unluck of the irish

unluck of the irish

A Chapter by Nick

As soon as Jack couldn’t see Tony any more he placed his hand on his hat and ran behind the restaurant; he jumped over a metal fence. Jack ran down the sidewalk and took a left followed by a right turn on Jacobson Street. The thick smell of pavement and pollution thickened as a gust of wind blew Jack’s jacket backwards creating resistance. As soon as the wind stopped Jack started off again he turned a quick corner and entered an alleyway followed it straight till he hit the side door of a night club he kicked open the door and leaped over a desk. He ducked as a hulking bouncer tried to clothes line him. Jack ran past him jumped through a window; he rolled as he hit the floor using his momentum to get back on his feet he sprinted across the street and through another alleyway. He crossed the street and ran left turned a corner and nearly plowed over an old lady. Jack spun out of the way just in time. He continued sprinting but stopped he looked to his left and entered a convenience store. He found 2 cans of the new energy drink “blasterd” he had always wanted to try them but they had been sold out for weeks. As this was the fist energy drink said to give your more energy then a cup of Joe. And here he purchased the last two in the store as he left the man behind him booed jack slipped one in his Jacket and drank the other one there on the spot. The can was only 16 ounces so Jack finished it quickly the apple cider colored liquid ran past his lips and down his throat. Jack started sprinting as soon as he finished he ran down the sidewalk and reached the end where he crossed the street nearly getting run over in the process where he reached his destination the double rainbow. Jack peered into the parking lot behind the bar. He smiled no Pontiac GTO in site. He put on his black tinted sunglasses, entered the bar, sat down at a table, and simply waited.

Tony entered the parking lot of the double rainbow and parked and locked his car. He walked around the corner of the building and as he walked passed the window stopped. He turned to his left to see a smug Jack Smith waving in the window. Tony walked in the front door and sat down next to Jack.

            “How the hell…….” Tony started to speak but Jack interrupted him

            “I know this city like the back of my hand; all the shortcuts the alleyways that kind of stuff.” Jack said smiling at Tony

            “Ok you got me there, however I still have one question.” Tony started “What’s with the ridiculous shades?” Tony started to laugh

            “Would you rather have them identify me?” Jack said

            “What do you mean” Tony asked puzzled

            “These guys are moving in on our turf there expecting us in fact that guy in the tan dusters been looking at me since I came in. I’d prefer them not to see my eyes.” Jack said.

            Tony didn’t look but used the reflection in the window to see a man in a tan duster watching the two while sipping a coke. To his left was a bald man in a dark red suit, with a fully automatic machine pistol in a holster concealed within his jacket the Sg9 series a small pistol shaped gun with a large ammo clip.

            “Only one armed guard….to simple” Tony said his face becoming serious

            “Most of them went through that door behind baldy while you were…….Stuck in traffic.” Jack laughed. “I’m not even sure he’s Irish”

            “So now the question is how do we get through there, it’s obviously a trap.” Jack said

            Tony smiled “I’ve got a grenade.

“You’re serious?” Jack asked laughing

“Hell yeah never leave home without one” Tony said “that and a knife anyway”

“Well lets come up with a plan first.”

“I’m thinking I kill the bald guy when that’s don’t we open the door toss the grenade and go in when it’s done” Jack said

“And if they’ve got machine guns? What if they turn you to Swiss cheese before you throw the grenade” Tony countered.

“What would you have me do then” Jack asked

“Why don’t we climb on the roof and drop the grenade down the chimney”

“Chimney?”

“Yeah the one on top of the building you missed it obviously doesn’t lead to this room, and this building isn’t big enough for more then two rooms”

“That could work one of us could take out the guard the other drops the grenade then we both head in from here.”

“Ok ill go get ready fire your gun through the roof when you’re ready for the grenade.” Tony said getting up

“Got it” Jack got up as Tony left.

He walked over to the bar next to the guard, who stood just right of the door

            “Excuse me do you know where Park Avenue is?” Jack asked now turned towards the guard.

            “Get-“ but before he could finish he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen Jack now standing next to the guard stepped back from the man in pain, a bloody Stiletto in his hand. The man looked at his bleeding stomach his tan duster had been stained a dark scarlet. The pool of blood created an odd squiggly circle on his jacket. The man fell to his knees. He reached for his Sg9 and pulled it from his holster, but before he could aim Jack punted the man in the face with his right leg. The guard fell backwards, his stomach still bleeding. Jack walked over and picked up the man’s Sg9.

            “This could come in handy.” Jack said pulling out his gold colored Springfield Armory National Match pistol. The Roman numerals XIV were engraved on the right side of the barrel. Jack pointed up a way from the back room and fired. The bullet shot straight up creating a whole in the sealing the bartender and the people inside had already left ran away shortly after Jack kicked the guard. Jack began walking towards the door no sooner did he turn left outside the front door did the explosion in the back room send the door flying three feet into the air in pieces. Jack walked back inside as smoke poured out of the room next to the bar. As the smoke cleared Jack walked into the room bodies of Irish men lying about everywhere machine guns in each hand but no Jimmy The Fat. Tony entered through another door.

“We get him?” Tony asked

“Doesn’t look like it” Jack said grinding his teeth

“Damn it!” Jack yelled

Just then Jack turned and saw a face looking through the window it was jimmy the fat! Time stopped they just kind of looked at each other for a second then Jimmy ran

“Get him!” Tony yelled running out the back door with Jack soon behind him. They entered an ally way that led to a narrow entrance to a lot with a garage. At the opening a wall of bricks on either side of the opening with an arc in front of that. Jack and Tony took cover on both sides. Tony poked his head out and quickly withdrew his head behind cover as Jimmy and two guards opened fire. Lead flew past their heads and ripped through the door behind them.

“You’ll never get me alive Sweepers!” Jimmy yelled firing a MG 42 Machine gun towards the two.

“That sounds like a cliché” Jack said smiling smugly.

“Two on either side and one fat guy in the middle” Tony said as Sg9 rounds whizzed past them.

“You get the guy on my side I’ll get the guy on yours” Jack said

Tony and Jack both leaned out and raised arms Jack with his new Sg9 and Tony with his magnum revolver. Jack unloaded led into the left guard but not before being grazed by a bullet from the right. Shortly after, Tony shot the Right guard with his magnum knocking him over. Jack recoiled holding his arm in pain.

“Son of a b***h!” Jack yelled MG42 rounds still flying through the air.

“You alright?” Tony said

“Yeah just a cut, but he ripped my favorite jacket!” Jack put his Sg9 down and put his pistol away.

“I got an Idea I’m going to climb onto the roof, but I need a lift!” Jack said loudly Suddenly the shooting stopped. Jack and Tony stopped to looked past the brick, but just as they glanced out the ammo started flying again.

“He’s low on ammo he’s only going to shoot at us if he sees us.” Tony said

“Cover me” Jack said pulling out his pistol.

Tony started shooting past as Jack ran over to his side. Just as Jack makes it to the side Jimmy begins firing again. Jack pulled his jacket off and pulled a throwing knife from a holster on the back of his waist. The Knife was silver and flat about five inches in length with a three inch blade.

“If you gimme a boost onto the top of this arc I might be able to surprise him.”

“You want me……to risk my life…..so you can give him a scratch?” Tony whispered

“Just give me a lift!” Jack said speaking quietly

Tony cupped his hands and put them at waist height. Jack put his right foot on Tony’s hands and pushed off as Tony lifted up allowing Jack to reach the top of the wall they were hiding behind. Jack used his feet to push off the wall and climb up. There was a small divot between the arc and the wall Jack climbed in there and hid.

Tony pointed his head past the wall Jimmy was hiding behind a car, machine gun pointed upwards.

“Hey Jimmy I bet I know why they call you the fat!

Jimmy rose from his car and began firing at the wall Tony ducked back in. Jack lifted himself from the divot and pulled another knife from his holster.

“Suck it.” Jack said hurling the knife at jimmy.

The knife hits jimmy in the right shoulder causing him to stop firing and pulled the three inches of pain from his shoulder. Jack jumps off the arc and lands on Jimmy Jabbing him in the Stomach with the second knife. Jimmy falls backwards with Jack on top and a knife his gut. The pain radiates throughout his entire body. Tony walks out from the alleyway. Jack stands up pulling the knife out as he gets up. Jimmy begins to speak bleeding out as he does. He grabs Jacks shoes.

“Ji-Jimmy The Fat….is more then a nickname…..its my-“ Jimmy gasps for air

“It’s my….actual name. Changed it years ago.”

Jimmy stopped talking, his eyes went blank, and his grip on jacks shoe loosened.

“Luck of the Irish my a*s.” Tony says spitting on Jimmy’s chest. Jack walks over to the garage and opens it up.

“What are you doing the cops are gonna be here any minute!” Tony said pointing to the car

“Jim was a gun runner.” Jack said searching the garage.

“So?” Tony yelled “lets go!”

Jack kicked over a box of sticks

“Got it Jack said walking out with a Metal briefcase.”

“What the hell is it?” Tony asked Sirens in the background.

“Ill explain later lets go!” Jack said running past Tony back to the car.

Jack and Tony sped out of there faster then an Antelope running from a lion. The police investigated the bar to the best of there ability and with a little “Persuasion” from Leo the case was buried under different open cases.



© 2010 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010


Author

Nick
Nick

Cleveland, OH



Writing
The Game The Game

A Book by Nick


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nick