No Mouth, Yet a Mind of Bones

No Mouth, Yet a Mind of Bones

A Poem by Nicole Renee
"

Anger poem.

"

 

You’re digging down

To the very core

That I loathe,

Making me die

While my mouth is

Trapped in silence

And since I don’t know

Know how to deal

With the pain and

The hurt that is going on,

I’m just going to let you

Go on a road that will

Destine you for either

A failure or a success..

The choice is in your

Hands now, not mine.

© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
The wording is supposed to be the way it is; it symbolizes the smallness of what I can do to help.
_______________________________________________________________
My friend wants to go out with this guy that everybody thinks is not a good guy for her (which he's not and I don't want her making a wrong decision either)..I'm not in the liberty of saying another word (since I promised my other friend that I would keep it a secret). My friend won't listen to my other friend, saying that she can make a decision on her own. So it kind of hurts when your best friend doesn't want to take advice from you or want your help. (And I was thinking of just letting her do her own thing for once since I know I can't change anybody's mind).

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hard to do, be quiet when you see someone you care about doing something that will hurt them. Wonderfully penned. Your friend has a good friend in you, take heart.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, this definitely sounded like an anger poem; the tone and the font show it. When it comes to what you were talking about (disregarding your author's note), the narrator has the right idea: live and let live, no matter the result. Thanks fo sharing this. ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's hard when your friends won't listen to you, but you have to try to say what's in their best interest. That is part of the loyalty that comes from friendship. But, when they won't take your advice then you have no choice to let them go their own way. Of course, it hurts.

Your poem brought forth the feeling of that painful struggling.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm going through this too, sweetie. Just stay strong. Love always. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


there's alot of heart here! I understand this situation fully, you conveyed the situation and empotions well. You are so right, all you can do is voice your opinion, and hope they listen. The rest is their choice. I'm dealing with this type fo situation with my little sister who is making some very poor choices, but we live we learn. One of the biggest lesson's i learned is that when everyone CLOSE to you is telling you no, and what you don't want to hear.. they are seeing something we dont, something we've blinded ourselves too.. because we are looking at what we desire of the situation, not the situation in entirety.. thanx for askin me to read this poem. you inspired me today!

much love n' respect

-Lalli

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a great poem! It's so emotional. I was also surprised when I read what it was about. I thought it was about when someone else holds your heart and you are powerless over what happens to it from that point.

Either way, it's fantastic writing. :) As much as you don't want your friend to make the wrong choice, you really can't make it for her. Especially when it comes to relationships -- we all think we know what we're doing and will justify all of their wrongs. That is the one thing we seem to have to learn the hard way....unfortunately. And then say stupid things like "I should have listened to you!"

I guess you can just be there to catch her if she falls. Let's hope she doesn't.

Awesome write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The ending is perfect dear and it is very sad when you have to let someone go their own way when you care about them and know it won't end well but you can't force people to take good advise and sometimes its best for them to learn from mistakes rather than avoid them... Sometimes the best thing is to let them go their own way and work it out... Good luck in your situation and the poem is fantastic! Full of emotion and passion and just brimming with talent... great job!

~Frances~

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, there's so much emotion in this poem, I was a little surprised when I read what it was about! xD You're very talented being able to take a situation in your life and make it come alive with words. Mhm, good job!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2008
Last Updated on April 29, 2008

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prison Baptism Prison Baptism

A Story by Rain


THE RAPIER THE RAPIER

A Poem by R J Askew