Savannah- Part II

Savannah- Part II

A Chapter by Navica Adkins

Savannah

I woke up to the smell of my dad's Saturday regular pancakes flowing through the house. My stomach was growling and I realized I hadn't eaten dinner. All the stress over the scarf had clouded my brain but at least it was the weekend and my date with Zach was tonight. Suddenly, everything seemed better thinking about him. We had been dating for two months. Actually tonight would mark our two month anniversary and I couldn't be more happy with how things were going. I had knows him since elementary school when all boys were repulsive and thoughts girls had cooties. He had hated me and I was annoyed by him. Well that was until middle school when I developed the biggest crush on him which I hid until this year. In fact,Junior year  was turning out to be the best year and a year of new things for me. Finally, I got out of bed and checked my phone which had somehow made it's way under my bed. It was jam packed with missed calls from Bri. I went to play one of the ten voicemails she had left me in a panic that something bad had happened.

 

" Savannah, d****t. I really need to talk to you right this freaking second. Some freaky crap is happening to me and I need help! " the first voicemail was all I needed to hear to know that something strange was happening.

 

I couldn't gather up the courage to return her call right away so I tried to clear my mind and decided to call her after breakfast. I threw on some gym shorts and a t shirt and headed downstairs for breakfast. Except no one was downstairs and there were no pancakes to be eaten. I guess I was so starved I had imagined the smell. Then I realized my family was also missing. I tried to figure out where they could be when I realized we had a breakfast planned with my dads boss. I had totally overslept and missed it but no one had even tried to wake me up.

 

Frantically, I ran up the stairs nearly jamming my toe on the last step. I ran to my bedroom door but it wouldn't open. The door must've been jammed because it couldn't be locked. I needed to get my phone and call my parents to avoid the trouble I was going to be in if I didn't show up. Suddenly, I began to raise my hands and before I could even mentally comprehend what was happening, the door slammed open. It was the same feeling I had gotten at the mall and I didn't like it one bit.  I quickly grabbed my phone and keys from the nightstand and ran out the door.  When I got in the car, my phone rang, and Caller ID said it was Brielle.  I put it on speaker.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Savannah, it’s Bri.  Do you have a minute?”

 

“Sure, what’s up?”

“I’ve been having these freaky things happen to me, and I feel like I need to tell somebody

 

" Yeah, I got your messages. Sorry I didn't call back ASAP. I was sort of busy.

 

" It's fine. Can you call Hailey and tell her we all need to meet somewhere soon?”

 

" I kind of have somewhere to be." Plus, I'm not really dressed appropriately"

 

"It really doesn't matter. I need you guys"

 

"Fine then, I will see you at Coffee Hut in 15."

 

"Okay, see you soon." 

 

News this big shouldn’t be told over the phone. I made a u-turn and went down the road to Coffee Hut.  I began to call Hailey when something ran across the road and suddenly I was swerving into a ditch as I blacked out.



© 2012 Navica Adkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2012


Author

Navica Adkins
Navica Adkins

About
Hello! We are two best friends who are trying to make it big in the world of literature. Please review our stories, because we want to write the best story ever! You can also read our story on www... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Navica Adkins