The Ghost of Trick or Treat...

The Ghost of Trick or Treat...

A Chapter by Nic
"

Revised version of "The Ghost of Trick or Treat..."

"

The Ghost of Trick or Treat...
(Keith's P.O.V.)

It was a cold stormy night that day with only the moon's light to shine. I was reading a book late at night, when I heard a knock on the door. "Oh it must be the kids asking for candy. "As I opened the door, I felt this tingling feeling as if something was about to happen. It was a little girl at the doorstep holding out her goodie bag, "Trick or treat" she said, in the most adorable voice one could ever imagine. Our eyes met and I saw what I most feared…

The rumors were true of a ghost who would come to this museum's doorstep each hallows eve asking for candy. Her eyes were said to be as red as blood poured onto a glass cup. Her appearance was of a cute transparent little girl I have known and loved a long time ago…

It was 13 years ago… when I was still young, it was our fourth anniversary and I saw this adorable ghost sculpture of a little girl being sold at an antique store nearby. I was out with my daughter who was doing trick or treat for her very first time. "Daddy, daddy it's the museum in your pictures" she said pointing to an old, worn out, churchlike building. "Can we go there please?" she wailed in her cute little voice. "Okay, Mary you may go there and I'll catch up after buying Mommy a present," I said as I headed off towards the antique store. I watched her for some time before I entered the shop. "How much is it for that ghost sculpture on the window sill?" "Oh that little old thing, you can have it just for 120 bucks" said the old man. It was a little over my budget but I bought it anyways. Then I heard a terrifying scream, dashing out of the store, I headed straight for the museum as fast as my feet could carry me.

Sam the caretaker of the museum came over to me carrying my daughter's dead body…"She died of a car accident I am very sorry…" he said bowing his head down in tears. I was stunned, at that point, I couldn't believe my own eyes it was as if the whole world has fallen apart. I went home without saying a word. "I can't tell her she won't be able to take it…but she has to know but…" confusing thoughts filled my mind as if I had lost direction left in my life. "Honey what's wrong? Where's Mary?" "Um darling…" I said sitting down clumsily "Mary's dead…" She fainted the moment those words exited my mouth…I couldn't move…I…I couldn't believe what I just said…

It's been already 2 years after Mary's death and my wife has been terribly sick since then. I was by her side when the doorbell rang, it was my brother coming for a visit, "Hey Keith how's Anna?" "Not good, she's getting more sick by the day I am afraid that sooner I might loose her." "I just got news that Sam just quit a few weeks ago and the job is up for grabs at a high pay" "He quit?" "There has been rumors of a little ghost girl coming up the museum's doorstep for the past 2 Halloweens and I think that is why he left" "I see…" "Anyways I hope Anna gets better, I gotta go and sign up fast heh see ya" he said as he left the building.

After some days, my brother got the job, he was so happy to be working at the museum we so much mystified. Anne died a year after he got the job and we held her funeral that very day. The next morning, I had to quit my job unable to handle the situation I was in…My brother invited me to come over anytime to the museum just to get my mind off things.

"Trick or Treat" it was Halloween once again…I was seated staring at the ghost sculpture unable to move reminiscing on the past events. When suddenly my brother came in drenched wet slamming the door. It was late at night and his presence was uncalled for. "Keith I saw her…I saw Mary!" He said panting. "What are you saying Ma… she died years ago?" I responded in shock, mentioning her name was even still hard for me to do…"No I saw her Keith, I saw her, there's no mistake she is the ghost in the rumors!" I ran out following him, hoping to see my loving daughter once again. When we got there it was empty, no one was at the doorstep, there was nothing was to be seen." I saw her she was here just a while ago!" "John calm down she's been gone a long time ago. Come on let's go home, it must have been a tiring night for you." "But I saw her Keith! I saw her!"

I took over John's job after the incident and I was still questioning myself if the rumors were true. Soon came the night I have been waiting for. I stayed up all night reading a book, waiting, when I heard a knock on the door. "Oh it must be the kids asking for candy…"As I opened the door, I felt this tingling feeling as if something was about to happen… It was a little girl at the doorstep holding out her goodie bag, "Trick or treat" she said, in the most adorable voice one could ever imagine. It was her, my loving daughter, right before my very own eyes. I cried for the first time in two years. When I looked up at her, she to shed a tear; a tear that was of the color of blood...



© 2011 Nic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011


Author

Nic
Nic

Richmond, BC, Canada



About
So who is the Nic? Well, I have been writing ever-since 10 years old and i don't plan to stop. I do plan to be someday a great author! Right now my biggest project is this webcomic i am working .. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Nic