Finding out the secret (1)

Finding out the secret (1)

A Chapter by MissMushyy
"

I found out I had a few errors so i changed it.

"

It was just like any other ordinary Tuesday. The same routine I've had for the past four years, get up, get dressed, have breakfast and get a education at the local secondary that had been nicknamed 'The prison' for the amount of rules that it has.

When me and Lucy finally got into the prison from the 30 minute long bus ride we had to do every single day. Something seemed different, way different. None of the teachers was asking the same old questions "Where's your tie?" or "Where's your jumper?" This didn't feel right as in the prison the teachers was never kind, they would always moan about how us kids are today and why we had no interest in the ancient stuff that they had to learn back when they was our age.

First and second lesson flew by as me and Lucy decided that it would be fun to get sent to the workroom again but instead go down to the field that way we would never get a detention and our parents wouldn't be informed that we had "misbehaved".

At break Lucy and I was wandering around the corridors as we normally did every break. We were passing the math's office when we caught onto a conversation that would have never happened on a ordinary day.

"I can't believe that this is going to happen," Mrs. Barnes mumbled trying hard not to alert anyone to the conversation. Mrs. Barnes was the Math's teacher that non-one liked except a handful of teachers.

"Well it's going to happen, so I suggest that you get out of here fast if you don't want to be caught up in the crossfire," Mr. Hale replied sinisterly. Mr. Hale was the new head of Religious Education teacher that forced Christianity onto us school kids.

His voice changed from sorrow to more annoyance "It will happen today at lunch in the cafe, apparently those rat bag kids will wish that they had never came into school today."

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard coming our way. I stopped, my heart pounding with fear, So much that I could no longer feel my legs and normal breathing was as if it was a whole new skill that I had to master. While I just stood there emotionless, Lucy took off down the stairs as the bell sounded for third lesson, it echoed through the small narrow corridors that seemed like the M25 at rush hour when we had to get to a lesson. Of course I knew where she was going, to French of course to tell as many kids as she could about what was happening.

Then the face of Mr. Hale appeared into my eye sight, His face made him look around 25 but we all knew that he was about 50. That was because he had rosy red chubby cheeks and small hazel eyes. Though today his face was all screwed up as if he wanted to eat me right there on the spot.

"Well, Well, Poppy Hudson, You’re the one of the two I've heard that likes to get gets sent to the workroom but never turns up, Where do you go then?, Where is your partner in crime? Although on a more recent topic, how much of the conversation between me and Mrs. Barnes did you just hear?" He said in annoyance, waiting for a fast answer. Though my heart felt as if it was going to leap out of my chest and onto Mr. Hale's face but my body was somehow making breathing a simplier task to achieve, I said nothing.

"I'll ask you again, how much of that conversation did you just hear?" This time he was almost shouting the question with that came the spit that had come from a mouth that had seen more nicotine than toothpaste in the past 20 years. This time I was able to say something.

"A..a..all of it," I mumbled but only too quiet for only myself to hear.

"Right Poppy, Seen as though you’re not going to talk to me at this moment in time, I think you should spend some time in my office." Mr. Hale said swiftly in a calmer manner. By that time everyone was in third lesson so I wasn't going to be humiliated by Hale dragging me into his office that was on the complete opposite side of the campus.

Suddenly, I felt Mr. Hale's cold, sweaty hand grasp my small stud-pierced ear and start to drag me down the stairs and in the direction of his office. While I was dragged to his office, I had a feeling that all of the other kids was peering out of  the window trying to see who was getting the punishment this time, as I wasn't the first one.  All I could keep thinking was "at least it isn't the middle of break" but I knew that I was going to be known around the prison by the start of lunch and "Why didn't I run off with Lucy? I should of, and then I would be telling everyone, not being dragged by my ear around campus by Mr. Hale."



© 2011 MissMushyy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011


Author

MissMushyy
MissMushyy

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by MissMushyy


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by MissMushyy


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by MissMushyy