The Song that Got Stuck in My Head

The Song that Got Stuck in My Head

A Story by Notedge

Have you ever heard a song that is so meaningful to you?

It was a hot summer day, the radio was on when I heard a song that greatly impacted me I didn’t even try to understand the lyrics I just loved the rhythm. Years later, I got my first instrument a ukulele �" it has four nylon strings that are softer than the guitar’s strings. It is made up of smooth quality wood that smells good like the guitar, but it is small like the violin. After that, I learned the basics and became kind of good at it.

It was a cold; cold night and the radio were still on and I heard that song again and it got stuck in my head again and I remembered the first time I heard that song. After that night I tried to learn that song on my new instrument, as I strummed the strings, I felt alive because I could play the song that I love. Sometime after that, the song was kind of overplayed as it was all over the radio. My taste in music kind of changed as I matured and as I became more advanced with my instrument, I learned how to finger style and it is hard to transition from strumming to finger style the skill gap has a huge gap and someday, hopefully I could play the song that got stuck in my head in other ways in other ways.

TO BE CONTINUED!

© 2020 Notedge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The thought is really amazing. It reminds me of the feeling when I start to be interested in something. I hope this is piece is longer huhu I want to know more about how you feel kasi nakakabitin and be more thorough as you describe the feeling. Overall, maganda and it piques my curiosity. :>

Posted 3 Years Ago


I have never played any musical instrument in my life and cannot say that it has ever interested me before reading this. I find it really nice the way you describe it here and the joy you receive from playing your favorite music. This phenomenon of a favorite tune getting stuck in my head often bothers me and I try to get rid of it by listening to some other song but it keeps replaying and I get so fed up of it. I will wait for the continuation of this story. Thank you.

Posted 3 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2020
Last Updated on September 8, 2020
Tags: short story

Author

Notedge
Notedge

Philippines




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Icarus Icarus

A Story by moongirl


Focus Focus

A Story by gabby


A Short Love Story A Short Love Story

A Story by Ysa


her eyes her eyes

A Poem by mariposa