Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Alex P.

Marcus woke to a throbbing, head swimming migraine. The room was completely dark, but his eyes were beginning to adjust. The realization of where he was struck him. His heart began racing in panic. Letting out a horrified moan when he noticed he was laying naked, in a puddle of warm sweet smelling liquid. Was this some kind of sick joke? His senses were heightened, had to be because of the fear. Even in the darkness he could tell he was in a small room. That’s when he heard a groan from a few feet in front of him. 

“Who’s there?” His voice cracked and he rubbed his eyes, the liquid on his hands got all over his face. 

“P....please stop.” Was the weak response from a terrified voice. 

“Stop what?” He went to go stand up and when his hands down they landed on the cold flesh of a body. The person didn’t move, and when he tried to shake the person awake, the body barely moved. He froze, the hair on the back of his neck stood straight up, the person was dead. 

“Stop what?!” He asked again looking up trying to find the person who spoke before. In that moment a drop of the liquid dripped down his face and touched his tongue. It was like pure perfection; it was ecstasy. He began dipping his fingers in it and licking them clean, unaware of the inhumane noises he was making. 

“Oh god.” The voice trembled quietly. 

Marcus’s hungry eyes shot up in the darkness, he could hear the beating of a heart and it wasn’t his own. He could hear liquid rushing about, was there a river outside? The more liquid he licked the more his senses heightened. Then the scent hit him, it was unbelievable. He got light headed from it, and with out thinking dropped his face into the liquid. Gulping down as much as he could lap up. He was grinning ear to ear when he brought his head up, and he could see everything perfectly. 

In the corner was the man he had heard, he was sitting, shivering, whimpering, and his eyes were darting about in the darkness. That wasn’t his concern though, his eyes had been drawn to the fact that he discovered where the liquid had come from. 

The body in front of him had it’s neck ripped open and the blood had gushed out from there. He got dizzy and felt sick, looked down at his blood covered hands. He had just ingested blood, human blood, and it tasted marvelous! He wanted to puke, but yet some part of him wanted more. 

“Oh god, what did I just do?!” He screamed sitting back with a wet smack. The man shot his head in the direction of the noise. Marcus could feel, physically feel the man’s fear. He could feel it and in some twisted way he loved it, it made him feel powerful. That part of him that wanted more began to grow, he could feel it creeping over him. He fought it back as hard as he could. 

He put his face in his hands, but that was a mistake. A single drop touched his lips and he lost control. He jumped up as his fangs protruded, he felt as if he wasn’t in control anymore. Like he was watching everything play out, but he had no choice in what he did. 

Slowly he walked over to the man, the wet smack of each footstep causing the man to tremble more. 

Marcus stood over him now and watched as he slowly rose his head. Marcus’s breath had become heavy, and the man’s gaze froze. 

“Please. Please.” The man whispered as he sobbed. Marcus understood where he was hearing rushing liquid, it was the man’s blood. He swiftly grabbed him by the neck and drug him up the wall. 

“Please. Please.” He chocked out the words, his hands trying to pry open the iron grip around his throat, legs kicking about. 

Marcus had quit fighting the hunger, then felt himself lose the little control that he was hanging onto by a thread. The man let out a heavy breath as Marcus released his grip on his neck and took him up by the shoulders. From there he sank his fangs into the man’s neck, the blood filling his mouth. Warm blood, it tasted so good. The man screamed and Marcus bit harder. He felt the man losing his strength, and when he quit fighting back, dropped the body. 

He felt amazing, as if he could do any damn thing that he wanted. He was licking his fingers when a doorway opened across from him. A blinding amount of light poured in, he shielded his eyes until they adjusted. 

“Well done, a bit aggressive, but still.” A hoarse voice echoed in. 

“Who are you?” Marcus called out, beginning to come down from his bloodlust. 

“I’m the vampire who turned you, now if you would please come out. You need to clean up and cloth yourself.” The vampire said. 

Marcus walked out with his hand blocking the light until he was outside of the dark room. He had control of himself, but felt different. He looked around, they were in basement of what looked like an old farm house. Wooden shelves lined the walls and had tons of jars and little things on them. 

“Where are we?” He asked gazing shooting back to the vampire. He stood there with long black hair, sharp eyes, and an inviting smile. 

“The outskirts of town, this is the old Madison farm house.” He explained. The Madison farm had a long history of being haunted. It looked to be true, except ghosts weren’t doing the haunting. 

“Excuse me, I have yet to properly introduce myself. I’m Kristopher Vondrake.” He said touching his chest and bowing slightly. 

“Marcus.” He said moving past him to the shower he spotted behind him. 

The water was cold, but he didn’t care. Now that he was in his right mind all he wanted to do was get the blood off of himself. He would have time to freak out later. 

“I have to admit I’m rather shocked at how easy you’re taking this. Most newborns are trying to deal with their humanity. Blah, blah, sob, sob.” Kristopher chuckled. 

Marcus shut off the water and grabbed the towel draped over an old wooden door laid on it’s side against the wall. It was soft and warm. 

“I just sucked the blood out of another human being, what humanity do I have left?” He slipped the t-shirt over his head, stepped into the boxers, and finally slid into the jeans. 

“Very true.” Kristopher took a moment to reflect on what Marcus had said. “Now if you’d follow me, my family wishes to meet you.” 

Marcus thought he had nothing to lose and followed him.

Kristopher took them to a house deep in the woods. Marcus had always wondered who lived here. Marcus and his friends would dare each other to walk the long dirt driveway to see if a house really stood back there. None of them ever the balls to do. 

The house was an old colonial, white siding, and navy blue shutters. Candles were burning in the windows, and with the bright moon light illuminating everything, the house had a very dark impression. 

Kristopher walked up to the front door, opened it and yelled, “I’m home!” 

The main hallway was dimly lit, and in a short period of time five other vampires had silently entered it. Marcus awkwardly stood there as all eyes were on him. 

“Welcome to our home, I’m Victor.” The eldest one said subtly. “I can see the transformation went well, good job Kristopher.” 

“Well newborn, shall you introduce yourself?” Kristopher said after nodding a thank you at Victor. 

Marcus hesitated, “Marcus.” 

“Well Marcus, you’ve already met my son Kristopher. This is my wife Nicole.” He said wrapping his arm around her thin waist, as she gave him a friendly smile. “Those two over there are my sons, Alex and Samuel.” He pointed at the two boys standing in a door frame, both gave a slight wave. “And finally, on the stairs would be my daughter, Christina.” Her eyes flashed up from the phone in her hands to his and stayed there. 

Marcus had absolutely no idea as to why he wasn’t freaking the hell out right now. If he had been told a few days ago this was going to happen, he would have surely not expected himself to act as calm as he was. 

“Marcus is a stone cold killer, he has to be one of the few I’ve seen come out of his transformation with no questions, and being as calm as he was.” Kristopher grinned. 

This bought a hellish grin to Victor’s face, “Is that so? It’s been a long time since we’ve had a vampire like you join us. Tell me, what did that first kill feel like?” His eyes showed that he was genuinely interested. 

Marcus didn’t even hesitate, he let the hunger explain it for him. 

“It was the most pleasurable thing I’ve ever experienced in my entire life.” Marcus said cooly. 

Victor smiled, “excellent. Would you care to go hunting with the boys then, in say... about two days? You’ll need to feed by that time.” He pointed over to Alec and Samuel. 

Before Marcus could think, the hunger answered, “I’d love to.” With a devilish grin. 



© 2012 Alex P.


Author's Note

Alex P.
1st Revision!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well..written and nicely developed..im reading it!Laury

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012


Author

Alex P.
Alex P.

OH



About
I'm 17 years old, and I've been writing since I was 9. I'm predominately a sci-fi, fantasy, and horror writer. more..

Writing
Vampires Vampires

A Chapter by Alex P.


The Void The Void

A Chapter by Alex P.


Origins Origins

A Book by Alex P.