Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Miranda

     Stormbird and his group crashed through the undergrowth. They had heard Shadowfire and Frostbite's howl and were on their way to aid them. 'No Earth wolf will mess with my pack,' he thought. When he caught the scent of Shadowfire and his group in the distance, Stormbird slowed his pace and motioned Starlight and Soulseeker to do the same. The two she-wolves could tell by reading and imitating Stormbird's body movements that he was planning on a sneak attack. The group inched their way along the undergrowth, their movements but a whisper to the raging battle that was happening only a few feet from where they hid. Stormbird positioned his group so that their scent could not be carried to their unaware enemies.

     "What are we waiting for?" Starlight whispered into Stormbird's ear.

     "I am waiting for the perfect moment to strike," Stormbird answered. "I am searching for a weakness in how they fight; a flaw in their battle tactics that we could use to our advantage.”

     "Do you see one?" Starlight asked curiously.

     "Yes, it appears that they do not fight with a strategy. The males are obviously stronger than their females. The males are able to us their brute strength, while the females fight in pairs. That is their weakness! A divided pack. A divided pack will never see victory in any battle. They will lose all their females if they are not careful," Stormbird explained.

     With that, he charged into battle. Stormbird sank his teeth into a large male that had Sunstar pinned. With a great effort, Stormbird flung him off. The male snarled and lunged at him. Stormbird quickly dodged and swung around to bite him on the flank. The male yowled with pain and clamped his jaws on Stormbird's hind leg. He painfully twisted himself around and bit down on his snout to cut off his air way. At first, the male only tightened his grip, but the longer Stormbird hung on the more the wolf stood suffocating. The male eventually passed out from lack of oxygen. Stormbird shook his leg free the male's grip then jumped out of the way a charging she-wolf.

     The she wolf spun around and snarled at him. "Why are you running away from me? Afraid of a little she-wolf now are you?"

     She leapt onto Stormbird's back and sank her teeth into his neck before he could respond. Stormbird flung her off easily and snapped at her leg, breaking it instantly. He watched her hobble away. Stormbird looked around to see if anyone in his pack needed help. He hadn't noticed that Seasong had arrived with her group. Aurora and Eclipse stayed close to Soulseeker ready to help her when she needed it. 'Where's Seasong?' he thought and looked around franticly. He spotted her on the far end of the clearing; she was pinned down by a massive male wolf. He was about twice the size of Stormbird himself. Anger surged through Stormbird's body and he bounded over to aid his mate. Several wolves had tried to stop him, but Stormbird bolted right past him. He threw himself into the massive wolf causing the wolf to stagger. His weight being lifted from Seasong's body.

     Stormbird bent over his mate. "Are you okay?" he asked.

     Seasong didn't answer; she merely laid there gasping for air. Stormbird licked her affectionately.

     "Awww, how sweet. The little wolf has come to aid his pathetic mate." A voice boomed from behind him.

     Stormbird spun around and stood face to face with the massive wolf. "Leave her alone," he snarled.

     "Or what? You’re going to nip me with your puppy teeth," the male wolf teased.

     "I can assure you that am more than just a mere pup and I guarantee that I am way more powerful than a million big brutes like you put together!"  Stormbird threatened. The truth was every bit behind his words.

     The male wolf laughed. "What a joke! Fine. You think you can beat me? Well, then how about we put it to a bet. If I win I get to drag away all your females except for the old one-"

     "And if I win," Stormbird interrupted. "You will have to submit to me and my pack and you will kindly allow us safe passage out of our territory."

     "Deal" the male said without hesitation.

     Stormbird faced his enemy with no signs of fear. Earth wolves were far weaker than Elemental ones. He was sure that he would win the battle in a matter of minutes. Stormbird had sensed that the atmosphere around him had changed. He knew that this was because the Elemental wolves were using the energy of their elements to aid them in battle. The Higher Being had not forbid the wolves from doing that. With every bite from the wolves, the wrath of their elements can be felt in the wounds of their enemies. Example, whenever Shadowfire bites into another wolf and is able to draw blood. Not only can that wolf feel the usual pain of a bite wound but now the wolf can also feel the burn of Shadowfire's element. This was what Stormbird was planning on doing to the male wolf. With every bite from Stormbird the male will feel like he is being struck by lightning.

     The 2 alphas eyed each other wearily. A wild look was in the alpha male's eyes. He snarled at Stormbird and his hackles were raised. Stormbird remained calm, his posture was relaxed and his teeth weren't even barred. The male wolf lunged at Stormbird who dodged him easily and sank his teeth into the male wolf's tail. The male wolf howled in pain, Stormbird let him go. Holding on to him too long would electrocute him to death. The male wolf stumbled away. He was in too much shock to fight any longer. Stormbird turned and found that the fight had stopped; every wolf was staring at him.

     "Be gone wolf pack! We have won this battle!" Stormbird ordered.

     The pack scattered. Only Stormbird and his pack stood in the clearing. They howled their victory to the setting sun.


© 2013 Miranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013


Author

Miranda
Miranda

N/A, MI



About
My name is Miranda and I live in Michigan. I am a young author though I have no published works, I am working to get my first novel edited and sent off to the publishers. I write mostly fantasy and u.. more..

Writing
Pikachu Pikachu

A Story by Miranda