Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Miranda

      A night black wolf looked down on the Earth's surface below from his perch on his dark cloud. He was extremely angry with how the planet was being corrupted. He growled at the thought of poachers hunting wolves that looked extremely similar to him. The dark blue thunderbolt mark on his head began to burn as he started to use its power. The clouds he stood on began to rumble as lightning struck the Earth below. He didn't care where it hit the surface or that it frightened all who stood in its path. He willed the rain to pour down so it would make his lightning stronger. The cloud did as he commanded. He watched as the all the life forms began to scatter and hide in their shelter.

     'Cowards' he thought. 'They fear only the things that they cannot tame or control'.

     He watched as the sea below him began to stir. The waves thrashed wildly in response to the storm, fling sailboats like toys in a bathtub. He watched as a beautiful she-wolf began to emerge, her light blue diamond shaped power mark glowing as the sea did as she commanded. She was invisible to the people on the planet. She walked gracefully up to him.

     "What has stirred you, Stormbird?" she asked gently her beautiful light blue eyes searching his.

     Stormbird stared at his mate taking in her posture and concerned expression. "Just the usual," he growled. "Every day more people are hunting wolves..... Just for sport. It's not even just wolves. They're hunting other animals. They're even hunting themselves!" he sighed and let his storm die down a bit.

     "I do understand how you fell," she nudged him affectionately. "But that's the way life is. Humans over power ALL creatures. There's nothing we can do about it."

     Stormbird looked away. "Seasong, there must be something we can do." He walked away letting the storm stop completely and the cloud turn white again.

     Seasong sighed. "You are the alpha of this pack. It is up to you to decide what you think is right."

     Stormbird stopped, he avoided her gaze. "Calling on the pack to destroy this planet would solve the problem," he mumbled.

     Seasong pricked her ears. She almost couldn't her Stormbird's remark. "Yes that would solve everything, but you are only looking at it from one perspective, the alpha needs to look at it from many perspectives. You know that destroying a corrupt world will also destroy its corrupt people. But what you don't see is that not all people are corrupt. So not only will you be destroying both good and bad people, but you will also destroy all the animals and plants that have done absolutely nothing wrong." The tan and white she-wolf paused and searched Stormbird’s blank expression. "Another thing to consider is that we don't understand why our Earth wolves are not standing up for themselves, maybe if we spent a little time on the surface then we might understand why the wolves won't fight back."

     Stormbird listened to her intently, letting all of her ideas and opinions sink in. 'Maybe she has a point,' he thought. Stormbird looked down at surface again; he quickly located the rest of his pack. 'It is time we paid a visit to our Earth brothers and sisters'. Stormbird threw up his head and howled. Stormbird's howl sang through the sky piercing the atmosphere and reaching the stars and moon. The rest of his pack slowly made their way towards him. A gust of wind blew strongly down on the surface, his howl silent to the surface dwellers.



© 2013 Miranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013


Author

Miranda
Miranda

N/A, MI



About
My name is Miranda and I live in Michigan. I am a young author though I have no published works, I am working to get my first novel edited and sent off to the publishers. I write mostly fantasy and u.. more..

Writing
Pikachu Pikachu

A Story by Miranda