Dutiful Beings

Dutiful Beings

A Poem by Mjr. Tom
"

I was watching the stars the other night and was thinking if anybody else appreciated the stars like I do haha.

"

The wonders in the sky

In the darkness, silently they lie

Surveying the evermost

Lands surrounding them,Lost

In their beauty

Giving heat and life, their evermost duty

 

I glance at them, night

After night

Awestruck in their beauty

Feeling this evermost duty

To respect These ominous, caring

Beings, whom give us light and bearing

 

Who on this planet is like I

Who cares about each star that dies

Who watches in wonder of the stars

That live in the abyss so afar

I sit in awe at the beauty

Of the beings who always do their duty.

© 2009 Mjr. Tom


Author's Note

Mjr. Tom
Ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really tranquil and a lovely setting.. I loved the flow and essence.. the thought of thinking under the stars about they're very presence is something I have done. Beauty is surrounding us to be found in those great moments of solitude ..if we truly want to find it. This can be done alone or with another.. romantic setting for two!

For you to write for the stars that die... like all life they have a timeline.. (actually many you see are actually not even there anymore).. the light is shone from light years away...and it takes years to reach earth. Maybe the stars go to the same heaven we reach when we go.. and light the sky in another time or place.. the stars need not die.. it depends on how you chose to approach the thought and what you believe in.

I sit and ponder sometimes which are actually still burning.. and which are just an echo of light that are actually gone. Great balls of gas glowing for some that mean so much more to so many hearts here on earth.. a light thats brighter the darker it gets reminding us that even in the darkest places there can be great light.. they are just glorious and you have a great tribute here!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nick this is retty good bro. First off the writing about pure beauty and essence you find in the stars is simply awesome. I like this write, very touching with great emotion!

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice I really like this one...I love to sit under the stars and ponder...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2009
Last Updated on November 11, 2009

Author

Mjr. Tom
Mjr. Tom

Beaufort, SC



About
I'm Nick, a college student with my head in the clouds and my eyes set on a rose-colored future. I used to write purely from emotion, but now I seek to record the tiny worlds I often dream of day in a.. more..

Writing
Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by Mjr. Tom



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..