The beginning...

The beginning...

A Chapter by Monika Avalur

       So here I sit on this horse table , staring at the sky,(as there is no roof) and wondering where I am or how did I get here in the first place. As long as I can figure out it's some kind of a stable , may be centuries ago there used be horses living here. I mean it looks like that but I exactly don't know. I am stuck here since a month. Don't know how to get out.

They give me food through that tiny gap (enough for a bowl) . I don't know who are they,but I know it is they, as I can hear the foot steps of more than one person.

Today I was soo freaked out that I asked if they could at least give me something for time pass so that I won't go mad counting the grass or better say hay .They gave me this book and a pen and told me to just shut up.

I thought for a long while what to with these things and finally decided to write a journal.

My name is Senoria Baken. I used to live in the city of Malibu, an affluent beach city in Los Angeles county , California. We had a house facing the shore near to the beaches. I was pretty a normal girl at that time, living a normal life. Malibu was such a wonderful city with beaches, parks and wonderful and most amazing [probably would prefer weird] family and friends. We recently had shifted here and I was heading of to the Malibu high school to pursue my further studies.

June 23,2013:

It was the first day of my high school. As everyone does, I was excited as well as scared to go to the school. New place, new professors, new classmates.. I don't know whether I would be able to fit in the place. How many friends would I make? Would I make friends or no.. Would people welcome me or bully me around. With all these thought I woke up from my bed. As usual I got ready to school and went down for breakfast. I still remember I wore a pink top and blue jeans and highly dressed. My hair was tied up into a pony. I had my own car so transportation wasn't a problem.

I went a bit early that day so as to check my locker and time table. I finally found my locker.I found a girl standing beside my locker. She introduced herself as Alicia. On further talk I found out that she was in my neighborhood.

"So we are neighbors every where!!", she said sarcastically.

I gave her a smile."Which class ?", she asked. I said arts.

"Oh wow!! me too.. Looks like we destined to be together. Friends?", she asked putting her hand forward. I said, "Friends", and shook my hand with her.

"So what are your plans for today after school?", she kept on asking and blabbering through out. I loved her and we became best friends, friends forever.

"Phew !! what a perfect start ", I thought in mind as we proceeded to the cafeteria in lunch. There i saw a girl, sitting all alone in a corner staring outside the window. I told Alicia that we would go and sit with her. She agreed.

"Can we sit here?", Alicia initiated the talk.

She said yes. As her usual habit Alicia went on blabbering. "Hi I am Alicia and she is Senoria. What's your name?", she asked the girl.

"Vanessa", was her reply and she started staring through the window again.

"Are you alright? You can share anything with us.", I asked her looking at her eyes. Tears were at the edge of her eyes. She looked at us and started crying. She told us that she had lost her mother a week ago due to some strange disease. She was very close to her mom. On further talking we found out that she was also in our class, but didn't attend the class.She lived in a street next to ours and had also shifted recently. She was a very calm and quite girl. She became a part of us and we became three !!! 

It was pretty much of a normal day. I went home straight after college.

"Mom, I am very hungry. Could I get something to eat?", I shouted from the hall way. MY mom was a model and a designer.She loved designing her own clothes and showing it up. She used to run a boutique in the downtown.Her name is Isobella Baken. She the most adorable mother. Even with her busy schedules she spent a lot of time with us.

"Yes Honey ", she replied.

I went up to my bed and sat near the window staring at the road and the people moving here and their with their busy schedules, when my mom came in.She came and sat beside me. 

"How was the day honey ? Found new friends?", she asked. I told her about Alicia and Vanessa.And then we spoke for sometime regarding my career and what i wanted to do in my life.

"Okay honey, you take rest for sometime", she told me and stood up.

"Mom, when are dad and bro coming", i asked.

She looked at me with hesitation and said, "Probably tomorrow", and she left. 

My dad, Edward Baken was a guitarist and a pop star. He used to move around giving shows. My elder brother (Peter) also joined him later. Now both of them give concerts together and are always on move, yet they make sure that, they come home at least twice a month. At present they are in California giving their concert.

I also have an elder sister, Jennifer.  She is an athlete and a swimmer. She used to do it as a hobby, but now she took it as a profession. She keeps participating in many competitions and she also keeps moving.

I was very tired that day. New day at school,new people, new professors everyone asking me from where I came and when I told them about my family, they became more interested in me.It was like I was the only one in my family , who wasn't special. But that was not the day my family treated me though.



© 2016 Monika Avalur


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on September 11, 2016
Last Updated on September 13, 2016


Author

Monika Avalur
Monika Avalur

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
I love reading and writing. It has always been my passion. Since i finished my graduation i would live to take up my passion. I already published few poems in allpoetry.com/Monika_Avalur.. I enter .. more..

Writing