Alpha Project 2

Alpha Project 2

A Chapter by NamelessBeast.
"

Alpha Project 2; Awakening.

"

"What the hell do you think you're doing, you piece of s**t?"
Cap stirred groggily from his unconscious state. He was lying on a cold floor, his wrists ached. He must’ve been tied up before he woke up. A voice pulled him out of his ‘sleep’. He’d been drugged, knocked out, and tied up. He felt bruised and beaten; someone must’ve thrown a couple of punches at him while he was asleep, or thrown him into a van like a hunk of useless meat, or a number of other inventive ways he could think of.
“Get up.”  The words were followed by a swift kick to the ribs. He grunted and opened his eyes. His vision swam in and out of focus. He was lying on the floor, the rough wooden planks against his cheek. He was dressed in different clothes to the ones he had left the prison in; these were dark and warm, they stuck to his skin and clung to him. He felt oddly comforted by them. He pushed his palm against the floor and pushed up against the floor. His head swam.
“Oh f**k.” He muttered, feeling his mouth fill with blood. He spat it out and climbed to his feet. He stood still for a second, letting the room swirl around him.
“Oi, Draco, the kid woke up. He’s staggering to his feet and… ew, drooling blood.” Someone called, probably the guy that looked like a caveman on drugs that was sat in the corner; yeah, it was the caveman. He was sat in the far corner, looking at a pack of cards and rubbing his chin. He was wearing the same black clothes as Cap was, but his hair was shaggy and long. He’d grown a beard that reached half way down his chest. All of his hair was bright orange; he was as ginger as they came, freckles and everything. He glanced up at Cap, who stared straight at him, aware that there was blood leaking out of his mouth. “Kid, you’re a mess…”
“I’m aware.” Cap slurred, he wasn’t in full control of his body yet, and the mass of blood in his mouth made it hard to talk. “Where am I?”
“Mountains.” The ginger caveman said, scratching his beard. “Iunno where, so don’t bother asking. We’re isolated.”
“Shut up, Fox.” Draco said, walking in from beyond the edge of Cap’s sight. “Anyway, lad, how are you feeling?”
“Like crap.” Cap muttered, wiping a hand across his mouth. “And I bet I look it.”
Fox, as Draco had called the caveman on drugs, nodded and smiled. Draco grinned and looked at Fox. Fox shrugged and went back to shuffling his cards.
“Not gonna say anything, lad.” Draco smirked. He was relaxed here, it seemed like he had no worries. Cap stepped forwards, wincing as a sharp pain ripped down the back of his leg. He moved the other leg. The pain was lesser than the first.
“What the f**k happened to me?”
“You died.”
“Huh?”
“You were drugged to make it look like you died, you didn’t actually die.” Draco explained, “Obviously you didn’t actually die.”
“You died, fuckface.” Fox muttered bitterly. “You don’t exist anymore. You’re not alive. You’re a ghost, a phantom. You’ve been certified dead. Your family think you’re dead, your friends think you’re dead. You’re dead. What’s the difference between being dead and being us?”
There was a heavy silence in the air. Fox shuffled his cards and dealt them on the table. Draco seemed weary, as though he’d gone through this a million times before. He turned his back to Fox and beckoned Cap over to him.
“Lad,” he said quietly, “I think you need to get cleaned and relaxed, right? You don’t look too pretty.”
“So what?” Cap muttered, “I’m not f*****g eye candy.”
“Never said you were, lad.” Draco laughed. “But we don’t want to have to look at a baby who’s been beat up.”
“Right.” Cap nodded. “Where are the showers?”
“I’ll take you.” Draco sighed, “Fox, dinner’ll be ready soon. Can you tell the others to get their arses in here?”
“I’ll try.” muttered Fox. He was acting like a sulking child since his outburst. Draco seemed to understand this. Cap shook his head slightly, he was confused, hungry and tired and this place was weird and he wanted to go home. Not back to his prison cell, back home to see his jeep and his dog and his mum and his sister.
Draco walked out the room, into a white corridor. This was where he’d entered from a minute ago. He walked silently over the bare wooden boards, Cap felt like an elephant. He really didn’t care though, his legs were causing him pain and so was his head.
“This is the bathroom, lock the door and you’ll be fine.” Draco said, pushing a white door open. “It’s not too big, but it’ll do.”
“Right. I’ll be back… whenever.”
“Ohyeah. Left’s cold, right’s hot.” Draco clapped Cap’s shoulder and walked back the way they came. Cap pushed open the door and walked into the bathroom. It wasn’t big, but it wasn’t small and disgusting like the ones he was used to. And he didn’t have to share the shower with anyone. That was always a bonus; unless there was a hot chick around.
He stripped off his shirt and looked at himself in the mirror above the white porcelain sink. He was filthy; his hair was long and unkempt, his mouth was covered in wet blood and it was smeared across his face. His eyes though, they scared him. His blue eyes that had been compared to the ocean, they looked dead, empty and devoid of life. He couldn’t be the man staring back at him from the mirror.
He quickly undressed and climbed into the shower. He shut his eyes and felt the warm water soothe his muscles. He was aching and in pain and the hot water seemed to take some of that away. It was nice, a nice reminder that he was still alive and breathing. He squeezed his eyes shut and thought of home.



© 2012 NamelessBeast.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh I'm certainly loving these!!! The plot gets more and more exciting as I read it. Eyes like the ocean? How vast his mind can be. :D The beating up and dead-now-ghost-and-yet-still-alive thing looks like the beginning of a far better story. A nice read. Gonna read next chapter...

Posted 11 Years Ago


You gave enough in this chapter. I like the unhappiness of the guards. I like the fake death. A nice ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2012
Last Updated on March 25, 2012


Author

NamelessBeast.
NamelessBeast.

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Ask and you shall know. more..

Writing