Chapter 2: To Dodge or Not To Dodge

Chapter 2: To Dodge or Not To Dodge

A Chapter by Nick
"

P.E. has finaly come and its time to teach that mut a lesson.

"

 

     As I got into the locker room, Mr. Molina walked in.
          “Ok ladies, hurry and get ready. Today is the last game of the year for most of you, so we decided to make it fun.”
     After we got into our usual uniforms, all the guys headed out to the field to meet the girls. Both the girls and the boys P.E. teachers stood at the corner of the field and blew the whistle for us to gather.
          “Ok ladies the game today is dodge ball.”
     We gathered and teams were picked. I could feel the grin coming from the wolf. Luckily both of us were on opposing teams. Right then, what was about to happen I knew was destiny.
          “This is going to be fun!”
     The whistle was blown and what looked like hundreds of red rubber balls flew in all directions from both sides of the field. Dodging the round red orbs wasn’t very hard. Especially since the people who could actually throw I made sure I was away from. I pointed and grinned at the werewolf.
          “This isn’t fare for me it won’t be for you. Your vision blurs and you see two!”
          And to my joy she yelled “You cheater!”
          Watching her shake her head I replied with enthusiasm “That’s what you get for pushing me into the locker!”
     The confused look on her face confused even me. “I didn’t even know it was you! But you know my sight is just one of my senses!”
          “What do you mean… oh no!”
     I could feel the intent to kill emanating from her now as she sped toward me. So, by means of survival I did something I wouldn’t normally do.
          “Sorry” Sorry is all I could say to the boy I pushed in her way to slow her down.
     Sadly it was in vain because she trampled that boy as if he wasn’t even there. The wet grass began to get slippery underneath my P.E. shoes. It gave karma a chance to get me back and I plunged into the ground. I awaited the cold rubber ball to pop on my face from the wolfs immense strength but, nothing came. At that moment I sensed something unfamiliar to me at the other end of the field. It was a different feel, something I wasn’t use to. I turned to look, and at first glance of her very pale skin I knew exactly what she was, a vampire, and a new one. She was different from the few local vampires we have here in Salem. She had power, and it was enough to not only catch my attention, but the mutts to. Both our attention were fixed on her. What was she doing here? My attention reverted back to the wolf as she said with a deep demonic growl.
          “Leach, a new one!”
     As if that wasn’t scary enough I looked back at the vampire and she bore her fangs. And again my attention was back on the werewolf due to the loud pop of the dodge ball that was held in her tight grip. Then I came back to my senses and realized what was happening. I took full advantage of the situation and looked for the nearest dodge ball, nevertheless keeping my attention on her. I lifted my hand to hit her. And her stare shot back to me. Startled, I threw the ball as fast and as hard as I could. The ball met her forehead making her head jerk back.
          “… Buahahaha! You’re out! Hahaha… haha… ha… Oh no.”
     Her head flew forward with a face of hate. She quickly snatched me up by my collar. My only reaction was a low squeak of fear. Never had I been more scared in my life. She threw me back to the ground just as quickly as she had picked me up and pinned my forearms with her knees. She held my shoulder down with one of her hands and with the other hand she started to beat me. The first hit landed on my left eye and the second was aimed for my nose. Shaken by the first hit I tried to anticipate the next but all I could do is move my face for it to miss my nose and land on my cheek. I could feel my jaw pop and teeth make a cracking sound. The taste of iron filled my mouth. Ok now I’m pissed off, she might have broken my teeth. Her fist flew back to land another blow. Feeling a loose tooth in my mouth I used it the only way I could. With my tongue I moved the tooth to the front of my mouth and spit it at her. She gave a face of discuss when she realized what I had done. But my plan had worked and now she was distracted. I inhaled deeply and held it in sending energy into my lungs. When I put all the energy I could without bursting my lungs, I exhaled. The burst of air I had sent at her hurled her about six feet away from me. I took the opportunity to make my escape. I turned on my stomach and began to crawl. The wolf quickly gained her composer and leaped back at me. Again she grabbed my shirt. Lucky for me the boys P.E. teacher ran in my defense and tried to pry the mongrel off of me. The rest of that is a bit of a blur because not only did the hits she planted make me a bit dizzy, but the amount of energy I used in such a short period, exhausted me. As you can tell I’m not very good with controlling my magic. With the exception of defensive and cloaking spells, I am useless in any type of fight. The next thing I remember was being in the office with my aunt, Katherine, and Katherine’s brother Jonathan. The principle walked in and both Katherine and I sighed. Getting scolded for two hours was not the way I wanted to spend my last day. Leaving the school wasn’t easy either, for I couldn’t just leave the broom in the bushes.
          “Umm… Elaine... Ha-ha… ha. Funny thing happened this morning.”
     Scared of how she would react I winced. She put her index finger and thumbs together and whistled. I watched in shock as it flew into her hand. The rune of Dagaz was on it so no one other than my aunt and I could see it.
          “You knew I wasn't sweeping the porch?”
          “Yes of course I did, you can’t hide anything from me.”
          “Sorry” I said apologetically.
     I don’t think she heard me. She appeared really distracted. I guess I really can’t hide anything from her, but then did she know that I had been reading the family Grimoire. The rest of the walk was long and silent. I wondered what was on her mind. But with what just happened at school, I wasn’t going to chance saying the wrong thing and getting yelled at. Finally we had arrived at the house. Elaine walked thru the front door and began to straighten up the kitchen; she acted as if nothing had happened. I started to walk to my room yearning to feel the cold comfortable sheets of my bed.
         “Oh and Kegan?”
          “Yes?”
          “Your uncle is going to be away for about a week on business.”
          “Ok”
          “And I’ll be up in a minute with a tonic that will heal your wounds and it will make you look better to.”
          “Hey that’s not very nice!”
          “You know what I meant!”
     Well apparently she hasn’t lost her sense of humor. I made it to my room and stood in front of the mirror in shock. Aunt Elaine wasn’t kidding, the entire left side of my face was purple and had dry blood.
          “Wow she really did do a number on me.”
     Tired, I took off my shoes and threw myself on the bed. I need some sleep; I think I’ll take a nap. As I drifted off to sleep, my uncle and his job ran thru my mind. He is a tall man with gray and black hair. Looks intimidating, but once you get to know him; you learn that he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He’s a landscaper and has been working on a house in California. I hope nothing goes wrong and that he will finally finish it this time. It gets a little lonely without him. And what about that new vampire? She has no business being here in Salem. I wonder if my aunts’ coven knows that we have visitors.
 
          “Kegan wake up”
          “Huh? Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot about the tonic.” I said half awake.
          “Now prepare yourself, for it not only looks gross, but it tastes gross to. Don’t worry too much though. The tonic will make your bruises go away and mend your teeth back to the way they were.”
     With hesitation I drank the tonic. She was right, it was one of the most fowl things I have ever tasted, but still I drank it, thinking only of the plus side. Gagging, I was barely able to mouth out “thank you” without vomiting. I began to lose consciousness once again.


© 2009 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on May 11, 2009
Last Updated on July 28, 2009


Author

Nick
Nick

Tucson, AZ



About
I'm 18 years old and hoping that people like my writing. I haven't been writing for very long. Actualy my friend Felissa got me into it. Me and some friends have been writing a story together and I'm .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nightmare Chapter 1: Nightmare

A Chapter by Nick