Alpha Project 4

Alpha Project 4

A Chapter by NamelessBeast.
"

Alpha Project; Cap's Room.

"

“Cap, bro... Where are you going?” Kiba asked, putting his fork down. “You need to like, talk to me.”
“You’re like a puppy, you know that?” Draco chuckled. “But yeah, Cap, if you want someone to show you around, I was going to ask Kee to do it. He knows where everything is.”
“Thanks, Draco.” Cap nodded, he turned to Kiba, “Where are we going then?”
“How about the, uh... I’ll show you your room and then... What do you like doing?”
Cap shrugged, he wasn’t sure what he liked. Kiba stood up and, plate in hand, walked back to the kitchen. Cap grabbed his now empty plate and followed Kiba, who set his plate down on the side and waited for Cap to do the same. Cap almost dropped his plate and clumsily fumbled to catch it. Kiba grabbed the plate from Cap’s hands before it reached the floor.
“You’re really clumsy.” Kiba laughed.
“Yeah... I really am.”
“Doesn’t matter. I used to be like that. The training’ll get to you soon and you’ll be faster and more accurate and... Well, better.”
Cap nodded. He smiled weakly, not letting his concerns reach his face. They hovered around in his mind. All he knew was that this Alpha project thing, and these people, aimed to make the perfect killer. That scared Cap. The perfect killer; an assassin with no limit to his abilities; a beast of a man who could kill anyone with no regret; that was the monster this place was made to build.
Kiba walked out of another doorway, he knew the way without even looking. Cap followed him automatically, his brain consumed with thoughts and memories that he shouldn’t have been thinking about.
“I like the sky, the night sky, especially when it’s full of stars.” Kiba babbled, drawing Cap out of his thoughts. “It’s beautiful then. My pa used to take me down to this lake and he’d put out these blankets in the back of his pickup and we’d lie out there and watch the sky all night.”
“Sweet,” Cap nodded, “I don’t remember my father... No good b*****d or something. Mum’s boyfriend though, he was a marine. I loved him. He was... Man, he was my hero. He’s what made me join the Army, the whole ‘hero’ vibe.”
“Yeah, yeah, I get that. My brother was Air Force, Flight Lieutenant. He was my inspiration.” Kiba’s face took on a new smile. Sadness filled his eyes and the smile on his lips looked wistful and wanting. He looked lost, the happiness from earlier faded away. This Kiba was much more accessible than the bouncing bundle of energy he’d been a second ago.
The pair had been walking down a corridor. The walls had been painted a light grey, it annoyed Cap. Grey was boring, he’d spent the best part of two years looking at grey.
“This place needs a paint job. I don’t like grey.”
Kiba’s eyes lit up again, he dropped the sadness in an instant. “Yeah, that’s what I said! Dray said no ‘cause if it’s all homely and stuff, we’ll never want to leave... Oh, this is your room.”
They stopped in front of a white door, the only one that had been left askew. Cap kicked it open with his foot and stepped in carefully. The room was sparcely decorated; a bed was pushed against the wall on the right, a desk placed was in front of the large window and a wardrobe was just beyond the door.
“It’s a little empty...” Kiba scratched his neck, “I didn’t know that. Um, if you want me to help you with anything...?”
“No thanks, I’d like to sleep actually.”
“Oh yeah! I totally forgot you’d only just woken up... I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then?”
“Yeah. Thanks, Kiba.”
“Call me Kee.”
“Kee.”
Kiba walked out of the door, shutting it behind him. Cap snagged his fingers underneath his shirt and pulled it up over his head, shivering as the cold air hit his skin. He folded it over his arm as he walked to the wardrobe. It was a huge wooden box with doors, no decoration on it of any type. Cap pulled open the doors and looked at the empty insides. He grabbed one of the wire hangers and hung his shirt up. Even though he knew he wouldn’t sleep tonight, going through the motions felt good. He kicked off his shoes and unbuckled his belt.
Wearing nothing but his boxers, Cap walked to the bed. He threw himself down, across it. He was so tired but nothing would stop his mind from working. Not now.
Questions swam around his head, raising more questions. More and more questions he didn’t know the answers to, and answers he didn’t know the questions to. He couldn’t stop thinking. Where was he; apart from ‘in the mountains’, or ‘far, far away’; was he still in America; did anyone else know where they were? What was the ‘training’ that Kiba had talked about?
He sighed and ran his hands through his thick hair. A few strands tangled around his fingers, he smiled and dangled them above his face. The gold strands shone in the faint light. He smiled and let them drift away.
He shut his eyes, bored of looking around the room that was ‘his’, but wasn’t his. He didn’t feel at home here, not even close. The guys were nice; they would be good friends in another life. But then, if they were here for the Alpha Project, they must have pasts like his.
Memories swirled in his mind. He felt disgusted with himself, so bad he was physically aching. His stomach was cramping, his hands balled into fists. He could feel his breath speeding up. The screaming in his mind was agony. He just wanted it to end.
“Just stop. Stop it. Stop it. F**k.” Cap whined to himself. “Get a f*****g grip.”
He slammed his palms into his eyes and rubbed until he saw bright lights. At least the pain there was something else other than the ache in his stomach. The screaming stopped, the begging and pleading stopped. Silence consumed the room.
Cap shut his eyes, slowed his breathing and unclenched his fists. Slowly, sleep crept over Cap, dragging him down to the depths of another nightmare.



© 2012 NamelessBeast.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. Ending with an intriguing writer. Read, read, read...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the conversation and the description of the location. I like the use of bad dreams. karma is a fair judge. Bad dreams bring back the misery you have caused. Thank you for a excellent chapter.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2012


Author

NamelessBeast.
NamelessBeast.

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Ask and you shall know. more..

Writing