No One Thinks Twice

No One Thinks Twice

A Chapter by Mirjana Ilic

          A man is able to talk to a girl, and kiss her without her permission. He allowed to stroke her waist and whisper sweet nothings into her ears as they stand in the middle of a crowded room. He thinks about what she might be feeling for a second, but his pride pushes it to the back of his mind. No one thinks twice about the way his eyes glimmer as he looks at her streak less skin, and the shy smile she hides behind her fear of criticism.
          The girl submits herself to this pressure. She doesn't kiss him back, or take his hand and lead it to where she really wants to be touched. She fights to deny herself the pleasure of being free for even a moment, and doing what she feels like doing. She worries about the other souls, and their insignificantly narrow minds, in the room while the person slowly tugging at the lust she's forcibly buried down could care less.
          They dance a silent, almost motionless‚, dance, with emotions spiraling and their unannounced thoughts colliding. They consider what the people around them might be thinking as they make their way out of the room.


© 2015 Mirjana Ilic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 24, 2015
Tags: chapter, fiction, book, love, lust, dance, society, culture


Author

Mirjana Ilic
Mirjana Ilic

Bela Crkva, Serbia



About
I wanted to make movies until I realized it's a lot cheaper to write. more..

Writing