M 3. I'm in love again!

M 3. I'm in love again!

A Chapter by Effervescent Dreams
"

Warm embers of my long lost love are ignited with the birth of my son... and I see the seedling of that love my parents planted in me............!

"
I’m in love....... again!


  
My darling little Sam turned 10 months today.  Tenderly I fix my gaze on him ……my little babe who, ten months ago, lay in my arms….serene…..eyes shut tight..…grimacing hard at the light that shown.....  With the passing days, he'd looked up languorously ..... and into my face.......... gifting me with oodles of toothless smiles…making me want to swoon, with joy untold…..!

I remember the days, I'd watched expectantly with fingers crossed and with growing awe….. as he learnt to hold up his head………rolled over (all by himself..…!)….and slowly and steadily pulled himself  to sit …. again by himself (wow!).  Then with practiced ease, he went about maneuvering  himself around as he crawled about …..and then one fine day, he stood up..…. swaying on his cute podgy legs, and presented me with a victorious smile, that would beat the greatest mountaineer.....!
           
            Now, he walks about grabbing onto chairs and tables. I sense within me…. waves of immense pleasure and pride, that every mother would experience…watching her little one, toddling out to take on the world.  Oh there…..he falls and hurts himself…! ….My heart lurches, as I cry from within…. why oh why……should my baby suffer?  My dear little sweetheart...... I wish I could stack all happiness on earth at his little feet! Swooping down, I lift him off his feet and smother him with kisses…..

            I feast my eyes on his tiny mop of hair,.... the cute limpid eyes,....the stubby nose,...and oh the little fingers and toes, that have grown over the months,….yet sooo tender!  I count the creases on his podgy hands and legs, wishing they would never fade out.......  His baby talk….music to my ears, churns up waves of immense pleasure, far away in the depths of my heart.  

            There he smiles, showing a glimmer of some precious pearly white teeth!  He nibbles at my fingers…... and I squeal in mock pain, while he shakes with merry laughter!  I gather him into my arms, and thank God for my little bundle of joy.

            I fondly remember my dear Mom and Dad.  I've no memory of the days of my babyhood.  Yet I sense within me, the oceans of love that had flooded me then… and the little seed of love they put within me.  It’s grown today, emitting fragrance unlimited, which I now lavish on my babe.  I love my Mom and Dad for that rare gift they bestowed on me then.  That gift, I shall cherish, and bequeath to my son…and he shall carry on the legacy, so preciously rare among today’s mankind. 

            Night falls.  I watch his serene face break into an angelic smile, as he drifts off into the land of nod.  I smother him with tender kisses…wanting to hold him close to me forever….my precious precious little treasure!!..................

……I’m in love once again….!


20 Jan 1993


© 2015 Effervescent Dreams


Author's Note

Effervescent Dreams
Friends,

Please feel free to give your comments on this.

thanks. Nimmi

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 14, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: Little Sam, journey through growth, ecstacy of mother....


Author

Effervescent Dreams
Effervescent Dreams

KERALA, India



About
Hi! I'm fun loving and happy-go-lucky, with a humanitarian mindset and a Utopian dream for gender equality across the globe more..

Writing