Bio: Belle McGregor

Bio: Belle McGregor

A Chapter by Nicole Renee
"

Just an idea for a story (or a possible book?)...

"

 

 

Belle Margaret-Luana McGregor, the daughter of Samuel and Marline McGregor, was born on April 19th 1989 in the city of New York City around 9:30 a.m. and was about 8lbs and 14 ounces with light green eyes (one of the eyes have silver specks on it). She lived a perfectly normal life with perfectly normal friends with no worries in her little world…until she reached the age of fourteen. Something unusual happened to her; something that she couldn’t exactly explain to anybody that wouldn’t think that she was going crazy.

When she was alone in a room one dark eerie night, Belle could hear the trash cans being tipped over from outside the bedroom window. It crept her out, so Belle decided to peak out of the window to see what was making all the commotion. She thought it was the neighbor dog out loose again, yet it was something else; a fairy. And not one told in a fairy tale, either. The fairy had a long, elegant green dress on with long black hair down to the middle of her back, looking beautiful even in the midnight. She looked normal, yet dangerous at the same time. The fairy was screeching from the iron gates that the next door neighbors had, having a wound on its arm that was about five inches long. Wondering if she should go help out or not, Belle at first hesitated and stayed in bed, not knowing how to help the ‘person’ out. But after a few minutes had past, Belle couldn’t stand it anymore and ran off outside to see if she could do anything with the first aid kit (her father was a doctor and had taught her the basics). When Belle had approached the fairy, it was shocked to know that Belle could even see its appearance at all and stood still as Belle approached her. Trying to patch up the cut, the fairy had told her not to touch her with anything kind of metal, which had confused the young teenager. So with all the curiosity she had, Belle asked why and just got a scowl back. After fixing the fairies’ arm, it saw that Belle’s eye had unusualness to it, saying to her that she ‘had the sight of seeing things that couldn’t be seen to the naked eye’. Still confused by what the fairy had just said, Belle tried questioning her (yet didn’t because she had left before Belle could ask).

The night after the encountering, everything started to change from there. Belle started to see more things that couldn’t be seen by anybody else, the mere knowledge of her ‘sight’ driving her crazy (not having the slightest clue how and why she got the sight of seeing the ‘supernatural’). She told her parents once about the fairies, trolls, vampires, and werewolves that she would see, yet they thought she had imaginary friends or schizophrenia; her great great grandfather having schizophrenia when he was in his thirties. So Belle kept silent about the sights from everybody around her, eventually having to write her thoughts and feelings into her diary every day daily so nobody would think she was depressed. At times, Belle thought she was depressed because she felt like she had no self control and had nobody else to talk to about what she saw during the middle of the night.

So wanting to forget all about the ‘imaginary’ things she saw completely, Belle started a bad habit of drinking at the age of seventeen. The alcohol worked for only a week until she started to make it worse for herself, her parents eventually sending her to a private school in a part of New York where teenagers that drank could get help with getting their whole life back on track. It took a while for Belle to get it right for herself, staying around at the school for a few months until she got better, only drinking when she couldn’t take it anymore on very rare occasions. When she got home, Belle was going to her regular school again and went back to a life that waited for her until she had gotten better from her drinking habits.

A year later, Belle graduated and went to college for a while to take her generals since she didn’t know what she exactly wanted to do with her life just yet. She thought everything was going great until they started to appear again, one of the creatures stalking her everywhere she went. Belle thought ignoring the thing could get them off her back by the end of her senior year. Yet she had to drop out by the time she was going to turn nineteen, moving all the way Chicago to see if she would be ‘protected’ there. But they still followed, making Belle wonder if she would even find anybody that would protect her from what was following her….



© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
I'm kind of in writer's slump because I haven't written Chapter 4 of Eye of a Faerie Tale yet..I've planned it, yet haven't written it yet. So I'm not sure what's going to on there. XD I guess I need need encouragement or something. Lol.. But this is just something I thought up a few days ago (no, Belle doesn't have schizophrenia....the reason they can be seen is if they want people to see them..which is rare. So Belle can just see them regularly..she's the only one that can really see them...).

Inspiration(s): Valiant by Holly Black and Luis from Valiant..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's certainly the germ of a great idea. Don't let this die.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
1 Review
Added on May 4, 2008
Last Updated on July 7, 2008


Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee