If it didn't start with ultimate frisbee, it isn't a love story

If it didn't start with ultimate frisbee, it isn't a love story

A Chapter by James

Narrator's POV
Donnie's eyes widened at the sight of the new school. It was so beautiful! It was huge compared to his old one, and had much more colour and greenery to it. The principal greeted him and his brothers enthusiastically and gave them a quick tour, eventually giving them their schedules and sending them off to their classes. Donnie found the locker rooms with no issue and hurriedly changed into his PE uniform. The gym was empty at the moment but since classes had already started, Donnie guessed they were outside. Wandering outside towards the large field, the teachers called Donnie over.
"Are you Donatello Hamato?", one of the teachers asked, his height exceeding Donnie's.
"Donnie is fine", he nodded. The teacher seemed to acknowledge that and pointed with a pen towards a group of students arguing over something.
"You can join them for today, they're playing ultimate Frisbee.", the teacher muttered and looked back to their marking sheet. Multiple boys were shouting at each other and Donnie adjusted his glasses. Timidly walking over, some boys noticed him, a few girls looked in his direction, but one student was staring off into space. She had (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and had a (f/c) hoodie on, hiding her shirt. Her grey yoga pants resembled a static pattern and both knees had small holes in them, and her purple and grey shoes looked like they had seen better days.
"Hey, you, you're a team captain", one of the boys said to the girl and she looked at him surprised.
"Me?", she asked in a tone that was genuinely shocked. Donnie guessed she was used to being ignored or being picked last. The guy that called on her nodded. She walked over to the boys, being the only girl captain and stuck her hands in her pockets. Two of the boys selected one teammate and the girl eyed the group.
"Jacob", she said pointing at a fairly slim boy about her height and he jogged over. Jacob whispered something in her ear and she nodded. The second members were picked and she called "Matt". Soon Donnie, and two girls remained.
"You, the new kid?", the girl asked, and Donnie realized she was talking to him. Donnie faced her and she motioned for him to come over. "You're on our team". Donnie gave a slight nod.
"Hey champ, you know how to play ultimate Frisbee?", one of the boys, Jacob, asked leaning on Donnie's shoulder.
"Um.. No?", Donnie answered, watching as his team and their opponents argued over who was going to be shirts or white.
"It's simple, catch the Frisbee, throw it to a teammate, get it passed the goal mark, get a point. Oh, and you can't move while you have the Frisbee. Donnie gave a slight nod as the team captain walked over with a grin on her face.
"We're shirts and serving first!", she exclaimed with a grin. Matt snuck up on her and snatched the Frisbee from her hand. The four students lined up and Matt tossed the disk across the field and it sailed over the other teams heads.
TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIKEY'S WATER BALLOONS
The game went on for about twenty minutes and Donnie tried to stay out of the way as much as possible. As the girl on his team grabbed the Frisbee from mid air, she held it in a strange way. Her thumb and two of her fingers pinched the disks edge and threw it skipping-stone-style towards Jacob, who was in front of Donnie. Jacob narrowly missed it and Donnie acted on impulse and lunged at the disk before it hit the ground.
"Dude! Nice catch!", Jacob called as Donnie opened his eyes, which he hadn't realized were closed. He'd caught it. The Frisbee sat in his hands inches from the ground.
"Goal!", Matt shouted pumping his fists in the air. The captain was smiling and shooed the other team down the field.
"Nice reflexes!" she complimented and stood next to Donnie. Jacob snatched the disk from Donnie's grip.
"Thanks", Donnie said, a smile spreading across his face revealing the adorable gap between his teeth.
"What's your name?", she asked, watching the field.
"Donnie, how about you?"
"(y/n). I'm guessing Donnie is short for Donatello?"
"Yeah, me and my brothers were named after those guys."
"Cool! I'm guessing your brothers are named Leonardo, Raphael, and Michelangelo?"
"I take it you're good at guessing games"
(y/n) grinned, "Most of the time"
The game went on for a while longer and Donnie's team won 5-3. (y/n) was giving her teammates high-fives and grinned when she got to Donnie.
"I will be seeing you around!", she said, offering a fist-bump. Donnie gave it a pound and felt his cheeks heat up as she jogged off, her friends catching up to her and started laughing.
"(y/n)", Donnie sighed, she was cute. He snapped back to reality and jogged off to the locker rooms.

Hope you guys liked it, I'm not the best at writing these things, but I'm trying! I put a key below so you guys know what things like (f/c) and (h/c) mean.

(h/c) - hair colour
(e/c) - eye colour
(f/c) - favorite colour
(y/n) - your name


© 2016 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on June 19, 2016
Last Updated on August 3, 2016


Author

James
James

Canada



About
I have a creative mind and I enjoy writing fan fictions. Most of my stories are about video games or animes. more..

Writing
The prankster Mikey The prankster Mikey

A Chapter by James