Stephanie's Random Adventures Chapter 1

Stephanie's Random Adventures Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nikoli
"

Stephanie possesses powerful psychic abilities, but she's also a total ditz. She acts on her random impulses, which leads her to experience so many wonderful adventures. You'll laugh, trust me. And if you don't laugh, it means you have a life.

"

Deep in the mountains of Ireland there is a castle where a powerful witch lives. Although, she’s not your average witch. I mean seriously, how many teenage witches have a pet dragon named Mittens? Only one… and it’s Stephanie.

 

Stephanie commands a massive army of human slaves. She possesses powerful psychic abilities. She can read the minds of anyone within close range of her, and she can implant her thoughts into other people to make them completely obedient on her. Sadly, her mind controlling powers only work on idiots, so her army of minions is incredibly stupid. None the less, she has thousands of slaves at her disposal that tend to her every need.

 

For the last few years, Stephanie has been plotting to conquer the world. Even though Stephanie is a powerful witch with a massive army, she’s been having trouble taking over the world. There are many distractions along the way that keep Stephanie from fulfilling her goal of world domination. Stephanie is an evil witch, but she can never seem to accomplish anything.

 

Stephanie isn’t the only powerful person in the world. There are many other people with similar abilities. Although, Stephanie’s power is probably the most badass because she can do whatever the hell she wants.

 

Just as there are evil people in this world, there are also virtuous people who try to do good and help others. Since Stephanie is a witch, she is often targeted by people who claim to be saving the world by purging witches and other supernatural beings. These people of justice are called Purifiers. They seek out and kill powerful witches. And since Stephanie is a powerful witch, she is constantly being targeted by these Purifiers. That’s the main reason she built her castle in the mountains. She thinks it’s funny when people have to climb so much before they can find her.

 

Stephanie spends most of her time sitting on her fancy, solid diamond throne. One day, Stephanie was enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee when one of her minions came running into the room. “Miss Stephanie!” The minion cried. Stephanie took a sip from her cup, “I told you minion, call me Princess Stephanie.” The minion gave her a blank look. This was the first he had ever heard of her name change. “Uh, ok… Princess Stephanie.” Stephanie shook her head, “I changed my mind. Call me General Pain.” The minion stared at her in confusion, “Seriously?”

 

Stephanie put her finger to her lip in thought, “Mmmm… No. Just call me Steph for now.” The minion waited a few seconds just in case she would change her mind again. “What is it slave?” Stephanie asked and took another sip of her coffee, “This better be good. I’m extremely busy plotting my world domination.” The minion looked around at the messy room. The floor was covered with random things that Stephanie had lost interest in. It didn’t look like she was planning anything.

 

“There’s an intruder climbing the mountain.” The minion told her. Stephanie shrugged her shoulders, “So? Many people have climbed my mountain of doom, but none have actually reached my castle.” This was bullshit. Many people have made it to Stephanie’s castle. She simply doesn’t like to admit it.

 

“But…” The minion started to say. “What?” Stephanie glared at the minion with a powerful stare. “Uh…” The minion stuttered, “Nothing. Can I get you anything else Steph?” Stephanie scowled at him, “I told you to call me Princess Stephanie!” The minion took a step back, “But, you told me—” Stephanie interrupted him, “I’m tired of your insubordination. Mittens!” As soon as she called her dragon’s name, he appeared beside her.

 

Using her mind reading powers, Mittens’ thoughts projected into Stephanie’s mind. You called me? Mittens is very loyal to Stephanie because she raised him from an egg she found on the sidewalk. Dragons are very rare. There are only a handful in existence. “This minion is annoying me.” Stephanie whined to her pet. Mittens immediately flew over to the minion and ate him in one bite. “Good boy.” Stephanie said. She walked over to Mittens and scratched him behind his ears. For some reason, dragons like this. Mittens licked Stephanie’s face with his huge dragon tongue.

 

Mittens is a rare breed of dragon. His scales are golden, rather than the usual color of red or black. When he’s standing on all fours, he’s about five feet tall and about twenty feet long. His wings are massive and he can easily fly mach 5. Well, that may be exaggerating a little, but he can still fly pretty fast.

 

“I love you Mittens.” Stephanie whispered into his awesome dragon ears. I love you too Steph. Mittens is the only one that Stephanie doesn’t consider expendable. She is constantly feeding her minions to Mittens when they annoy her.

 

“Oh!” Stephanie suddenly got an idea. She starting digging through her pile of random s**t and pulled out a black top hat. She excitedly ran over to Mittens and placed it on his head. “There!” She cried and smiled. Mittens looked up at the ridiculous hat on his awesome dragon head and then stared at Stephanie. “It’s funny because you’re a dragon and dragons don’t wear hats!” Mittens blinked at her. You’re so weird. Stephanie shot him an irritated look, “You’re just jealous because you can’t read people’s minds.”

 

Mittens shook the hat off and it fell to the floor. At least I can fly. This is true. Stephanie cannot fly. Stephanie pouted her lips.

 

“Miss Stephanie!” A minion cried as he ran into the room. “What is it?” Stephanie demanded. “The intruder is inside the castle! All of our men are being killed!” Stephanie made her way back to her throne and sat down. “Ok.” She said. The minion stared at her, “What?”

 

Mittens walked over to Stephanie’s throne and lied down beside her. “What’s your point?” Stephanie asked impatiently. “Uh,” The minion started, “I’m just telling you that—” The minion didn’t have time to finish this because he suddenly became frozen. “Holy s**t!” Stephanie yelled in surprise. She stared at her minion, who was completely immobilized in ice. She looked at Mittens accusingly, “Did you do that?” Mittens gave her a flat look. Do I look like an ice dragon to you? Stephanie looked Mittens up and down and thought for a second, “Uh… Maybe.” Mittens looked at the frozen minion, who was still standing at the doorway. Well I’m not.

 

A mysterious figure appeared in the doorway. It’s a girl about the same age as Stephanie. She has short purple hair. The girl is wearing a dark blue ninja robe that is totally badass. “Hi.” Stephanie said to the intruder. The girl looked confused for a second, but then recovered, “Stephanie! I’m a Purifier and I’m here to destroy your wicked soul!” Stephanie gave her a friendly smile, “Please, call me Princess Stephanie.” The girl blinked in confusion.

 

The girl’s thoughts echoed in Stephanie’s mind. Who the hell is this witch? She’s so weird. “What’s your name?” Stephanie asked politely. The girl paused, “Uh… Sen.” Stephanie read Sen’s mind again. I’ll just shoot my ice at her. She won’t be able to dodge it when she’s in that chair.

 

“You can shoot ice?” Stephanie asked impressed, “That’s cool! I wish I could do that!” Sen stared at her in disbelief, “How did you know that?” Stephanie gave her a sly smile, “It’s a secret.” Sen gave her a flat look, “You can read minds, can’t you?” Stephanie frowned, “That’s not fair. How did you know that?” Sen rolled her eyes, “It wasn’t that hard to figure it out.” Stephanie ignored her, “Are you a ninja?”

 

Sen started getting angry at Stephanie’s blissful ignorance. Sen sighed, “Yes. I’m a ninja and I’m here to kill you.” Stephanie gave her a curious look, “Why?”

 

“Because you’re an evil witch and I’m a Purifier!” Sen yelled hopelessly, “That’s what we do! We fight each other!” Stephanie sighed, “Fine. Have it your way. Give me your best shot.” Stephanie heard Mittens’ thoughts in her mind. Are you sure it’s a good idea to fight her? Stephanie nodded.

 

“I’m ready when you are ninja girl.” Stephanie said. Sen glared at her, “My name is Sen!” Sen lifted her palm toward Stephanie and a blue cloud of ice shot out of her palm, heading straight for Stephanie. Rather than dodging the attack, Stephanie morphed her body into smoke and floated to the other end of the room. Did I mention that Stephanie can turn herself into smoke and shadows? I’m pretty sure I did.

 

Anyway, Stephanie reformed into her normal self and stared at Sen. “You’re not nearly powerful enough to beat me.” Stephanie said. Sen straightened her fingers, and her entire forearm became a sharp ice sword. Stephanie opened her eyes, “I don’t care if you are trying to kill me… That is f*****g awesome!” Sen ignored her and sprinted straight for her with incredible speed. Sen only took a few steps before she tripped on her own feet. She fell to the ground and landed square on her face. “Ouch!” She yelled.

 

Stephanie gave her a worried look, “You ok?” Sen quickly got to her feet, “Shut up! I don’t need your concern!” Sen charged at Stephanie head on. Again, Stephanie morphed her body into smoke. She floated up to the chandelier, which was suspended nearly a hundred feet off of the ground. She reformed and waved at Sen, “Try to get me up here!” Stephanie let out a mocking laugh and Sen glared at her. Sen ran at the wall and started running straight upwards, using her ice powers to freeze the bottom of her feet to the wall just long enough to take another step.

 

She quickly ran upwards until she was level with Stephanie. Then she held out her palm, shooting out another furious cloud of ice. “S**t.” Stephanie said. She couldn’t react in time and her entire body became layered in ice. Sen stared at the now frozen Stephanie, still sitting on the chandelier. A long moment went by where nothing happened.

 

Suddenly, Sen heard Stephanie’s voice in her mind. That is one cool power of yours. I wish I could do that. Sen opened her eyes wide. Yes, I can talk to people with my mind. That’s how cool I am. Sen stared at Stephanie’s body completely frozen in inches of solid ice. She knew there was no way Stephanie should be able to use her mind powers. Try looking above you. Sen immediately looked upwards and saw Stephanie standing upside down on the ceiling. “Hi.” She said and gave Sen a friendly wave. Sen quickly looked back at the chandelier, which was covered in ice, but Stephanie was no longer there.

 

I guess I should have mentioned that as a psychic witch, Stephanie can implant any thought into other people’s minds. She can fool other people’s senses, making her appear to be somewhere that she really isn’t. That means she can make anyone think anything at anytime. Stephanie calls this power her Complete Hypnosis.

 

“You b***h!” Sen yelled at her. Stephanie gave her a shocked look, “There’s no need to call me names!”

 

Stephanie heard Sen’s thoughts. How can I fight someone that can mess with my mind? I can’t even trust my own eyes. Stephanie let out a hum as she pondered it herself, “That does sound pretty hard to do.” Sen glared at her. Stop reading my mind! Stephanie gave her a smile, “But I like to. And if I stop, how will I know what you’re going to do? I can’t have you killing me now.”

 

“I’ll still find a way to kill you!” Sen cried. Stephanie started pacing around the ceiling, “I like how my hair does this upside down thing. It looks like my hair is going straight up.” Stephanie laughed at she fiddled with her hair. “Stop ignoring me!” Sen yelled furiously. Stephanie turned her attention back to Sen, “There’s no way you can kill me. I have complete control over your mind. Even if I couldn’t read it, I can still bend it to my will.”

 

Sen gave her a look of disbelief, “Not my mind. You can’t control me.” Stephanie smiled slyly, “Let’s try it. I’ll give you a free shot. I won’t even use my hypnosis.” Stephanie changed into smoke and quickly floated down to the floor. She reformed and gave Sen an expectant look, “Come on. Gimmi your best shot.” Sen sprinted down the wall and headed straight for Stephanie, who was giving her an amused grin. Sen ran right up to Stephanie and slammed both her palms against Stephanie’s chest. A huge blast of ice come out of her hands and Stephanie was sent flying through the air. There was no ice on her body, but when she landed on the ground she couldn’t move at all.

 

Sen walked over to Stephanie, who was completely immobile on the ground. “I’ve frozen every single cell in your body, including the cells in your brain. Try controlling my mind now!” Stephanie’s eyes were wide, but she couldn’t look directly at Sen. Not a single cell in her body could move in the least.

 

Sen started to walk away when she heard the familiar voice in her mind. Holy s**t! That almost killed me! Your power is awesome! Sen whipped around and stared at Stephanie. “No!” Sen yelled, “Die!” She lifted her hand and shot a huge wave of ice and Stephanie, covering her body from head to toe in two feet of ice. You can stop now. All you’re doing is making me really cold.

 

Sen took a step back from Stephanie. Suddenly, Sen felt something in her mind pulling at her will, trying to force her to release Stephanie from her ice prison. Let me go. “No!” Sen cried, “I won’t let you control me!” Stephanie’s powers were too strong for Sen and she involuntarily forced her ice to melt, setting Stephanie free.

 

Stephanie slowly stood up and stretched her arms. “Man!” She said with a laugh, “Being frozen sucks! For a second there I almost thought I was going to die.” Sen stared at Stephanie with a look of pure hatred. “Don’t look so mad,” Stephanie said, “You should have known that you couldn’t beat me. I’m too awesome.”

 

This whole time, Mittens hadn’t moved an inch. He knew that Stephanie wasn’t in any danger. She never is. Stephanie heard Mittens’ thoughts, Can I eat her now? “No.” Stephanie said. Why not? She didn’t answer him.

 

Stephanie stepped toward Sen, who glared at her fiercely. “You should join me.” Stephanie said. Sen let out a fake laugh, “Why would I do that? You’re a witch. You’re evil.” Stephanie thought this over for a moment, “That’s true. But think about it like this… I’ll kill you if you don’t join me.” Sen knew the truth of this, but she didn’t want to admit defeat to a witch. “Plus,” Stephanie said, “If you come with me, you’ll probably find more witches along the way. I’ll even help you find them.”

 

Sen gave her a curious look, “Why are you so determined to get me to join you?” Stephanie smiled, “I like your power. Also, I think ninjas are really cool. They’re way cooler than pirates.” Sen stared at Stephanie blankly and thought, Is she an idiot or just weird? “It’s not nice to call me names,” Stephanie said, “So, what do you say?”

 

Sen weighed her options. She knew there was no other choice. “Fine,” She gave in, “But I’m not one of your slaves that you can order around. I’m a Purifier and I will be treated as your equal.” Stephanie shrugged, “Ok, but you if don’t want me in your mind again you better do what I say.” Sen stared at her, “Fair enough.” Stephanie knew Sen wasn’t going to become loyal to her, but she didn’t care. She needed Sen for her plans… although he didn’t tell Sen this.

 

“Let me show you around.” Stephanie said and eagerly made her way into the next room. She grabbed Sen’s hand and showed her every single room in the giant castle. “This is the kitchen, and this is the living room, and this is the other living room, and this is my bedroom.” She ended the extremely long tour in her bedroom.

 

Sen glanced around. It was just as messy as the throne room, if not more. “How is your room so messy? Don’t you have like a billion slaves?” Stephanie shrugged, “I like it when it’s like this. I always know where everything is.”

 

Stephanie showed her new “friend” to her room, which was enormous. “Why would I need such a huge room?” Sen asked in awe. Stephanie shrugged, “You never know.” Stephanie heard Sen’s thoughts. Know what? This is all so ridiculous.

 

Sen glared at Stephanie, “Just so you know, I’m not staying here because I like you or that I’m on your side. If there’s ever a moment when I think I can kill you, I’m going to take it.” Stephanie skipped away playfully, “I’d like to see you try.” She left the room and poked her head through the doorway, “This’ll be fun!”

 

Stephanie ran off and Sen was left alone in her huge room. “I am so fucked.” She said to herself.

 



© 2009 Nikoli


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, nice starting story keep up the good work

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a cute approach. If you can keep the pace up this will be a very good book.

You have a good sense of the ridiculous, which is much better than a sense of humour. I am enjoying this. Keep going and have fun.

Hans von Lieven

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is good. I like it a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2009
Last Updated on September 8, 2009


Author

Nikoli
Nikoli

About
I'm an inexperienced writer trying to succeed. I love writing stories. I write fantasies, romances, comedies, and psychological thrillers. I've written two books and I'm trying to get the first one pu.. more..

Writing
My New Heart My New Heart

A Poem by Nikoli