Chapter 6. The Team Takes The Initiative

Chapter 6. The Team Takes The Initiative

A Chapter by Nick

After I hung up the phone with Mr.0, Jackneye showed me they way out of the basement we were in. As we walked up the stairs I couldn’t help but think about the mess I was in. strangely I wasn’t worried but I wasn’t excited either I….I didn’t feel any different then when I had left Cleveland. Yet at the same time I could do nothing more but think about how I was to go about taking down one of the most underground games in the world; with a large bounty on my head at that. It was settled if I was to do this I was going to need all the help I can get. When we reached the top of the stairs Byrne handed me his card with his number and a bulletproof vest with a wire underneath it.

            “This is a top of the line earpiece. No wires, fits in the ear, and allows me to keep in contact with you at all times. DO NOT, lose it. Understand?”

            “Yeah got it.” I said. I pretended to drop it and Byrne gave me a “what’s wrong with you” look.

            “Were going to drop you off at your hotel is that ok?” Byrne asked

            “No. I got a better place in mind.” I answered

CHANGE OF VIEWPOINT TO THAT OF JACK BASS

 

            “WHERE THE HELL IS THAT SON OF A B***H” Brett yelled at the top of his lungs.  Were back at the hotel and its been  almost an entire day since Nick told us to meet at the hotel and with only three days before we have to head home every one is getting kinda pissed off.

            “This isn’t good he should have been here long time ago. “ I said 

            “You think I should call him?” Matt said holding up his phone.

            “I already tried his phones off.” Brett said

I sat and thought for a moment. Think Jack! Think! I got it.

            “heres what were gonna do” I said looking at Brett and Matt “Brett go down to the lobby and ask the people at the front desk if they’ve seen Nick. Matt I want you to get in contact with your “underground” internet friends and see if you can’t get any info on what happened to him.”

            “What are you gonna do?” Matt asked

            “I’m gonna call my PMC friends and see if he can’t get any information from his informants.” I said pulling my phone from my pocket matt turned around in his swivel chair and started typing on his computer. Brett ran out the door down the hallway.  So I started dialing my friends number. He picked up a minute later.

            “hey Jack! Whats up bro?”

            “Hey Marco I need a favor.”  I pleaded

            “What is it? Jack is everything ok? “

            “no everything is not ok  Marco I need you to check your contacts in New York City anything about a Nick Marreck ok?”

            There was a pause on the phone

            “y-yeah I can do that. What’s going on Jack?”

            “I’ll tell you later Marco now’s not the time” I hung up on him so he’d get to work.

At this time Brett came up from the lobby and bust the door open.

            “The lady at the front door says Nick never checked in to the hotel after breakfast.” 

            “Oh S**t……..”Matt said standing up at the desk”

“What is it?” Brett asked

“Guys you need to see this. This is bad”

We walked over to the desk where matt had paused a video he rewound the video.

            “A friend of mine found this online. it was taken from a phone cam.” He said as he clicked the play button” what I saw changed the way I thought about things for the rest of this trip. It was unbelievable. What we saw was our good friend Nick on the ground behind a table bleeding with a hole where his heart should have been. Byrne was peeking up from the table with his gun and as the camera zoomed in on Nick I saw something strange. I swore, I thought I saw Nick smirk that smug smile of his as the video came to an end. 

            “Oh S**t is right.” Brett said holding is hand to his mouth.

            “Is he dead?” I asked hoping it wasn’t true

            “I don’t know My friends trying to get in touch with the guy who uploaded it” Matt said. I rubbed my chin.

            “All right until we here otherwise we act on the Idea that he is alive.” I said looking at Brett and Matt. At that moment my phone started vibrating.

            “Hello?” I picked up

            “Hey Jack Its me Marco. I’ve got one of my informants here says he’s got some info for us how soon can you get to the Rockbell Café?”

            “We’ll be there in ten minutes and Marco, keep this between us, understand?” I said

            “Yeah see ya there.” He hung up

            Get your gear. Marco has some info were gonna meet him at the Rockbell Café.” I said grabbing My jacket off the hook. We raced out the door. 



© 2011 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww snap it looks like it's about to be a bit intense! I like the change of views, Jack seems to be one who can think quickly on his feet and thats always a good thing to have. I like at the beginning when he pretended to drop the card. It made me laugh, the guy is such a smart a*s...But dang, this is the end so far! Need more chapters Asap!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011


Author

Nick
Nick

Cleveland, OH



Writing
The Game The Game

A Book by Nick


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nick