Fifty Million Tonnes:Prologue

Fifty Million Tonnes:Prologue

A Chapter by MrRobato
"

A young boy's realisation as he is sent to work in places he barely knew existed.

"

Prologue

Click.

Click.

Clang.

Sebastion stumbled and dropped the clock onto the floor as his master impatiently analysed his assistant's every move. He slowly reached his hand towards the card and pushed it into the slot and the clock dismantled itself all over the floor.

His master sighed and swaggered out of the room, giving off the general "I know exactly what you're doing wrong but I won't help because I enjoy watching you struggle" vibe. This amplified Seb's annoyance immensely. Not only did 3 weeks work go to waste but his master had to sneer at him.

The hardship was not his alone to bear though. His father, his grandfather and all 577 Sebastion Fiddles that had ever lived in Slunk all had held his burden before. Like them all, he craved to break free of the chain that bound him. The thing is, it would be a long time before Sebastion Fiddle ever was removed from the chain.



© 2013 MrRobato


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on July 27, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013
Tags: Fifty, million, tonnes, 50, science fiction, scifi, sci-fi, MrRobato


Author

MrRobato
MrRobato

Leeds, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm 15 and love writing short stories. Only recently did I discover how much I enjoy reading after reading Wool by Hugh Howey. It's one of my favourite books alongside the traveller by John Twelve.. more..

Writing