Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Emily

When I finally became conscious enough that I understood what sally was trying to tell me I burst into tears and sally held me and told me everything would be ok.

sally made me some hot chocolate and oatmeal. After a while of being in the basement sally turned on the radio, at first all we could hear was static and a few fuzzy words like “S.O.S” and “Help”. After a few hours of the static and mumbling a deep voice came on and said “We are being bombed.”

Sally started to cry because she should have known earlier and shipped me away to one of her other family members. "You shouldn't be here with me I’m so stupid."

"No you are not, its fine the basement is comfortable and we have plenty of food we'll be safe here I promise."

"No you are being sent off somewhere else where it is safe."

"But I want to stay here with you." At this point we had been in the basement for about 8 hours and I was all cried out and cuddling sally for warmth. I finally fell asleep in her arms.

In the morning while I was eating breakfast Sally told me that I’d be shipped off to garden groove to live with a foster parent called Mr. Mac. then she told me when the war was over I’d come back to live with her and that I was leaving tomorrow afternoon  before the war began.

When it was finally time for me to leave, I hugged sally and  boarded on a train with a bunch of other kids. On the train I met a girl named Callie. She was exactly my age and she was being shipped to a foster parent too.

On the train we played with the doll she brought. It had brown hair that was shoulder length and blue eyes. We did everything together and no one knew us as Corrie or Callie, they knew us as Corrie and Callie. After the long train ride of 3 days we finally arrived at our destination of Garden Groove. We sat on the ledge with our feet hanging off saying our final goodbyes and watching as the other kids slowly started to leave. After30 minutes there were only me, Callie, and a few other stray kids hanging around the train depot. Finally after an hour of waiting with Callie a lady arrived in a horse drawn carriage with a sign that said “Callie Nichols and Corrie Viper” on it . We were so excited that we were assigned the same foster parent.



© 2010 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 1, 2010
Last Updated on November 1, 2010


Author

Emily
Emily

CA



Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Emily


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Emily