Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Courtney Nicole

I woke up on an October morning, excited about today. Because today was the day my new family was coming to adopt me! I franticly hopped out my ancient twin size bed and shuffled across my limited sized room to my closet. I grabbed my outfit that I was going to wear today, and laid it on the corner of my bed, and went to go take a shower. As I turned on the hot water, all of my stiff muscles relaxed. I used my mint chocolate chip ice cream shampoo and conditioner and washed out my hair, so that there was no soap left in my hair. Using a washcloth, I

scrubbed my body clean with my mint chocolate body gel, and rinsed off. Turning off the water, I grab two towels; one for my body and one for my hair. wrapping myself in a towel and I dried off. I walked quickly through the hallway before anyone could see me in my towel. Once in my room, I throw on my undergarments. Snatching my outfit off my bed; my white long sleeve shirt, autumn colored scarf, and black skinny jeans, and black TOMS, I put them on.

Then I work my magic. I turn on my flat iron, and start to blow dry my hair. Once my hair’s dry, I straighten it. Satisfied with myself I walk through the passageway and down the stairs as the floorboards creaked. I danced into the dining room, where all the girls that are in this orphanage were eating lunch at.

“Perfect timing, Alison,” Ms. Benway says.

“Don’t call me that,” I say mad that she still calls me Alison, when I told her to call me Ali. Completely ignoring my comment she continues to keep talking.

“Your new family will be here in ten minutes,” she says as I continue on to the living room and sit down on the couch and read my Catching Fire book for the eighth time. What? It’s a great book trilogy!

Someone knocks on the front door of the place. Here we go. I take a deep breath and stand up and walk into Ms. Benway’s office, because what we were told to do when a new family was here. I wait in her office and I hear people talking as they head into the room. The couple walks in, the boy had rough thick black hair styled in a quiff.

With and slight beard going on. Wearing a midnight black shirt and in white words it said cool kids don’t dance and a pair of black denim slim skinny jeans. He appeared to be standing at about five eleven, with tan tattooed skin, holding his girlfriend’s hand. She had bleach blonde hair with a tint of purple that was in loose curls, she had a weak tan going on. Her eyes had some smokey eyeshadow with a white loose shirt with a floral cross in the middle and a pair

of black leggings to go with it. Topping it all off with a friendly smile. They were so cute together, they remind me of a famous couple, but they couldn’t be. They’re just look alikes.

“Alison, meet your new family!” Ms. Benway says contently, because I’m finally leaving here. We never got along, her never understanding my choices.


“‘Ello love, I’m Zayn and this is my fiancé, Perrie.” he says introducing each other.

“Oh my gosh, you guys are so adorable together!” I say, since I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“Thanks, love,” they smile at me and fill the papers out. Both reading over it, having excitement in their eyes. They sign their names and the bottom of the paper, handing it back over to Ms. Benway.

“Alright, great,” Ms. Benway says smiling. “Alison, do you have all your things together?” I’m about to go crazy on this women!

“Yes, they’re right outside the office,” I say through gritted teeth. You could feel the tension between us from the other side of the room. She just nods her head, and excusing us that we can leave. Zayn, Perrie, and I walked out of that distressing room. Zayn helps me carry my luggage outside, leading Perrie and I to a Bentley Continental GT. Wow they must have really good jobs, I thought to myself as he open the trunk and placed my luggage inside.I was just about to climb into the back of the vehicle, I placed my hand on my chest to where my necklace

was suppose to be. Suddenly, I remembered I forgot to put it on this morning.

“I forgot something, could I go quickly grab it?” I asked my new parents.


“Of course you can princess,” Zayn says with carness in his voice. I sprint back to the gray building, opening the door that always creeks when you move it. Moving through the passageway and passing the sit area, dining room, and kitchen. Up the stairs, skipping them by two’s, I get to my room down the passageway and pass all of the other rooms. I find my necklace, that my sister gave me on the night that changed my life forever, on my desk. I clip the back on and place on my chest, and lift up the floorboards, grabbing my guitar case, my song book and my

journal. I set the floorboards back in place and fly down the stairs and zip out of the building and find my way back to Zayn and Perrie’s car. Setting my case in the back, along with my journals, and climb into the car.

“All good to go?” Perrie asked me.

“Ready for take off,” I say with humor in my voice. Zayn and Perrie laugh at my comment and we drive off.

“So where exactly are we going?” I ask looking out my window.

“Home, if that’s what you would like it to be called. We live just outside of London, I think you’re going to fall in love with the place like I did.” Perrie says showing me a warm smile.

“If you fell in love with it, I mostly likely will too,” I smile and rest my head on the door and close my eyes, knowing it will be quite a long drive, I let darkness take over me.


Perrie’s point of view


I’m so excited, I’ve always wanted a daughter! I can already tell that Alison and I are going to get on really well. I could tell Ms.Benway didn’t like Alison, I don’t know why though because she’s such a sweet girl! I can’t wait to help her paint her new room. I wanted to paint before, but Zayn said that we should let Alison decide how she wants, considering that’s her room. So we’re gonna have stay in the extra guest room until we finish painting it. I look at my hand that Zayn’s holding with his fingers intertwine with mine, and squeeze Zayn’s hand slightly giving him

reassurance about all of this.


Zayn’s point of view


I’m so nervous, I don’t even know where to begin! Alison is sitting in the back of the car, looking out the window. I’ve never been a father to a teenage girl before, I’ve never been a father at all before! Perrie thought it would be nice to have a new addition to the family, so we agreed on adopting a girl before we get married and after we’re married and everything has settled down and we’re ready, we will have one of our own flesh and bones. I’m just scared about messing up with Alison, because she’s seems like such a sweet girl. I hope that she gets on well with Perrie and I, because I don’t want to be one of those families that scream, yell, argue at each other, and don’t stay in the same room together. I want everything to go nice and slow. Maybe Alison will even let us help her paint her room.

“So Alison, what do you like to do?” I ask her keeping my eyes on the road.

“Babe I think she’s asleep,” Perrie says in a quiet tone. I look back at Alison and she her sleeping with her head resting on the door, her lips open a little, breathing in through nose and out through mouth. I smile to myself as we pull into our driveway, I click the garage door button and it slides open. Pulling into the garage I shut the garage door, putting the car in park, turning it off. Both, Perrie and I slip out of the car and quietly shut the doors.

“Do you want me to wake her up?” Perrie asks me in her love drug addicting voice.

“No, you go inside and relax babe. I’ll grab her stuff and put it upstairs in the extra guest room and then come and get her. Let’s just let her sleep for awhile.” I say to her, and she nods her head and goes inside the house. I pop the trunk and pull her things out the back and bring them to the extra guest room, and go to the car to grab Alison.


Alison’s point of view


I hear my seat belt click and someone puts their arm underneath me and lift me out of the car carrying me

bridal style. The car door shuts and the person starts moving and shuts the car door. I cuddled up into the person’s

chest, getting cold. Opening another door and shutting it, I’m carried through a passageway and up some stairs and

into a room. I’m placed on a outstandingly comfortable surface, most likely a bed. The person tucks me in and plants

a soft kiss on my forehead.

“I’m so glad you like us, sleep well,” Zayn says and he walks away. Once he shuts the door I know that he has left, and once again I allow the darkness to take over.



© 2014 Courtney Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 29, 2014


Author

Courtney Nicole
Courtney Nicole

Coopersville, MI



Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Courtney Nicole


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Courtney Nicole