Chapter one - First day, first battle, four crushes?!

Chapter one - First day, first battle, four crushes?!

A Chapter by James

A/N - Hey guys, it's James. Before you start reading this I would expect you've seen Soul Eater and/or Fairy Tail. I am very aware these two animes are in no way connected, but hey, its a fanfic so nothing needs to be cannon. I'll be making multiple different scenarios for the different boys and there will be FOUR different endings. To give you a bit of a heads up, yes, your character is the daughter of Lucy Heartfilia (who is sadly dead in this story) and she is a celestial wizard. No she isn't a weapon and yes she is a miester so to speak. I haven't finished Fairy Tail so I'm using information I already have and I also haven't finished Soul Eater, so once again, using what I know. And yes I did need to look up quotes for Black*star (slightly embarrassed, but I don't really like black star). Now before I start this train wreck of a story I need to clarify one more thing: NO I DO NOT KNOW IF CRONA IS A DUDE OR NOT (I don't think anybody does, but to me he's a guy, so there). Hold on to your manga, cuz this is gonna be weird.
 
Third person POV
 
You were walking up the long steps leading to the DWMA, replaying what master Makarov had told you. I respect your decision but you need to understand that these people fear magic, they might not accept you if they knew about your origins. The (f/c) guild symbol on your right hand had been tucked away the sleeve of your (f/c) hoodie, while your (h/c) hair was concealed under the hood. Only your (e/c) eyes and (s/t) skin could be seen. The keys hanging from your hip felt heavy since you knew you couldn't see any of your spirits as often. Truth be told, they'd been your only friends growing up before you joined Fairy Tail, and even then, your grandfather would take them away to prevent shame to the family. The life of a wizard is disgraceful, he'd often remark as he'd steal the keys from your grasp, your mother brought enough shame to the family already! Your mom.. You'd never knew your mother, you only knew her by the stories you were told by your fellow guild mates. You continued your internal argument and before you knew it, you were in front of the academy. The entire building was symmetrical, to the smallest detail. You had been told to meet with Lord Death, but apparently that wasn't going to happen since a certain blunette wanted to fight you.
 
In front of the doors was a boy, slightly taller than you, with white hair swept to the side, a black and yellow jacket, brownish-red pants, black yellow and grey shoes with tooth-like designs on the bottom, a sweat band with a blue sticker that had SOUL written on it and a circular patch with the image of red lips and sharp teeth, the letters E-A-T circling it. Upon closer inspection you found the boy had very sharp teeth, like a shark's. You kept a blank expression and walked calmly towards him when he stepped in your path, he meant to stop you.
 
"You the new kid?" he asked, he walked towards you with a toothy grin. Before you could react, somebody started screaming from one of the high red spikes on the entrance.
 
"YAAAAHOOOO!! New student remember this well! I am Black*star the worlds greatest assassin! The big man! I will transcend death! Try not to feel too bad about living in my shadow! It isn't your fault that I'm the biggest star ever! Sooner or later you will cower before me! Let me hear you now! Scream the name Black*star!" The boy screaming this had spikey blue hair, a black vest with a silver zipper on the front, a star tattoo on his right shoulder, white and black pants ending above his ankles, black and grey shoes with stars on the front and black gloves.
 
You simply looked at the two boys. "Is he for real?" you muttered under your breath. The blue-haired boy must have heard you from his perch because he jumped down and landed so perfectly, you would think he was a ninja.
 
"We're here to challenge you new kid!" Black*star shouted once again, a childish (but cute) grin on his face. "We" meaning both of them? You held back a smile, these two wouldn't challenge you if they knew you were an S class wizard. You didn't react, which confused them, you simply pulled loose your mother's old whip, a keepsake you kept with you at all times.
 
The white-haired boy grinned in response and his left arm became the blade of a scythe. It was red and black, the two colours separated by a zigzag. Oh, he must be a weapon, you thought. You'd been told weapons were humans that could turn into weapons, but you didn't exactly take it literally. Black*star however entered a fighting stance, he must have been a miester.
 
"May I ask your name before I beat you?" Black*star asked, a cocky tone in his voice. You thought about that for a second and decided on the nickname you often used on jobs and quests.
 
"Starbow," your calm tone seemed to tick your challengers off. They thought you were being cocky. Black*star's shouting had attracted an audience however, and a small group of students gathered around the three of you. 
 
The first was a girl with dirty blonde hair tied in twin pigtails and green eyes. She wore a  long black jacket, red and black skirt, white gloves, and black boots with white straps. She was glaring at the white-haired boy, who you guessed was his meister.
 
Number two was a tall girl with pale skin, dark blue eyes, and long black hair tied in a high ponytail near the top of her head. she wore a classic ninja's outfit in a beige colour, though a yellow star was visibly on the right side of her chest. Since Black*star was a miester, this girl was probably his weapon.
 
Bystander number three was a boy with pink hair that was uneven and choppy, and purple eyes. His choice of clothing was a bit strange since he was wearing what looked to be a dress with large white cuffs on the wrists and a high collar on the neck. He looked a bit wobbly and seemed to stay close to the girl with the pigtails. He didn't seem to have a weapon or meister present.  
 
And finally was a trio of two girls and a boy. The tallest girl had long dark blonde hair, blue eyes, and wore a long pair of jeans, high heeled boots, a sleeveless red crop top with a white tie, two silver bracelets on each wrist, and a white and blue cowboy hat. the shorter of the girl had short blonde hair, sky blue eyes and matched the taller girl's outfit perfectly except instead of jeans she had puffy mid-thigh shorts and no bracelets. Their male companion had black hair with three white stripes on the left side, golden eyes, and a symmetrical black and white suit with short white stripes on the shoulders and chest, a small skull in place of a tie. Other than the boy's hair, all three of them had perfectly symmetrical outfits.
 
"Soul, what did professor Stein say about you two picking fights with the new kids?!" the blonde with pigtails screeched at her weapon, Soul. Neither of the boys showed any concern for that fact and turned back to you, who still hadn't moved. 
 
"Yeah whatever Maka, we're still going to fight him and win." Black*star retorted. You held back a snicker. They thought you were a boy? This was going to make your victory even sweeter.
 
"Bring it on then, oh mighty assassin Black*star!" you challenged, the sarcasm in your voice proving you weren't scared or worried. Both boys snarled and charged you. You didn't move, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Lets see, based on their movements, Soul was going to hit you on the right while Black*star charged your left, easy to avoid. When they were three feet away from you and going too fast to stop, you jumped and used Soul's scythe-arm as a spring-board and sent them plowing into each other. You were unharmed while both boys were arguing over who screwed that move up.
 
Black*star charged you solo this time and you easily launched off the ground, pulling amazing tricks in mid air and landing like a gymnastics gold medalist. Soul decided to give it a try and you avoided his attack by going though his legs, sliding on your knees, and tripping him with your whip. You were easily winning this fight and you'd barely touched them. This went on for about three minutes with them attacking and you dodging them with ease. You decided you'd had enough fun with them and actually started attacking, mentally reminding yourself, NO MAGIC.
 
You were still an amazing fighter without magic though, which explained why your combat based celestial spirits loved helping you in a fight. You treated them like partners, not tools. When Black*star had his back turned you landed a solid strike to his backside with your whip and made him yelp like a little girl. Soul was trying to get you from behind but you easily dodged and tied him with the leather weapon you held. You hurled soul towards Black*star who was charging you while shouting something about an "ultimate attack". Instead he plowed into Soul and hit him with whatever his attack was. Soul recovered and looked extremely mad.
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HITTING ME WITH YOUR SOUL'S WAVE-LENGHT?!?! THAT HURTS YOU IDIOT!!!" Soul was up in Black*star's face and was clearly PO'd.
 
"U-umm, whoops, sorry.." Black*star said and turned his attention back to you. You were tired of this fight and decided to end it. You charged the boys with incredible speed and clocked both of them in the head with your elbows and skidded to a stop, raising your left hand and felt your gift from the Celestial Spirit King: The bow of the stars. Soul and Black*star recovered to find two glowing golden arrows aimed at their faces.
 
"How about you two admit your defeat and I won't hafta break your cute little faces?" Both boys were taken by surprise and though they were fairly stupid, they were smart enough to admit you'd won. You grinned and the bow vanished into thin air.   
 
Your entire audience was amazed at your agility and skill, particularly the boy with black and white hair. The girl Maka walked over to Soul and smacked him over the head with a thick book.
 
"OW! What was that for?!" Soul groaned in pain.
 
"For picking fights with the new kids," she calmly responded.
 
"What about Black*star? This was his idea!"
 
"I think he'll be punished enough by the fact you two were beaten by a girl," Maka glanced at you and smiled warmly. Both Soul's and Black*star's jaws dropped and you pulled your hood back revealing your (h/l), (h/c) hair. The most notable things on their faces were shock and a deep red blush. You smirked and walked off, leaving the group to ponder what you just did.
 
TIME SKIP
 
Once you were in Lord Death's death room (strange name, but I don't come up with this stuff), he greeted you enthusiastically with his novelty mask and ridiculously large cartoon hands. You were given the basics like miesters and weapons, who could take out certain books in the library, and since you were a wizard, you declined Lord Death's offer to find you a weapon. You already had your whip and bow, and could probably use one of your spirits in a pinch; most likely Loki or Virgo since they looked the most normal compared to other people.
 
After the basics and an unnecessary introduction to Lord Death's weapon Spirit Albarn, you were told to attend the class Crescent Moon after lunch, until then you could get familiar with the grounds or check out your apartment. Your luggage had already been taken there (thank you Virgo) so checking the grounds couldn't hurt. You wandered around the school, finding the mission board, much like the job board back home, the class you were supposed to join, the nurses office and the cafeteria.
 
You skipped lunch since you weren't hungry and chill on the roof, but your plan was interrupted when a timid voice behind you said "U-umm, hello?" Turning around you found the boy with pink hair from earlier. He must have recognized you from the fight when he whispered something like "congrats on the fight". He's a lot like how I was before I joined my guild, you thought. You approached him with a gentle smile on your face.
 
"Hello, my name is (Y/N), what's yours?" the boy's cheeks grew light pink when you spoke.
 
"My name is Crona.." your ears almost couldn't pick up his voice since you were used to loud screaming and shouting (mostly from Natsu and Gray), but you heard him.
 
"It's nice to meet you Crona!" you smiled and held out a hand for Crona to shake. He took it with a nervous smile.
 
"Oh come on! How does a girl as pretty as you want to be Crona's friend?!" a high-pitched voice screeched, and a small creature poked it's way out of Crona's back. The small entity had black skin, tiny white hands, a white X across his face, two small white eyes with smaller black X's in their centers and no mouth or legs. You'd seen plenty of things that didn't make a whole lot of sense, but this was a bit weirder than usual.
 
".. And that's Ragnarock.." Crona looked over his shoulder to Ragnarock and started arguing with him. You figured out what these two were. Crona didn't have a miester because he was one, and Ragnarock was his weapon. Was this normal? A weapon and miester sharing a body? You wouldn't know since this was the first time you'd ever left Fiore. This wasn't going to bother you, in fact, with these two arguing, you might know what to do to shut Ragnarock up. You reached under Ragnarock's small chin and gave in a light scratch.
 
"Hey lady, what are you-..." and with that, Ragnarock started purring like a cat and disappeared into Crona's back.
 
"I didn't know that would work." Crona said, returning his attention to you.
 
You shrugged. "I've dealt with vulcans three times his size, he was a piece of cake." Crona didn't know what a vulcan was, but Ragnarock was a handful, so they must be tough.
 
Crona wanted to talk to you more but the bell for classes to start rang and he quickly said his goodbyes and made his way to class. Remembering you had to go to class too, you quickly jogged through the halls to avoid being late.
 
TIME SKIP AGAIN
 
Professor Stein was about to start his lecture when Maka brought up that Soul and Black*star picked another fight with a new kid. Maka's plan worked well since she knew you weren't here yet, and if Stein was lecturing those two idiots, you had time to get here. Within the next minute Stein was interrupted with a knock at the door. Several different sets of eyes grew hopeful when the door opened and the new student walked in. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes put smiles and light blushes on their faces.
 
"Ah, you must the new student, (Y/N). You don't need to worry about Soul and Black*star fighting you again, though I can see you held your own. Please take a seat next to Kid at the back," the professor pointed to a boy with black and white hair who was fiddling with the papers on his desk. You took a seat next to Kid and he didn't seem to notice your presence. Stein continued with his lesson and proceeded with the dissection he was doing today.
 
Black*star's POV
 
I don't like it. She's next to Kid, and I could tell during the fight he was interested in her. No way am I gonna lose to that symmetry loving neat-freak, (Y/N)'s gonna be my girlfriend, just you wait. I'm too big a star to lose!
 
Soul's POV
 
Looks like I have some competition. Black*star is staring at her, and it looks like Crona is a little more than interested in her. Totally uncool. I ain't losing to those two, I'm way too cool for that. (Y/N)'s gonna be my girl before you know what hit you.
 
Crona's POV
 
Oh wow, (Y/N) is in my class! Maybe I can get closer to her, she is nice after all. But Soul likes (Y/N) too... Looks like I'm going to need to ask her to be my girlfriend before Soul does. (Y/N)'s gonna be my girlfriend before they realize it!
 
Death the Kid's POV
 
I hadn't been paying full attention when the new student came in, but I did hear her name, (Y/N). I felt a presence next to me and found a cute girl sitting there. I felt my cheeks heat up, she was the girl who beat Soul and Black*star. I needed to be a gentleman if she was going to like me..
 
"Hey, I'm guessing you're Kid?" she whispered to avoid Stein hearing her.
 
"That would be me, it's a pleasure to meet you (Y/N), welcome to the DWMA," keep your cool, be a gentleman. Oh man, her hair is perfectly symmetrical! Come on Kid, keep your cool. Jeez I sound like Soul. I felt three sets of eyes on (Y/N) and looked to their owners. Soul, Black*star and Crona. Yeah, no. (Y/N) is my girl, so back off guys.
 
Third person POV
 
The rest of class was uneventful, other than the fact you felt like someone was staring at you the whole time. Scratch that, multiple people. After the bell rang Maka stopped you before you could leave.
 
"Hey (Y/N), we're having a party at Kid's place if you want to come!" Maka's eyes were excited for your answer. You smiled.
 
"Sure, I'd love to!"
 
"Great! Can you be there around 8:30?" Kid intervened and put an arm on your shoulder. 
 
"Easily, I'll see you guys tonight!" and you jogged off.
 
"With that being said, we're going to get ready at Maka's house!" Black*star's partner, Tsubaki said and left with the girls, leaving the four boys alone.
 
Soul broke the silence. "So, what do you guys think of (Y/N)?"
 
"Eh, she's okay I guess.." Black*star said, avoiding any eye contact.
 
"She's nice but I consider her a friend and nothing more." Kid folded his arms and kept his eyes on the floor.
 
Crona simply pretended he'd never met you.
 
"Ok, just wondering I guess, see you guys later." Soul walked away, and each boy went off in a different direction. All of them had lied. As each boy walked off, they had the same thought on their heads: Back off, she's mine! 
 
 
 


© 2016 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey man *slurp*, nice😂😂😂

Posted 7 Years Ago


James

7 Years Ago

I appreciate the compliment but can u plz keep the dirty humour down to a dull roar? I'd like to kee.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on September 18, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing
The prankster Mikey The prankster Mikey

A Chapter by James