Chapter 3: Shelly

Chapter 3: Shelly

A Chapter by Nick
"

My cousin is in Town and now i'm in another predicament. WHAT THE HELL!!!

"

 

     I awoke a bit groggy and remembered what happened. Hurriedly I got out of bed and rushed to the mirror. To my surprise it worked, even my teeth were fixed down to the one missing tooth.
          “Wow it worked!”
     My laughter soon ended when the clock reflected off the mirror. It's 4 in the afternoon! But that’s around the time Elaine gave me the tonic! Wow, have been asleep for an entire day? I guess my body needed the rest.
          “Kegan!” Elaine yelled from down stairs.
          “Coming!” I replied while having trouble prying myself away from the mirror.  
     As I walked down the stairs I felt another presence other than my aunt. This presents was very familiar to me. I rushed faster down the stairs turning to where the kitchen was and saw someone that I haven’t seen in what felt like forever.
          “Shelly!”
          “Kegan!” we yelled as we greeted each other with a hug.
     Shelly was my cousin from my mothers and aunts side. She was around the same age but that was one of the only things we had in common. She is taller, has blonde curly hair, and a lighter tone of skin.
          “It’s good to see you!”
          “I’m sorry I haven’t been visiting lately. It’s been hard trying to make time for family with my new job.”
     Without even trying I was able to feel the pain emanating from her.
          “Shelly are you ok?” I said with concern looking at my aunt.
     I didn’t notice before but her eyes were a bit swollen, as if she had been crying. I looked again at my aunt and she mouthed “not now”. Shelly cried in my arms for what seemed about 7 whole minutes. After a bit, her crying turned to sobs as she tried to calm herself down.
          “I’ll make some tea!” My aunt broke in.
     We moved to the Dining room left of the kitchen and sat on my aunts’ comfortable gray swayed couches. My aunt brought in the herbal tea and we reminisced about the past. It was nice seeing Shelly again after so long. We practically grew up together. Elaine and Susan used to baby sit us when we were little. Up until Shelly’s parents decided to move to New York. Apparently she moved out of her parent’s house and was living with a new boyfriend, until he kicked her out. A few hours past and we ran out of things to talk about. Finally Shelly broke the silence asking to be excused so she can get settled in. We walked up the stairs and I showed her to the guest room. It was around 7:45 so I decided to go to my room. I threw myself on the bed and picked up a defense and advanced healing spells book. I read for a few minutes on how to heal broken bones and mend torn ligaments. A light knock broke my concentration.
          “Come in.”
          “Hey Kegan.”
          “Hey, what do you need Shell?”
          “Yeah I saw that Elaine fell asleep on the couch. Can you be sure to tell her I’m going to be out if she asks?”
          “Yeah, where are you going?”
          “I’m going to go meditate in the woods.”
          “Um well that’s not far. Ok” I said with a smile.
     Shelly closed the door and I continued to read the book. A few moments past and I skipped to another chapter in the book. Luckily my grandmother had showed me some of the defensive spells in this book before she died. Reflective magic though is something that I had a lot of trouble with. It’s easy to guide another spell away, what’s not easy, is reflecting. You have to build your energy like a extremely dense shell and guiding back a the person. Another difference between the two is the fact that you can reflect objects and peoples force. I got off the bed and was about to practice, until I was interrupted by the sound of climbing on the side of the wall, followed by a fast tapping on my window.
          “What the…”
     I moved the curtains and ignored the irritating screeching sound. The last thing I ever expected was to see the Krystal Taylor at my window. Cautiously I locked the window as she opened her jinormous mouth to speak, which quickly closed when she saw what I had done. She tried to say something but I couldn’t hear her from the other side of the window. She then gestured that she was going break the window. I quickly unlocked and opened it. I took a step back.
          “What do you want?” I spoke with confidence knowing I can now use my magic to its fullest here.
     She pushed herself thru the window and sat on the window sill.
          “I’ll tell you in a bit, just please cloak me, my head is killing me.” She cradled her head in her hands rubbing her temples.
     Not knowing what to do I decided to put my trust in her and pulled her head up by her chin. I then put my thumbs on her forehead and the rest of my fingers entangled in her hair. I concentrated.
          “Let go when I tell you to…”
     She nodded in agreement.
          “Now!”
     I quickly sent my thoughts into her mind. The alpha male of her pack was trying to get in. This was a sacred magik, it was meant only to be used when interrogating the other person. I was now in her mind; I could see images of her past flash on and off. Her memories along with her wants, fears, and family I’m assuming is what they were. Ignoring them I was able to find her mental wall. It was quickly crumbling. With ease I was able to build another. Alpha male or not, no one but another witch is able to break this wall. However, I took full advantage of the situation. Not only did I block her brother but I also made her momentarily forget how to transform. I backed away I saw the look of amazement in her eyes. I crossed my arms and began to question her.
          “Now will you tell me what you want?”
     She then locked eyes with me. “Look, something weird is going on in town, haven’t you felt it?”
          “Um no, what do you mean?”
     Before she could explain her head darted at the door.
          “Are you alone?!”
          “My Aunt!” I whispered loudly.
          “S**t she’s coming up!”
          “Quick out the window.” I said in a low tone.
     She scrambled out the window clinging on to the ledge. I threw myself onto bed trying to act casual. I quickly drew symbols in the air to keep her hidden from Elaine. Oh no I forgot the blinds! I waved my hand meaning to close the blinds but again it didn’t work and instead it opened the window. I cringed at the sound of a loud thud. She began to scream as I assume she landed in our rose bushes. I opened my palm and concentrated, as I closed it I made a shushing sound muting the werewolf’s cries. My aunt barged in trying to catch her breath.
          “Kegan where is Shelly!” she shrieked.
          “What’s wrong?” I said with concern.
          “Answer my question!”
          “She said that she was going to the woods to meditate? What’s happened?”
     Without a word she left the room and hurried to her bedroom. Confused I got out of bed, leaned on the side of her doorway and expected some kind of answer. But no answer came.
          “Stay here just in case Shelly comes back.”
     Normally I wouldn’t panic, but as my aunt left the room I saw she was in her smoke colored robe with wand in hand. The door closed behind her and I was suddenly in a daze. Millions of possibilities running threw my head.
          “Shelly… Are you ok?" I said in a low tone. “Oh! I forgot about Krystal."
     I ran to the open window hoping that my aunt didn’t see her. I looked out and watched Krystal lift herself up to the ledge. She extended her hand for me to help her. I could see her smashed cut up fingers in the moonlight, her ruby red blood glistening. I cringed at the thought of the pain. But was soon dismissed as I noticed the wounds began to heal at an accelerated rate. I was puzzled why she kept moaning and groaning sounding as if she was mute.
          “The curse! Oh sorry ha ha…”
     I put a fist in the air and forced energy into it. A moment past and I released it allowing her to talk.
          “Are you going to help me up or not, the extra weight on my fingers isn’t helping my healing” she snapped
          “Oh sorry.”
     I took her hand and helped her up. She sat on the window sill again.
          “I’m sorry about whoever went missing.”
          “Missing? Who ever said anything about being missing?” I snapped
          “Uh… I only thought maybe. One of my pack members is gone to. I assumed…”
          “One of your pack members is missing?”
          “Yeah that’s what I came here to tell you. Something’s not right in town.” And then she paused. “And I think I know what it is.”
          “What?”
     She stood off the window sill. “Do you remember that vampire we saw at school?”
          “You really think she had something to do with what’s going on?”
          “Yes, think about it, ever since she got here there has been an unbalance. One on one a werewolf would rip a blood sucker apart, but that leech isn’t alone. She has a coven. That’s more than enough to take a wolf down. And you know better than I do, leeches love your witches blood more than anything. Put the pieces together Kegan.”
     Witches blood has a lot more energy than a human does. It’s a lot more filling for the creatures that can feed of it, like vampires. The thing is, we no longer have to worry about that because the vampires are civilized now and have rules against it.
           “Fine we start at the school…”
 
 
           “Kegan… can I borrow some pants?”
           “…no…”
     She gave a low growl.
           “Ok! Ok!!”


© 2009 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 13, 2009
Last Updated on July 28, 2009


Author

Nick
Nick

Tucson, AZ



About
I'm 18 years old and hoping that people like my writing. I haven't been writing for very long. Actualy my friend Felissa got me into it. Me and some friends have been writing a story together and I'm .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nightmare Chapter 1: Nightmare

A Chapter by Nick