Cutter's Lullaby

Cutter's Lullaby

A Poem by Numb
"

OTHER title: Lullaloo

"

Go to sleep and close your eyes, and dream of broken butterflies


That tore their wings against a thorn. 


You know the pain that they've endured

Silver metal shine so bright 


Scarlet blood that feels so right. 


Dream of that blood trickling down and wake up just before you drown.

The moonlight shining off your tears as you bleed out your worst fears. 


So tonight when you start to cry

Whisper the cutters lullaby:

Hushabye baby,

You’re almost dead


You don’t have a pulse and your pillow is red. 


Your family hates you; your friends let you bleed

Sleep tight with a knife, cause it’s all that you need.

Rockabye baby,

Broken and scarred, 


You didn’t know life would be this hard. 


Time to end the pain you hid so well


And down you’ll come baby, 


Straight back to hell

 

© 2010 Numb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is very touching i just cutt right before i read this and no one noticed... im in a class full of people and no one notices.. anyways back to the poem, i love how it goes into a lullaby eventhough its such a dark poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.M
An incredibly vivid poem, i also love the way it morphs into the lullaby. The phrases are dark and yet simultaneously beautiful; overall this is a very powerful poem which many can relate to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i can relate. i love this one

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vin
OM freaking G! I loved this, as dark as it is I thought it was amazing! The intensity of it all was just oustanding! The song was WOW, again really dark and tragic but such talent with those words!
I especially loved
" Rockabye baby,
Broken and scarred,
You didn't know life would be this hard.
Time to end the pain you hid so well
And down you'll come baby,
Straight back to hell."
Great job!!

-Beth

Posted 13 Years Ago


I find it really hard to say I liked this poem, as it nearly brought me to tears, but that's the sign of a good poem, right? After having so many people close to me struggle with self-mutilation it's really hard for me to read about it, especially this piece because of the way the dark images portray the pain and the lullaby lyrics draw you in and make you feel safe and comforted. The contrast of the two feelings is hard enough, but is made even harder by knowing how the two go hand in hand for people who have this addiction. Bravo on using such a simple technique so effectively.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow. this was dark. I loved it :) your an amazing poet and you know how to express emotions through literature really well. this was an amazing write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Twisted. Recalling of things not wanted to be recalled.
Have you, too, noticed how many nursery rhymes have something to do with falling? London Bridge, Ring Around the Rosies, and this in which you've rewritten with your own thoughts?


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010

Author

Numb
Numb

MD



About
14. Freshman. I love all comments and stuff like that, any criticism I love. Whether pointing out my flaws, or congratulaitng me on a job well done. I tend to write about my life, in some for.. more..

Writing
Abuse Abuse

A Poem by Numb


Daddy Daddy

A Poem by Numb


Walking Walking

A Poem by Numb