A New Way of Living for a Young Exile

A New Way of Living for a Young Exile

A Chapter by Mundayk

The Birth of Lost Past:

Prologue: A New Way of Living for a Young Exile...

                

Location:

Galaxy: Southern Galaxy

Solar System: Triocarnia

Planet: Trinity Moons

Year: 4314 �" 0315 �" 1956

 

“They’ll repeat history; we mustn’t allow them to live”

“They’re a danger to us all, why do we even need to vote?”

“Babies, there babies and they’ve already killed what we all could not”

 

“But they saved us all from Dakota”

“Our laws stats that a heroic act provides an exemption from punishment”

“They’re clearly not like the other three”

“We should give them the chance to grow and prove themselves"

 

“Than the vote is final, we will not execute them however I do believe that a repeat may occur. So as chairman of the High council I will bind the children’s powers and they will undertake the trial to determine physical and mental control at a later date”.

 

"Much later, if you value your life chairman..."

 

    “I don’t think they’re coming, they only got a few more minutes before the pod is scheduled to launch” said a voice in the distance, “Cronus, you certainly didn’t leave much time for goodbyes” he said opening the pod for him “I was beginning to think you weren’t coming,” said another voice laughing “I know, they didn’t leave much time to get from one child to the other let alone all three; Cyndel will be furious I chose Patricia over our blessed son Patrick” he said grinning as he quickly placed a small black box in the storage container “you are both a blessing and a curse, my puppy, remember our way of thanks as you will no doubt receive such appreciation from all…”

 

‘I remember everything as though it t’was only yesterday; looking up at my father with his smile as he pressed the button to send me away, to forget the shame of conceiving a polluted child. I remember his words as though they burned my very soul and will forever haunt my existence... remember our way of thanks... I’m no fool… thanks tis not your showing. Looking back now I remember crying the entire way, I was confused, I didn’t understand what I did wrong and no matter how hard I thought of a reason, I never could think of one and I believed I never will. I remember feeling sick as the ship entered the atmosphere and the gravitational force from the crash landing…  sorry I meant successful landing, hmph, onto the planet, the planet I t’would now call home with all my heart and soul…’ (Patricia’s thoughts)

 

 

Location:

Galaxy: Western Galaxy

Solar System: Piratre Critoe

Planet: Chagrin

Year: 4314 �" 0315 �" 1956

  

‘The problem with my memory is no matter how hard I try, I will never forget how afraid I was when I laid there in what was left of my ship, of who or what was waiting for me, the thoughts of being prey and dying before I could achieve my ultimate strength I knew would come soon enough. I tried really hard to keep my thoughts to a minimum, nothing attracts trouble faster than stray thoughts and I didn’t want that to happen before I could even walk. I also didn't want to know, I didn’t want to see what horrors await me, I may be naive by birth but I understood what father meant when he said I would receive such appreciation from all… if my people did not thank me, then the chances a complete stranger would is like expecting the stars to actually fall from the sky. My ship was ruined, not even the most advanced of species could use even the parts as scrap metal let alone salvage for technological purposes… they always did that, built the exile ships as one-way flights, the capsule would remain intact but the remainder of the ship would not again be flyable… for the purposes of protecting our technology from those who would use it against us… that's why they appoint only the worthy with the task of building our technology, doesn’t matter that all Sreha are born with the knowledge to build it… any who do so without permission from the Priestess or Jurai are servely punished which basically means their executed, which is pretty much the only punishment outside of exile that our people have, so if a already exiled Sreha breaks their laws there's only one fate awaiting them… I’m certain that no exiled Sreha… willing or otherwise wouldn’t adhere to such a law…such a "request" from our almighty council would never be broken. The animals were gathering around me, one by one, group by group they gathered and they were… singing, oh I knew I loved paroled souls, they really do try their hardest to get back a human body. I knew what awaited me here, it tis the fate of all exile’s… and one as… hated by the Council as I am would easily fall prey to it… I knew someone would find me, the council don't just send you anywhere... they choose planets with life and I hope that no amount of hatred for what I am, would have them mistakenly input the wrong co-ordinates… but no fool would believe that their choice would be a welcomed one. It's amazing how much doubt I felt as the hours went by, even with the animals telling me that human life was present, I still doubted... I tried to stay positive but eventually lost what little faith remained and just closed my eyes, I thought if I slept maybe I'll awake to find this was all a dream and father would hold me in his arms and sing to me over and over til the sun rose… I awoke to hear the very loud voices of an argument, I remember thinking this was the perfect end to my suffering, they'll no doubt drown me in the nearest lake and I can come back to a family who really loves me, not some fake comforting Cronus often gave me… when Cyndel wasn’t watching, how much love could one have if he allowed his psycho wife throw a newborn baby in a dirty clothes basket because people came to visit...’ (Patricia’s thoughts)

 

    “All I ask is when I return home from a hard days work is there’s dinner on the table, but noo... I had to get a woman that doesn’t know how to cook or even fetched the food; all the animals are in their homes right now, EATING!” Yelled a man’s voice, “please forgive me dear but raising a 2 year old and maintaining a household is not easy, I just lost track of time” a woman pleaded “don’t give me excuses woman…” yelled the man stopping when he came across the ship, “what’s that?” said the woman sounding very confused “it’s a ship, stupid woman, now go and call the Missionary, he must have been thrown of course. Quickly woman he could be injured!” the man yelled while trying to see if there is any form of movement. “But that doesn’t look like one of our ships” said the woman looking at the what remained of the ship, “I said go, woman!” the man shouted knocking her to the ground with a slap; the woman quickly ran in the western direction which would most likely be towards their home, the man approached the ship to view inside the ship however upon touching the debris of the capsule it opened on its own accord “what… a baby?” he said looking so shocked that he looked as though he’d faint, he looked across to find a storage container "this must be someone's escape pod, poor kid I wonder if there's anything in this to help find her parents..." the man opened the storage container to find a Digi Carndo (Digital Letter) and a sealed box “what’s this?” he said holding up the Digi Carndo confused, he activated the letter by messing around with a few buttons to hear a woman’s voice “Nan  Rangu?” (Translation: what language) “What the...?” he said looking at the screen “Mada serifu iriyuuyou?” (Translation: more words needed) “Must be a universal translator, cute" he said leaning over to check out the box "language identified: Chagrin, translation transfer complete, beginning recorded message:

 

    Greetings, I am Mage Serenity Moon of the Sreha. Our planet’s council has indicated that this Sreha has broken one of our sacred law’s and has been charged with exile from our lands until specified from the Sreha High Council, upon the Council’s approval a messenger will appear for the Sreha; should the messenger appear your services towards the tending of this Sreha will no longer be required and you will return the Sreha without question or delay of any kind. I will inform you this Sreha poses no threat to you or any other from your society and if given the chance could be a valuable asset to you. Please guide this Sreha to a path of your way of living and provide for her as though she was your own, we have provided our Shoutevog to remind the Sreha of our god’s harmony and blessings, may the god’s watch over us all... Now displaying child’s information, please wait…

 

Name: Patricia Sky

Date of Birth: 03 October 4314 �"0315 �" 1956

Parents: Cyndel Grace & Cronus Trinity

Eye Colour: Sapphire Blue

Hair Colour: Crimson Red

 

 

An Hour Later...

 

    “Hello, I’m Warren from Missionary Response; this is Preston, my assistant. I’ve been informed by your wife that you’ve located a ship” Warren said climbing  halfway down the crater before falling the remainder of the way, "desk junkie" Joseph said under his breath, Warren got up unembarrassed by his clumsiness and started to shake Joseph's hand "Joseph correct?" Warren said with a girly grip, Joseph couldn't keep the frown from his face but quickly hid it before answering “right hello, nice to meet you, I found this ship which contains a baby girl named ah… Patricia, I think it’s pronounced” he said looking at the young baby lying inside the pod “She isn’t a Chappuchin; how do you know her?” Warren said looking at the pod “I don’t, she came with this universal translated message and this shout... ahh whatever they called this thing, but I’m not sure what it is” he said giving him the Shoutevog. Warren played the message and when finished rubbed his head like he had a headache then with a croaky voice said “I’ve... ah... never heard of this race before... I shall need to consult the General regarding this matter” Warren turned his attention to the Shoutevog, “hmm… ah yes well… any race that charges a baby with criminal offences doesn’t deserve to be known! Do they?” he said sounding rather odd “well it’s their loss isn’t it young one, yeah you’ll become our savour and be given only the best thing money can buy” Preston said picking up Patricia “so Preston, what do you think that black cylinder device is?” Warren asked Preston not really caring about the answer putting all his attention on Patricia who he noticed had an odd shape birthmark on her lower backside “ah, it could be something to help remind the child of her races beliefs or even history however it could also be a device designed of destruction; our best course of action is to give it to the scientists and allow them to learn of its purpose” Preston said looking at the Shoutevog “now that’s a textbook answer, guess I know where you got all your marks from. We’ll take the device to the lab for analysis, now I’m going to need your contact details for the report and any other further contact should we require it” Warren said handing the man a pen and paper “oh ahh... standard procedure, right?” Joseph said taking the pen and paper from Warren said looking at the baby playing with her feet

 

Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Nomel

34 Deaf Fall Street

Primera Sector - Tress Rainforest

 

    “Of course, thank you… ah... Joseph; we'll be in contact later" Warren said shaking Joseph’s hand, grabbing Patricia and then flying southerly towards the laboratory. Upon reaching the laboratory they noticed a man was waiting for them, “Lieutenant Warren Drover; I’m General Quin Maginnis of planetary military forces, We spoke on the phone last week about your recent report on the attempted assassination of the Royal family and what is that?” General Maginnis said stopping when the baby cried “we received a call from Mr. and Mrs. Nomel saying they came across a crashed ship within the Tress Rainforest however the ship wasn’t one of ours” Warren said beginning to walk inside “I’ve got no record of any foreigners landing this month” General Maginnis said not sounding to pleased about this “yes, well crashed generally means unplanned landings, she came with a message from her species stating that Patricia has been exiled based on and I quote ‘breaking one of their sacred laws’; can you believe that?” Warren said laughing however General Maginnis did not  think that was funny “Lieutenant, this unidentified foreigner, baby or not could be a danger to our society and should be dealt with as such” General Maginnis all but yelled almost stamping his feet as he followed into the laboratory “I understand the procedure of dealing with unidentified species General however this baby is... special, she came with a recorded message and a very advanced device which is nothing like we've ever seen before and to conclude General Maginnis my clearance exceeds yours on behalf of foreign affairs; your job is more offence then defence, this matter is both my expertise and my life sir” Warren stated in a firm but somewhat loud voice. “I won’t allow this to continue, we’ll just see what the King thinks about this” General Maginnis yelled all but running out of the laboratory, “I think someone wants to, he stole my cookie, don't you Preston?" Warren said making funny faces at Patricia laughing “ah, yes sir, it is obvious he is unhappy with your services in protecting the royal family when he was completely unaware" Preston agreed, looking over his shoulder like he was worried someone might overhear him “however, we should at least consider his request, General Maginnis has personally encountered hostile species with similar appearance and origins, he may be correct in his assumptions” Rookie Preston said trying to keep Warren from making a mistake which will damage his career and sound supportive as to not ruin his “I know Maginnis has power with the king however I’ve got just as much after being directly responsible for saving Prince Xander from Trion, the scumbag, attacking a baby, how cowardly; besides King Xanderick always takes risks when a possibility like this comes along” Warren said entering a door to the left which required a card and 6 digit password. Warren took Patricia to a room about 5 doors down; he gave the baby to a scientist named Dr. Erica. Drover and he signed a book. Shortly after Warren handed another Scientist the Shoutevog “Dr. Hix, take this device and have it analysed I want to know what it does before I allow the child to play with it” Warren said handing Dr. Hix the Shoutevog, “Dr. Styne, the rookie Preston will show you where the ship crashed inside Tress Rainforest; I need you to have that wreckage transferred to the lab for analysis and Erica darling can you get the young one something to eat, she’s probably hungry” Warren said tickling Patricia tummy “Warren I may be a woman but that doesn't mean I know how to raise a baby!” Erica said holding the baby as far away as possible “relax she’s a good little baby aren’t you” Warren said in a dumb childish voice.

 

     No more than an hour past when General Maginnis returned with King Xanderick to complain like a spoiled child, “Welcome your Excellence (Royal Greeting �" King) how may I be of assistance?” Warren said trying to sound all pleasant and confident “General Maginnis has informed me that you’ve discovered an unidentified species, what are your current findings on this matter?” King Xanderick asked sounding very interested and egger to learn of a whole new race “well, we’ve only just begun the analysis however from what my scientist have discovered  so far; from the advanced looking lettering system which was found with the child, she apparently committed some sort of crime and has been exiled as punishment, the child was given what they call ‘a Shoutevog’ which Dr. Hix has analysed as having no known dangerous chemicals and were going to test the device in the test room shortly, I’m sure you would be as interested as I am to learn of this device, after all the child is Sreha...” Warren said rasing his hand in the direction of the testing lab “SREHA!? Really!? This is quite the find! Let's go to the testing room, it could be useful for us, and it will also give Maginnis a chance to observe how missionaries learn of a 'new' species and a historic event as well” King Xanderick said in a sarcastic tone, Xanderick, Warren, Dr. Hix and General Maginnis headed for the testing laboratory and entered a blast-proof viewing dome, Dr. Hix placed the Shoutevog on the only table in the room and prepares to activate the device on command, “alright Dr. Activate it...” Warren said with some excitement in his voice. Dr. Hix hesitantly pressed the button to turn the device on and the Shoutevog than began to play… music (Phil Collins �" You’ll be in my heart) “Hey! A Stereo, now that’s something I didn't expect; it’s not a bad beat either” King Xanderick said laughing. “Your Excellence, it is possible this is nothing but a trick from the KNOWN hostile race to allow the enemy to ignore this child who could be a fully trained weapon, do we not do similar acts with our lowly Primera's?” General Maginnis said not too pleased with the king’s response to laugh during a dangerous situation like this “Quin you act as if you’re scared of this baby, its people like you that caused the mapping of the galaxies and species to take over 25,000 years! Show some backbone, I can't have a coward for a General!” King Xanderick said no longer amused by Maginnis's attitude towards the finding of a lifetime “I still believe we should continue analysing the child before assuming her intensions of being here, and never let her out of our sights for even a second!” General ~Maginnis said trying to convince everyone this is in the best interest of the planet and not just his own fears “your Excellence, this is not a rat you find in an alleyway, she’s a living being, with feelings, you can’t experiment on her and throw her in a hole as though her life means nothing” Warren said not to pleased that Maginnis could even suggested such a thing. “Unfortunately I’ll have to agree with Quin on some parts Warren, I won't permit her being thrown in a hole but every 4 months bring her in and run an analysis so we can learn everything we can about this race, included weaknesses Warren, don't forget weaknesses; Find a home for her outside of this laboratory because as you said Warren, she’s not a rat and its easier to learn from someone willing, and the offer of comfort would help keep her that way” King Xanderick said not sounding too pleased he has to resort to such things, but when your desperate, your desperate. Warren was not happy by that decision but he had no choice but to obey his orders and began taking a sample of Patricia’s blood and X-rays to record the location of her organs, bones etc. he also tested her reflexes and eye sight and by the time he had finished it was just after sunrise and he decided to call Joseph to request if he wanted to adopt Patricia in exchange for payment, which of course one of HIS type wouldn't refuse, the wife seemed maternal enough to give Patricia a good life, or as good as any rat's life could get.

 

 

Year: 5th October 4314 �" 0315 �" 1960

 

           Life was good for Patricia, for the most part, Savannah treated her like her own and Cera her new sister loved her more than anything, she always played with Patricia, helped her when she needed it and took care of her when she came back from the lab, gave her support and was just there...Joseph was never there, so another plus and Savannah had another baby boy named Terrence, he was so adorable, and when Joseph wasn't there Savannah would let Patricia hold him and even feed him a few times, children to Sreha's were like puppies, its hard to not love them and spoil them rotten! Joseph didn't have to work as hard as he did with Patricia's weekly payments and even a yearly lump payment which he received tax and obligation free, still he spent all his time at work coming home only to be the b*****d he is, always ignoring the daughters and only showing any form of love, if he even knew of the word to his son who luckily was the gender needed to get anywhere in the pathetic excuse of a planet. Occasionally Joseph would be gone for days on end, in which time his neighbour Willy would come over and take his place as a male role model, beating and raping Savannah until she did whatever she was told, she often tried to tell Joseph but he didn't care in the least, woman had only one purpose and as William had none it was within his right to take from another’s. Of course not even Joseph could've foreseen the event that took place one rainy Saturday night, Joseph return a week later to learn of it all from the police who picked him up from the launch bay for ships coming and going from missions and other tasks off world, to inform him of everything that happened, right down to his neighbour Willy who although retired, possessed the advanced combat training and had close to 2 decades of experience fighting losing to Patricia who was barely4years old and had absolutely no training at all, Willy was still on the loose and he suggested they remain in the Griffon Hotel however he refused, going to the hotel to find Patricia hiding beneath a nearby car outside the hotel, he instantly saw what was happening and left Patricia in her hiding place, after all she fought him off once, she can do it again, he ran into the room the detective said his family was in to check on Terrence, all we're none the wiser at how close Patricia came to death and returned home as though nothing had happened, Savannah tried on several occasions to comfort Patricia but because Joseph didn't see any signs of William or anything for that matter he believed she was just a scared little brat who had a nightmare and wrote off everything.

         

          After Joseph dropped Savannah, Cera and Terrance off home he told them he was taking Patricia for a drive and to not wait up for him, Patricia quickly realized where they were going and began to chuck a tantrum “I DON’T WANNA GO, I WON’T BE BAD ANYMORE I PROMISE” Patricia cried begging to Joseph “hey, HEY! Be quiet” Joseph yelled trying to shut her up “NO, NO MORE!” Patricia screamed punching Joseph and jumping out of the car to try and get away but before she could even a few steps Joseph caught her and forcefully dragged her to the front seat of the car and shoved the belt on her, he then did what he'd never done before, he spoke as though he cared "Patricia your not going inside okay? I just need you to stay here for a few minutes while I fix a few things up, then we're going to go to the hairdressers and see if we can't do something about that hair of yours, hmm, and we might even stop by and get you some contacts, make you look just like us, normal, free from ever being treated different, now be a good girl and wait here" he said, giving her a kiss on the head and walking over to the lab which he used a window to get in from. A few hours past before Joseph finally left the laboratory and just like nothing happened drove away as the alarm went off and smoke began to come out of the doors and windows; he then stopped at the Brizzler Styler and he payed to dye Patricia’s hair black, he wanted to cut Patricia's hair in hopes to hide her better but Patricia insisted otherwise... they left the salon and went to the all night shopping centre to buy Patricia a new dress and contacts, he also spoiled her by buying some rainbow lens sunglasses and he dropped her off out the front as if he didn’t just spend time with only her "I'm leaving for my mission now Patricia, I want you to tell your mother and your sister that when I return I'll have a surprise for them... something that they will never forget... and I want you to listen very closely now Patricia... remember what happened when people knew who you were, what you were... your hair, your eyes... they aren't like everyone else’s... never let anyone else know what you are... it's our little secret..." Joseph said and he drove off.

 

 Next: Child's Play



© 2012 Mundayk


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012


Author

Mundayk
Mundayk

Penrith, Australia



About
Hobby: Writing, Dancing & Computers Location: NSW Australia Relationship: Complicated I like to paragraph whatever I write, that way it doesn't look to clustered, which I know from experience.. more..

Writing
My Wild Rose My Wild Rose

A Poem by Mundayk


Child's Play Child's Play

A Chapter by Mundayk