LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

A Poem by Octavious
"

This is a story that will be made out of poems, this is the first part, I hope you enjoy it.

"
I sit down, 
unaware of the love that has surrounded me for so many years.
I see a world of hopelessness, 
A world of cruelty.

Those who know not how to be successful,
because the accepted refused to aid in those first steps,
they shun me from the world.

I see them, 
they all pass by as I sit with a two year old sign limping in my lap.
WILL WORK FOR MONEY OR FOOD,PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU GOD BLESS
I hate it,
which one is worse,
when they pass me unread, o when the read and pass me with nothing in my hands?
I need the aid of innocent eyes.

I remember,I remember how it started,
I could hear myself screaming at them all,
each black shined shoe  passing me,
stepping in a puddle aimed to hit me,
each long warm jacket swaying passed me,
all warn out, knew they were going to the garbage,
but why, when they could be with me, 
am I not garbage myself?

Throw things at me, 
give me anything,
I can survive through the pain,
but I cannot survive the frost-biting death that is to come to me.

They all just pass me, and I scream at them as my eyes follow their paths that cross my view.
Look at me,
see me,
Just look at me to reassure me that I am a human being.
They do nothing.
I get nothing but the noise of the chattering women on their phone,
the ungrateful men frantic over their cheating problems with the clueless wives awaiting them at home . . . 
Their nice warm home, where there is a family who haven't the slightest clue of what they have.
One step, Two step
PLEASE JUST LOOK AT ME!
I am human, school is something I didn't get but I know that this should be true, 
but I doubt myself;
WILL WORK FOR MONEY OR FOOD,PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU GOD BLESS.

I sit down, 
unaware of the love that has surrounded me for so many years.
I see a world of hopelessness, 
A world of cruelty.
I have yet to find the love that hides so well in front of me. 

To be continued . . . 

© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
I hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see this sign often.
"WILL WORK FOR MONEY OR FOOD,PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU GOD BLESS."
I truly believe if we help. A blessing for us. Even a few dollars. I liked your thoughts on a important topic. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was incredible. The emotions were so raw, so poignant. You created the picture that nearly every person on a busy street sees. Those people sitting, standing, their eyes hopeless, because they see that cruel, hopeless world you have written here.
I also think the point of view you've expressed here also extends beyond those at street corners with signs. I think it goes to a lot of people in general that feel they are worthless. Those who are ignored, taunted, hated, bullied... we all see the cruel side of the world and sometimes it really hurts. It can so easily destroy us. No matter how strong we are, there are always cracks in the wall.
Great topic, great depiction, great poem.
Wall of Words

Posted 8 Years Ago


Octavious

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me that you have connected and enjoyed this piece. :)
I see this sign often.
"WILL WORK FOR MONEY OR FOOD,PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU GOD BLESS."
I truly believe if we help. A blessing for us. Even a few dollars. I liked your thoughts on a important topic. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

no ... not in my "like it" pile .. so sorry .. it is very unsettling .. who among us has not passed by the sign .. please help me .. i am in need .. who among those asking has not put the scam on ... piled on the guilt? .. such a two way street eh!? such a sad holocaust of tragedies .. the language in your poem is stark .. me thinks you can achieve more ... editing and syntax go hand in hand even within the freedoms of "free verse" ... i think the strength of this one is in the first person narrative .. really brings it home for me ..
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

on my list sir! will look for it .. i hope you know that by not on my like it list is not meant to b.. read more
Octavious

9 Years Ago

Oh yes, I meant everything I said in a positive fashion, and yes this was my purpose to make onbe un.. read more
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

:)...........
Lovely wording!
Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Emily, I am glad you enjoyed it.
Im overwhelm with joy and enthusiasm for I myself craves for writing such as this, a well rounded introduction for your future master piece, Thanks for Sharing and keep writing about now" :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much I am excited to write the next part.
It is deep and dark too.
Just looking where it is going.
Keep going it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, and I will :)
I can't wait to see where this is going! thanks for the read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, and I hope that the next bit is as better as the piece.
If you had to go through this, I'm sorry. I've had to ask for money from family before, but never had to do it from strangers like this. I can only imagine what it must have been like. I have given what change I could to a gentleman on the side of the road before. I do try to help those in need, and I hope that others do as well. No one should have to feel like this. Thank you for sharing this lovely, heartfelt poem. I'm very glad to have read it. Keep writing, I can't wait to read what is next for this! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I am glad you like it, and I am honored to think that this might have happened to.. read more
Very powerful and very deep images into a world most sadly don't, or won't, allow themselves 2 see out of weakness or apathy. God bless and never "sit down" and throw ur gift of verse away.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
To many live this life, so sad:( this piece is very powerful!
Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2015
Last Updated on March 28, 2015
Tags: poetic tale, story, inspiration, sad, homeless, the world

Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Mask The Mask

A Poem by Colton Warr