Prologue - Part Four

Prologue - Part Four

A Chapter by Octavious
"

The beginning of it all

"

“Help . . . me. Help . . . me. HELP . . . ME!”  The voice was strange, very smooth and calming but the distress was clear. Donati was the first to say something, but Ruth was the first to move.

“No one listen to it.” He said. Donati was the man that they looked up to, but he was no leader " when there was something wrong he would freeze up and stare, the same way he was staring at Ruth as she charged up to the stones. No one said anything, Marco smiled, Forese still stood in an absent trance, and Beatrice had begun to cry in confusion.

“She’s a fool if she touches that thing.” Marco had said out to Donati, starting to sound panicked as well.

“Help . . . me. Help . . . me. HELP . . . ME!”  The closer Ruth got the faster the voice spoke, repeating the words over and over .

“Help . . . me. Help . . . me. HELP . . . ME!” There was no hesitation as Ruth released the sword from its scabbard. The blade’s scales shimmered in the sun. She lept over the marking on the ground, in between the stones surrounding the gem. With two hands on the grip she made to use it as an axe. She struck, the blade making contact with the gem, and the mists in the stones grew thicker, and danced faster inside. Ruth was more aggressive than any had anticipated. The voice that spoke was gone and was replaced with the screaming of the mists. Each hack of the sword made the screams louder and louder, until the gem and stones began to crack on their own.

The black stone was the first to break, shattering to the ground. Beatrice immediately ran off to hide behind a tree. One by one the rest of the stones began to shatter as well. The gem exploded, whipping shards through the air in all directions. The mists that were in the stones appeared to panic in the free air, not knowing where to go. The only sounds to be heard were the screaming of the mists and the sound of frightened Dicaballs fleeing the scene. Beatrice could be heard sobbing behind the cover of the trees.

Within seconds all sound and movement ceased. There was only Beatrice left to see the aftermath of the violent mists. She could still see the thin tail of the last one flying through the dark branches of the forest, but she hadn’t the courage to follow it. Littered across the ground were shards of the broken stones and gem, and her friends.

The fat man had a shard caught in the fat of his throat, blood had begun to seep through the open wound. Marco had a large piece of gem puncturing the center of his heart, his blood pooling on the ground around him. The shard appeared to be absorbing his blood, a new mist already seemed to be forming inside, Beatrice didn’t dare approach it.

Through Donati’s stomach was a shard so large Beatrice knew he had to have been impaled. She couldn’t bear to look at him. Ruth lay closest to the center of the carnage, with just a thin clean slice across her throat. Her beautiful sword was shattered in tiny pieces on the ground around her.

“You fools, you fools! What am I meant to do now?” Her tears weren’t of sorrow, she thought only of herself, all alone for the rest of her miserable life. She walked around the scene again, but this time she didn’t go near the dead, she picked up the large pieces of gem and stone around the outskirts of the area.

Something to remember them by, she thought, to remember what happened to my family. She didn’t plan to seek revenge, she didn’t want answers, she only wanted to join them, to die the same way her family had but was too much of coward to do it herself.

She began to walk, following the path the Dicaballs had left. She was alone, but soon enough she would be with her family, no matter how much she had hated some of them at times. She would walk until she found her place, blood and stones in her hands.





© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
Hope you enjoyed the prologue, please leave a comment, and send read requests :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really quite nice writing, i like the whole feel of it. Maybe though the whole kingdoms and background could be explored more in the future? Like maybe the whole setting could be further explained to give the reader a better understanding of the overall picture? Still very nice though, just my personal opinion.
Calgar

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I wanted the prologue to give them enough, but also start boil up questions, I really like th.. read more
calgar

9 Years Ago

no problem mate:)



Reviews

Really quite nice writing, i like the whole feel of it. Maybe though the whole kingdoms and background could be explored more in the future? Like maybe the whole setting could be further explained to give the reader a better understanding of the overall picture? Still very nice though, just my personal opinion.
Calgar

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I wanted the prologue to give them enough, but also start boil up questions, I really like th.. read more
calgar

9 Years Ago

no problem mate:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on March 14, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015
Tags: Death, wizards, jems, breakout


Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious