Hailey- Part I

Hailey- Part I

A Chapter by Navica Adkins

Hailey

Big crowds aren't really my thing but I couldn't let the school down so I decided I would just have to suck it up and sing the national anthem at the homecoming game. I was known at school as the big girl with the big voice and the nice personality. You would think that bullies would tease me about my weight issues but instead I was embraced. Popular wasn't exactly the word but I definitely wasn't at the bottom. Being asked to do something personally at a huge school like Georgia Mills High school was an honor to say the least. Except something strange happened    tonight, I discovered I had another talent, one that didn't involve the arts.  And it would sabatoge any dream I had of becoming a singer. I quicky called up Brielle   and Savannah my best friends but only Savannah answered and I tried to explain what had happened to her as best as possible.

"Hey, Ly. What's up?" Savannah  said

I could hear her twin brothers screaming in the background along with the faint sound of Adele's voice blasting on the radio.

"I think I have a problem. Well, actually I KNOW I have a problem. Something strange is happening to me."

"Do you need me to come over? I can ask Zach to drive me over. I think Bri has some party to attend so I can't ask her.

 

My head suddenly began to pound and it felt like my dinner was about to come up

 

"Never mind. I'm not feeling well. Talk to you tomorrow"

 I threw the phone onto the bed and ran to the bathroom but nothing seemed to happen. It was then that it happened again. Everything began to shake and suddenly I was levitating the objects in the bathroom in some sort of Matilda-like magic. I had to be dreaming because crazy things like this only happen in movies. As I sat, everything came to a standstill and I returned to my room in a panic. I thought about calling Savannah again but she would only try to make me think it wasn't real. Maybe it wasn't real but it had to be. Except it couldn't be. The confusion got to me and I felt like passing out before my mothers voice chimed through the house.

"Honey, I'm home. Sorry about being late with dinner but I got your favorite chicken alfredo from Giuseppe's. Honey, where are you?

" Up here in my room" I screamed as I made my way to the stairs. The smell of my favorite food made my stomach churn but I was sort of hungry so I decided to forget what had occurred for now. Once this day was over, hopefully everything would be back to normal.



© 2012 Navica Adkins


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012


Author

Navica Adkins
Navica Adkins

About
Hello! We are two best friends who are trying to make it big in the world of literature. Please review our stories, because we want to write the best story ever! You can also read our story on www... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Navica Adkins