White Rose

White Rose

A Chapter by Rose
"

Chapter one! Enjoy! Also, I apologize for the short chapters!

"

I have heard tales of evil that lurks in the deepest of shadows; ones waiting for someone to be foolish enough to listen to their bribes. I’ve heard of many different versions of demons, but I never expected them to be-


The front door slams shut as I see my father enter. Mom and my little brother, Spyro, come running to greet him. As I stand, I listen to their conversation. “I am back and I have a special girl’s birthday present!” My dad’s eyes gleam brightly as he speaks. My mother takes the box and puts it on a nearby table. “Aha! She is going to love this! You didn’t tell her what we got her, right Spy?” My mom laughs as my brother, who she calls Spy due to the fact he is very sneaky, shakes his head and giggles profusely. As I approach the table, I pause, thinking I hear something upstairs. “Dad, what was that?” I ask as I walk towards the stairs. My dad just shakes his head and beckons me back to the table. “I didn’t hear anything, but it might be the cat.” My dad and my mom take my hands in theirs and place them on the box. I look at their joy-filled faces and can't help but smile. I pry open the box to find something that is so beautiful, I can't believe it is real. A beautiful silver necklace shaped like angel wings rests in my palms. I turn it over a few times in my hands, admiring its beauty. I hold it close to my heart and smile warmly. "This is so beautiful! Where did you find such a thing?" My mom, dad, and brother pull me into a tight hug and my dad whispers something in my ear. "Where we got it does not matter, but you should go show it to Elaina!" I burst out of the hug and run over to the door. "Yes! Elaina will love this!" Elaina is my best friend, and we have been friends for as long as I can remember. I look back at my smiling parents and brother, grateful to have such an amazing family. Filled with emotion, I run back and pull them into a warm hug.


    My long, white hair flutters in the frigid winds as I walk down the sidewalk. When I am a few houses away from Elaina's, she bursts out the front door and starts running towards me. "Phoebe!" She nearly barrels me over as she pulls me into a warm hug. “Happy birthday!" She jumps up and down as she takes my hand, ready to lead me to her house. "Wait I have something to show you, Elaina!" I take my free hand and dig the necklace from my jacket pocket. Her mouth drops open and I feel a smile creep across my face. "It is beautiful, isn't it?" I ask as she takes it in her hand, turning it over and over again. "It is so stunning! It is as silver as your eyes, too!" She hands it back and smiles warmly. "What metal is that? I don't think it is silver. And where did your dad find such a piece!" As soon as she takes my hand, a loud crash comes from my house. I run towards my house with Elaina a few paces behind. I soon burst through the front door.


    I can't breathe, I can't cry, I just stand there in shock. I watch as a pool of blood grows larger around my dad. A small, white rose protrudes upright through what seems to be a knife wound in his chest. I take a few, slow steps and collapse into the blood pool at my dad's side. Who did this but more importantly why? My dad would never do anything wrong, right? Elaina's breath is hard and quick as she leans in the doorway. "I- I will go see if your mom and brother are-'' She gets cut off by another loud crash, followed by a few whimpers and then silence. "Mom? Spyro?" I run up the stairs as fast as I can, almost tripping a few times, too. I burst into my brother's room to see him curled against my mom, their faces were frozen with fear. Blood trickles from my mother and brother's throats, and like dad, white roses protrude from their throats. I had always loved roses, but this? I would never be able to stand the sight of roses again. Elaina holds my shoulder, but I don't find it comforting at the moment. "There is a broken window, Phoebe." I slowly get to my feet and let her lead the way to the window. 


    As I enter the room with the broken window, Elaina lets out a sympathetic sigh. "I will go get my mom and dad, Please, be careful." I nod and listen to her leave. I observe the shards of glass littering the floor, but there is nothing. No blood, no cloth, no hair, or any other way to identify the person who did this. I think I hear a crunch of glass, and just before I turn around, I am greeted with hands covering my mouth. I pick up a shard of glass and lodge it deep into the person’s hands, but I am too late. I feel something strike my neck, and I go unconscious.




© 2020 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
Also, I apologize for the short chapters, but I hope you enjoyed it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow well written first chapter,can’t wait to see what happens next.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rose

3 Years Ago

Thank you so very much! ❤️

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on September 24, 2020
Last Updated on September 24, 2020
Tags: demons, soul, funny, sad, action, adventure, mystery, gore


Author

Rose
Rose

WI



About
I have a creative mind and tons of ideas I would love to share! Please bear with me, as my grammar may not be all that good. I am still learning after all! more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Rose


Forever On Forever On

A Story by Rose