today it is really my job to fix it. And not just fix it, but make it pristine. To be an attraction.

And I really don't need that. I would like a cute little home and a daily routine, using a group of fun neighbours (and maybe one or two who are jerks, but hey, that is life). It got too complex.

I don't think that is too odd. Lots of people enjoy mundanity in their matches, seem at Euro Truck Simulator or just how many people like to RP regular jobs in a variety of games.

If I'm remembering correctly the whole original goal Animal Crossing was to recreate the feeling of moving into a brand-new town irl. Not everyone likes you and you are going to feel somewhat alone, but you gradually make your home simpler, you get to know people, and you really begin to love the place you are living in, faults and all.

I distinctly remember in the GC version of Animal Crossing I'd one NPC who I actually liked (a rooster who had a great deal of contemporary furniture). I spoke to him every day in-game, he even employed a catchphrase I proposed. I could not stop him, he had his life to live like a lot of people that you meet irl. As I've gotten older I have also came to understand how true to life that's. Sometimes people just need to proceed.

Something I wish they'd add is, instead of animals just not going away ever in the event that you befriend them, they would stay in touch after they leave. Sending you email about what they're up to, maybe with postcards and presents and stuff. Hell, they might even return afterwards and buy Animal Crossing New Horizons Bells proceed back in. The component that stings when creatures move out is they're effectively dead; you rarely if ever hear from them ever again. I recall one of my older villagers at NL showing up in the downtown region again while visitjng, but that is about it.

© 2020 Megaomgchen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Added on October 16, 2020
Last Updated on October 16, 2020