01 The Birth of the Lords (Prequel)

01 The Birth of the Lords (Prequel)

A Chapter by Blake Thomas
"

(Prequel 1/4) The three lords are created in hopes to fix the torn apart world...

"

                The remains of the world are left in ruin as I look across the desert of the battlefield. We may have saved our world this time, but our years are slowly dwindling. The final threads of our existence are dissolving away…

                The world has endured much disaster, even before the dawn of man. However, even nature’s most bold attempts to wreak havoc on Earth over the past eons, have not nearly scathed as deep as the humans have in just the past century.

It began after the Great Pacific War between North America and Eastern Asia in the year of 2122. The war had left the world in poverty. Of course, mankind had been in worse. It wasn’t the end of times. The world would rebuild if left alone at the state it was in. Earth has a way of repairing itself. In this case, though, one man hindered any chance that the world had of repairing.

Dr. Ratzo was his name, although nobody knew or saw of any proof that he was an actual doctor. He was constantly under surveillance for his crazy theories and his experiments that threatened the fabric of the world and all the life that was held on it. No one could ever understand, either, why he was such a strong believer in both science and religion. During the worldwide depression after the Great Pacific War, Ratzo left the town that he believed held him back and moved to a very secluded area in woods of Rached Mountain. It was here were he began his project that he thought could save the world. No one will ever question my thoughts and power again, he thought to himself.

His plan was a simple concept. He believed that not only his world, but the universe needed a god. His studies defied all beliefs and he had discovered a way, by using Earth and the Universe themselves as the tools, to give the powers to control everything. Ratzo, although crazy, knew the consequences of not planning everything out perfectly. His plan was laid out very delicately and planned out. After years of planning and experimenting as the world around him fell apart only more, he came up with a few guidelines. First, he knew not one being could be trusted with the powers of the world. Even with two beings, betrayal could be imminent. There would be three beings, he decided, with the powers balanced out between the three. He also took a couple extra steps to ensure no betrayal could take place. One being could not over-power another, even two could not over-power one by themselves. If the time came that one of the beings needed to be put in its place, human interaction would be required. Therefore, all the power was not given to the beings, humans still held a little bit of their fate in their own hands.

Ratzo further planned out the balance of powers between the three beings. It was therefore decided: To the Magic Lord was given the control over all Magic, Time and Space, the Blood Lord was given the control over all Life and Nature, and to the Dark Lord, the control over all Evil, Death and Nightmares. These three Lords would control the fate of the world. Ratzo was convinced that his plan was perfect. He continued with the final processes.

The year 2133, on the final night of the free world, the sky lit up on the tip of Rached Mountain. Rumor has it, those in the cities below literally went blind from the sudden burst. No one would ever know, for what happened next changed the fabric of the universe. Ratzo’s project finished just as he planned. Before him, floating in the air, were three beings, somewhat portraying human shape. Each one of them seemed to have been made of a heavy, colored gas: Blue, Red and Black. Ratzo noted them as Magic, Blood and Dark, respectively. Ratzo opened his mouth to say something, but a look in Dark’s eyes stopped him. Before he could analyze the situation any more, Dark rushed straight through Ratzo’s body. Ratzo barely had time to let out a scream before his body was engulfed in gas and quickly shriveled up into a dried carcass of a man. Dark and his trail of gas flew out the window of the barely standing laboratory.

Dark floated at the base of the mountain, over-watching the city that lay ahead. A faint smile came across his face. Dark lowered himself to the ground and his gases pulled around him to form a human body. His skin and clothing remained black, with hint of red in the clothing and long, white hair encompassed his head. His shoulders were broad, along with the rest of his body. His eyes glow a very faint green as they scan the city. He stood in a field of grass and flowers. Dark glanced down at his hand, which opened up, palm facing down at the ground. Several small streams of gases seeped down in to the flowers. As the gases wrapped around them, they withered in to black twigs, some of the snapping from the sudden weight shift. Dark smashed his foot down slowly on a group of the black twigs, crushing them in to dust. He looked up at the city ahead.

Dark took his first human-form steps towards the city. He heard landing footsteps behind him which he immediately knew was Magic or Blood. Maybe both, but he didn’t care anyway. He continued forward, eyes straight.

“What are you doing, Dark?”

Dark barely glanced around and met eyes with Magic. Magic stood only a little shorter than Dark. His skin and clothing blue, with a slight tinge or gold around the clothes. Magic’s white hair was short and somewhat spiked. The face around his green eyes appeared much older and matured than that of Dark. Several feet behind Magic stood Blood. Taking close to the same appearance as Magic, though blue substituted with red, and he was the youngest looking of the three. He stood in place, seeming a little unsure of what was going on.

Dark, however, from the second he burst in to life, he knew he only wanted to destroy. Nothing more. All in an instant, he gained all the knowledge he needed. Magic experienced the same suddenness of knowledge, but his first instinct was to protect. Blood felt the same as Magic, but he was more unsure of it, and felt uneasy.

After exchanging expressions that needed no words, Dark snapped his head back forward and began walking towards the city once more. Magic placed his hand on Dark, but it was quickly shot back as Dark spun around, palm towards Magic, blasting him several hundred feet away, leaving nothing but a dancing mixture of black and blue smoke between them.

Dark’s legs faded as he floated back in top the air and sped off in to the heart of the city. Seeing this all take place, Blood quickly sped to Magic to help him up.

Magic shook his head, “He needs to be stopped. Why does he not have any control over his powers?”

Blood looked to the city, “All of his powers are dark, their only use is evil…”

 Magic nodded to Blood, and without another word, they both floated up and flew through the air in to the city. They suddenly stopped when they came across the massacre that spread across the courtyard at the city hall. Body parts and blood were scattered and poured all over the streets and the once green grass. As he looked around, a tear rolled down Blood’s cheek.

“So much life… gone.” He muttered.

His thoughts were soon shattered by the sound of gunfire coming from deeper in the city. Magic and Blood rushed in the direction of the shots. They arrived to witness three warriors fighting the Dark Lord. The first they noticed was a very strong looking man, pressing his sword against Dark’s hands as he tried to hold it back. Dark was again in his human form. Another man stood tall and lanky, with his hands grasping a staff that was pointed directly at the big man with the sword. The third warrior was on the rooftops, equipped with two pistols, one in each hand, and a rifle strapped to his back.

Blood looked over at Magic, “Why are they not destroyed by his powers?”

Magic looked a little confused himself, “They must be pure of heart warriors… Warriors who are pure have no nightmares. Dark cannot manipulate their lives through magical powers, he would have to kill them the old fashioned way, as one human would kill another.”

Blood nodded his head. He then shot forward, leaving a trail of red gas in the air. He dove down and swiped Dark’s legs, sweeping him off his feet and face-first in to the ground. Dark reacted quickly by bolting up in to the air. Magic quickly met him several feet off the ground, grasping on to his body and pulling him back to the ground. The three warriors didn’t move much now, they were shocked enough at one demon, but three?

Dark struggled to get free from Magic’s grasp, but Blood was back to help hold him down. Dark said nothing.

Magic looked in to Dark’s angry eyes, “Just brought in to existence and already abusing your powers? We were not created for that!”

Dark only struggled more.

Blood looked to Magic, “What are we going to do? We have to take him somewhere, seal him somewhere.”

The tall, lanky man walked up to the three struggling lords and spoke as if he had more of a realization of what was going on.

“The Sealed Temple… It lay several miles from here, but it has been said to be able to seal any power, no matter how powerful or how evil. The elders of the city have told me about it for years… Can my human powers weaken him?” The tall man asked to Magic.

Magic was surprised at the fearlessness of the warrior, “Yes, mage. Your powers can help. We can hold him, can you get us to the Temple?”

The man nodded and held his staff over the three Lords and the three warriors. With a few waves of the staff, the six of them were now in a different land. The temple stood in front of them towering higher than any human structure they have seen yet. Dark tried to struggle more, but it was useless.

The tall, lanky man walked up to the door of the temple and ran his staff down the crevice between the wide double-doors. The doors opened up with a loud roar. Magic stood up from holding Dark, and held his hand out, palm facing Dark’s body. Out of his palm came a blue gas that surrounded Dark. Blood followed and did the same. Together, the two Lords raised Dark’s body in to the air and guided it in to the temple. Once Dark’s body crossed the threshold, the tall mage forced the doors closed with a wave of his staff. He continued by running his staff down the door’s crevice while chanting for a few seconds. He took a deep breath and turned back to face the Lords.

“What evil force was that creature?” The tall man said.

“How do we know they aren’t just as evil?” The strong man said, looking at the tall man. This was the first thing the Lords heard him say.

The other warrior stood quietly, his guns still held in hand.

The tall man smiled, “You’ve followed and trusted in me and my knowledge for years now, have I ever led you wrong before?” he said to the strong man. He then shifted his look to Magic, “I am Kunorosko, Mage of the West, as they call me. This brute over here with the sword is Garro, and the man in the shadows is Lonx.”

Magic looked over at Lonx, who had now had his weapons holstered.

Magic now fixed his eyes on Kunorosko, “I’m sure you would like to know what is going on..."



© 2012 Blake Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This, is really good! and i'm really picky when it come to what a read. Good Job!!(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is awesome and well written too thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2012


Author

Blake Thomas
Blake Thomas

Keizer, OR



About
Okay. I just trashed all of my old writing on here to open the door for my newly refined and rewritten works. I am mainly working on two novels right now. One is a Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy called 'The.. more..

Writing